Old 07-24-2011, 01:34 AM
Creepy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss
Re: Arizona, A Criminals Worst Nightmare.

i'll keep my rifle and shotgun and i'll teach my children how to use them responsibly and i will not hesitate to use either to defend my family.

I won't make apologies for it either.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
johnleeknoefler
Old 07-24-2011, 07:58 AM
mrh2008
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:527
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1158

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnleeknoefler View Post
Someone said that MattyD was looking at both sides (of the issue) while I could only read a myoptically onesided and biased view of the gun control issue by a person (MattyD) who tosses out "facts" that are based on nothing more than uninformed baseless conjecture. Those views are not even based on a real world view. At least look in the papers and see how dangerous UK has become to the unarmed citizen casually walking down the street. Basic logic will tell you that the police can rarely be counted on to prevent a crime. They can barely be counted on to respond to a crime that has already occurred and then only when it serves their own interests. Common sense and rationality will tell you that only those who are already law abiding citizens will actually cooperate with a gun ban and turn in thier weapons. The criminals will simply procure more weapons if you take them out of their hands. That's assuming of course that you actually catch them.
RottenFlesh did us all a favor by digging up the real facts and posting them for all to see. Facts that have not had the data massaged and cherry picked for a politically correct viewpoint. I have seen these same reports and read all I could on the topic. Gun control doesn't work when it's sole focus is to disarm the lawful citizen. The only legitimate use of gun control is to require a gun owner to become skilled in it's operation and knowledgeable about when where and how it's best to use a firearm for self defense. Thanks RottenFlesh for a great post.
To the tards that can't think past their own ass to see the truth and can't be bothered to do a bit of unbiased research... Eat shit and die!
I, the OP.... Thanked mattyd for this part.

"Both sides of the equation obviously work. Sweden and Switzerland are examples where armed civilians isn't a problem. Britain, the Netherlands and Japan are the biggest opponents to ordinary folk bearing arms in my view and their crimes rates are also very low. China also to an extent though I don't know about their regulations."

Looking at both sides.

I am obviously against any restrictions on firearms at all, but it was good to see someone actualy look at the other side instead of insisting that only criminals should have them.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:13 PM
uncleanone
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1610

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss206

fuck that joe arpio fat piece of shit

The Following User Says Thank You to uncleanone For This Useful Post:
rob666
The Following Users Disliked This Post By uncleanone:
johnleeknoefler
Old 09-05-2011, 10:04 PM
utley
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:106
my penis is a giant wrecking ball of twat destruction

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9260

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyD View Post

I mean just look at the stats. The US has 4 times the murder rate of the UK (inclusive of all homicides, not just those relating to guns).
What is the per capita? There are 61
million people living in the UK, while there are over 300 million in the US. Our population is well over 6 times the UK. So of course the murder rates of our country are statistically going to be higher than the UK. Per capita, the UK has higher murder rates than the US.

When you can compare the stats of 2 countries with similar population figures, then one can state a hypothesis.

Old 09-05-2011, 10:29 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:229
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyD View Post
Nah guns will never be part of the lives of ordinary citizens here in the UK. They have a completely different philosophy here which derives, in part, from the development of its social class structure over the years.

The use of guns have always been a relatively elitist activity here (for the gentry and aristocracy), and to be honest I'm glad that there are no guns here.

Also I think that cops shouldn't be given the right to bear arms - just like Judge Dredd you're giving them the power to decide who should live or die. They are human just like anyone else, and thus shouldn't have the power to make that decision. As long as the police do not carry guns, then people and civilians are less likely to; there is no need to. This is the philosophy of most Brits I would imagine.

I mean just look at the stats. The US has 4 times the murder rate of the UK (inclusive of all homicides, not just those relating to guns).

Thing is people can use guns in a petty dispute. Take that gun out of the equation and what would have been an unintentional killer (he saw red and pulled the trigger), now isn't a killer. Yeah you could turn around and say they could grab a knife or any other weapon, but you stand a much better chance of survival than against someone with a gun.

Now looking at those stats again it's not really about guns at all because if here in the UK they don't have guns, many seem to assume then that they instead use other means to commit murder. But that obviously isn't the case.

The gun problem America has relates to its culture. If Sweden and Switzerland are just as willing to arm their citizens as the US (Sweden would be more like Switzerland in my view if not for the EU restrictions), why aren't their overall homicide rates anywhere near as high as the US?

Both sides of the equation obviously work. Sweden and Switzerland are examples where armed civilians isn't a problem. Britain, the Netherlands and Japan are the biggest opponents to ordinary folk bearing arms in my view and their crimes rates are also very low. China also to an extent though I don't know about their regulations.
MattD you are a cute chick but you are also a lyin sack of shit.

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
InfoWarrior
Old 09-06-2011, 08:44 AM
Black Knight
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:210
Male

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4193

Excellent post and couldn't agree more. People kill people not firearms. Firearms in possession of a person trained to handle them is a potential lifesaver for themselves and their families.

Given the close proximity to Mexico and the high number of illegals in Arizona who wouldn't think twice about killing someone for their shoes, it is nice that citizens can and do defend themselves.

I love seeing business owners who are sick of being robbed and threatened turn the tides on the robbers and gun a couple of them down.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:42 AM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:395
Male

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1836

america loves guns, far out .. here in aus its just fuckin chill as, laid back . no one gives a fuck. no one carries guns.

Old 10-31-2011, 05:58 AM
sharky
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5611
male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss26

i have bear arms, and monkey legs.

Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
rob666
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:55

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 8621 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16567

Quote:
Originally Posted by utley View Post
What is the per capita? There are 61
million people living in the UK, while there are over 300 million in the US. Our population is well over 6 times the UK. So of course the murder rates of our country are statistically going to be higher than the UK. Per capita, the UK has higher murder rates than the US.

When you can compare the stats of 2 countries with similar population figures, then one can state a hypothesis.
America has 5x the murder rate of Japan or the UK, and thats per Capita.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Chaoshiw
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2469
male

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss106

Im from Az an i carry all the time. So far this year in my neighborhood 3 people have been killed.