Go Back  

Antonio DeMarco VS Jorge Linares (photos) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 10-16-2011, 11:07 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:230
Male
Contributions: 26

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Antonio DeMarco VS Jorge Linares (photos)

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1azr9JpkI
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Staples Center, Los Angeles - Antonio DeMarco (26-2-1, 19KOs) came from behind to stop former two division champion Jorge Linares (31-2, 20KOs) in the eleventh round to capture the vacant WBC lightweight title. After falling behind on the cards, DeMarco rallied in the eleventh and beat Linares into a bloody mess with both hands. Linares' entire face was a mask of blood with DeMarco unloading his combinations, as the referee jumped in to stop the action.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
demarco-linares01.jpg  

demarco-linares02.jpg  

demarco-linares03.jpg  

demarco-linares04.jpg  

demarco-linares05.jpg  

demarco-linares06.jpg  

demarco-linares07.jpg  

demarco-linares08.jpg  

Old 10-16-2011, 11:18 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Re: Antonio DeMarco VS Jorge Linares (photos)

What I heard during the match was that Demarcos' aunt brought him from a small village to Tijuana and then later turned him out on the streets to fend for himself. He was adopted by a family that owned a boxing gym a block from where I watched this match in Dulce Gabana bar. It's a great bar with multiple screens on every wall. I sat at the bar where the largest screen is. The owner happened to be there watching with me. We really felt that Linares is indeed a more professional fighter but you have to admire the tenacity of Demarco. Toward the end when he finally landed that punch that opened up the bridge of Linares nose you could see his attitude change. He began to believe in himself and believe he could win the match. Then after the second cut the dynamics of the fight began to change more quickly with Demarco landing more and more solid punches and learning to evade the lightning fast punches thrown by Linares. Then right at the last Demarco landed a brilliant combo that reopened the cut on his opponants nose and caused Linares to quickly back up. With seconds remaining in the 11th round Demarco was surprised by the sudden retreat but recovered his initiative and seeing his chance he quickly advanced and delivered a flurry of punches that left Linares bleeding profusely. It really was sad to see Linares so completely beaten that he could not even respond but also wonderful to see someone like Demarcos who came up the hard way from being a homeless street kid to now taking victory. I can only hope Demarco goes on from victory to victory. Of course Linares like a true fighter wants a rematch.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:53 AM
BrownRock
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:940

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss473

Damn. He got fucked up.

Old 10-17-2011, 03:09 AM
BigFoot
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:657

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss834

Is it just me, or is Boxing kind of a joke now that MMA has come around? Not intending to hurt anyone's feelings with that statement, but seriously, it's just not the thing that is the norm to watch if you're into fighting sports.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

IMO it's mma that's become a joke since the death of pride and the UFC buying up and closing down all competitors. The fact you have guys with 3 fights to there name getting world title shots hardly gives the sport legitimacy. Having said that the Hopkins fight was a joke at the weekend

Old 10-17-2011, 08:36 PM
johnleeknoefler
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
IMO it's mma that's become a joke since the death of pride and the UFC buying up and closing down all competitors. The fact you have guys with 3 fights to there name getting world title shots hardly gives the sport legitimacy. Having said that the Hopkins fight was a joke at the weekend
Hopkins fight was a horrid affair. Old weak jail bird up against a young fighter. Going in I just knew it would be quick but I never figured on such a shameful end. Jailbird should of at least fought with some pride and saved the drama for his woman. I doubt he got more than a light bruise.