Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3866
Mona Eltahawy Arrested for Spray Painting Pro Israel Signs in NY Subway

By Rachel Hirshfeld
First Publish: 9/27/2012, 8:34 AM

An Egyptian-American anti-Israel activist was arrested Tuesday for vandalizing a pro-Israel billboard that was posted on New York City’s Times Square subway station, The New York Post reported.

Mona Eltahawy, who has made guest appearances on CNN and MSNBC, reportedly sprayed pink paint on the controversial ad that compares “Jihadists” to “Savages.”

"In any war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man. Support Israel. Defeat Jihad," reads the ad, which has sparked controversy in New York City.

One passerby, Pamela Hall, intervened in an effort to stop the defacement.

“Do you have a right to do this?” demanded Hall, a supporter of Pamela Geller, leader of The American Freedom Defense Initiative (AFDI), the pro-Israel group behind the posters.

“I do actually,” Eltahawy responded, according to The Post. “I think this is freedom of expression, just as this [the ad] is freedom of expression.”

“If you don’t want paint, you should get out of my way,” Eltahawy said as she threatened to spray paint Hall.

According to the report, Hall then poked Eltahawy with her video camera stick, which prompted an enraged Eltahawy to shout expletives.

Shortly thereafter, an NYPD officer and an MTA official arrived at the scene and arrested Elthaway, who was reportedly charged with “criminal mischief, making graffiti and possession of a graffiti instrument” and was held overnight.

Just prior to going on her Times Square mission, Eltahawy tweeted: “Meetings done; pink spray paint time. #ProudSavage.”

Signs in seven of the 10 stations where the ads have been posted were defaced with words including, “racist” and “hate speech,” according to the blog Mondoweiss.net.
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qVw1XRT48iQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qVw1XRT48iQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

As soon as we saw Mona vandalizing public property with spray paint (I was talking the the NY Post news crew) we headed straight to the poster. She was clearly intending to cover the whole poster with paint, so I first asked her why she thought she had a right to do so. She wouldn't stop, so I stepped between her and the poster and it got very busy. Me getting spray painted as well as the poster. I was surprised how long it went on; it took the police so long to get there. When they did. She was arrested for vandalism

The Following User Says Thank You to johnleeknoefler For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 09-30-2012, 10:56 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865
Re: Anti-Islam Ads Going Up in NYC Subways

"i am using free speech" funny how some people only know/use some parts of the law to justify their actions, but end up doing it all wrong.. dumb bitch.

i love how they laugh at her at the end

Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM
thissmallfish
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:934
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss478

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzydusk View Post
Time for someone to put up anti religion ads. I would donate. Death to religion. Christians, Catholics, Jewish, and Muslims alike. They all inspire false hopes and ignorance.
Nothing stopping you from creating such an ad. So long as you keep it factual... you know, religion promotes ignorance, violence, subjugation, bigotry etc.

The trouble is, those rational enough to consider the argument will have already reached the same conclusion. You'd be preaching to the converted if you will.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51364

Quote:
Originally Posted by güttsfükk View Post
the people complaining about this timid sign are probably the ones carrying these signs around.
"Liberalism go to hell" ???

It's liberalism that allows such people into our countries and get away with their offensive protests

They claim they come here for a better life and to flee their regime yet are anti-liberalism? Isn't that a contradiction?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 09-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51364

These signs, hope they balance it out and make anti-[ever other religion] ones too. Why favour and appease only Islam?? THAT is what annoys me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
thissmallfish