female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
Arizona Enacts Funeral Protest Legislation

westboro Baptist "church" had planned to protest at the funeral of christina Green, who was born during a tragedy, and died during a tragedy.

Those people forced the governors hand, but this should be done in all states to keep those heathens out.

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer signed emergency legislation Tuesday that bars protests within 300 feet of a funeral and within an hour from its beginning or end.

Earlier in the day, the state legislature passed the measure, which targets a Kansas church whose members announced they plan to picket the funerals of the victims of Saturday's shootings in Tucson.

"Such despicable acts of emotional terrorism will not be tolerated in the State of Arizona," Brewer said in a statement announcing she had signed the bill. "This legislation will assure that the victims of Saturday's tragic shooting in Tucson will be laid to rest in peace with the full dignity and respect that they deserve."

The legislation makes protesting too near a funeral a misdemeanor in the state. It went into effect immediately upon Brewer's signing it.

The action is in direct response to the Westboro Baptist Church's announcement that it will picket the funeral of Christina Green, the 9-year-old who was among six people killed during Saturday's attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Arizona.

[B]My question: WHY would they pick Christina greens funeral to make worse than it already is???[/B]

Old 01-14-2011, 03:40 AM
aintthatathing
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2362

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss116
Re: Arizona Enacts Funeral Protest Legislation

there is a great link on Dr about these yahoos that call themselves a church

Old 01-14-2011, 03:54 AM
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:450
Men

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1440

God bless that Governor! This should, ABSOLUTELY, be passed in every state in America! The Phelps (who run that ass backwards so-called "church") needs to be dealt with, harshly. Just as harshly as they believe everyone else in this world should be dealt with. The entire family needs to find a new country in which to live! And, can somebody, FOR GOD'S SAKE, stop these freaks from inbreeding from this point on!

Old 01-14-2011, 08:09 AM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:210
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

That the group was going to protest TOTALLY sickened me. I have a 9 year old son and if anyone was there to cause trouble I would declare myself temporarily insane and go ape shit on the lot of bible toters. Absolutely disgraceful on their part.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Too bad the federal attorneys have not found a way to declare these bog rolls to be terrorists and let them go 'minister'(since they are a "church") to the filthy bastards in GITMO and share their pigpens with them too.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

This so called Baptist Church is nothing more than a hate group, the assholes hold up placards saying "Thank God for IED'S", they should be fucking shot for treason, and trying to picket a young mudered girls funeral is despicable.

Old 01-15-2011, 01:24 AM
Xfactor
Offline:
Avoiding Limelight
Poster Rank:98
Male
Contributions: 4

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10961

Despicable son of a bitches

Old 01-15-2011, 01:35 AM
Broadjumper
Offline:
My Rank: SECOND LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:188
Male

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1181 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
Too bad the federal attorneys have not found a way to declare these bog rolls to be terrorists and let them go 'minister'(since they are a "church") to the filthy bastards in GITMO and share their pigpens with them too.
As disgusting as their rhetoric is, this comes down to a 1st amendment case...they choose these kinds of situations specifically because it will bring them attention. They don't for a minute concern themselves with these poor innocent victims because they've convinced themselves that our "wickedness" is the root cause and we deserve these fates because we refuse to follow God.

I appreciate your feelings about it, but it's just a bit ironic considering this very site's content is available to us largely because of the same 1st amendment freedoms....

Old 01-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Audioguru
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:307
yes

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2558

They have the audacity to call themselves a church? They should be mourning the loss of innocent lives and keep their politics out of it. Assholes!

Old 01-15-2011, 06:52 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadjumper View Post
As disgusting as their rhetoric is, this comes down to a 1st amendment case...they choose these kinds of situations specifically because it will bring them attention. They don't for a minute concern themselves with these poor innocent victims because they've convinced themselves that our "wickedness" is the root cause and we deserve these fates because we refuse to follow God.

I appreciate your feelings about it, but it's just a bit ironic considering this very site's content is available to us largely because of the same 1st amendment freedoms....
People have to COME to this site in order to see the content. It is their choice.

Protesting at funerals is just wrong and NOT the spirit in which the founding fathers intended toe first amendment to be used.

we haqve rights, but those rights should not impede upon the well-being of others....be it physically, socially, spiritually, or emotionally.