Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss37568
Around the Corner from My Home

JERSEY CITY — A 16-year-old Jersey City boy and a Jersey City man were arrested after discarding handguns when police entered Arlington Park Monday night, officials said.

Officers responding to the park on a report of shots fired at 9:30 p.m. arrested the Virginia Avenue boy and Akil Duncan, 18, of Pearsall Avenue, reports said. They were charged with numerous weapons offenses and resisting arrest, reports said.
When officers arrived, a group of people quickly left the gazebo and walked out of the park, but Duncan and the boy quickly left the group, reports said.

Officers tried to stop the pair, but they ran back into the park and discarded the guns before being arrested at gunpoint, reports said.
Other officers stopped the group and when they were searched, two hollow-point bullets were found in the pocket of Dacuan Pettiford, 21, of Grand Street, reports said.

Pettiford and Duncan made their first court appearance in Central Judicial Processing court in Jersey City yesterday. Duncan’s bail was set at $75,000 cash or bond and Pettiford’s at $2,500 with a 10 percent cash option.

PS. I know the kid on the right, unfortunately
What is scary about this story is that I was at that same park with my kids on sunday

Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
AnneLea
Old 05-30-2012, 11:12 AM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1730
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186
Re: Around the Corner from My Home

And this is why I'm not scared to die.

You never know when or where, even right out your front door, something like that will be lurking. Even though many people may cry and say those two "are really just good kids" we all know that it doesn't work that way.

I'm sorry that things came so close to home for you, and I do believe you're justified in being scared since you just took your kid there earlier.

Still though,the best you can do is either wait it out and see whether or not it'll get worse, or get on the ball and move to a different area.

Once "gang" type of activities start in an area, it can be hard to stop it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnneLea For This Useful Post:
Flaka, gibeog