Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388
Re: Another Tea Party Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anom Alley View Post
So basically what you're saying is you would rather be uninsured and face bankruptcy?

Glad I'm a Canuck. Sure it's colder up here and we pay more for most things like groceries and goods imported from the States, but the healthcare system is a hell of a lot cheaper. We don't defend bigoted trash under the guise of "free speech" and "Amendments". We call it for what it is: hate speech.
But that healthcare sytem is part of the reason that you pay more for basics like groceries.

What you may not understand about Obamacare is that most people have deductibles so high that all it does is take money out of their pockets for care that they'll never need. And should they need care, many of them have to spend upwards of $12,000 in a year before coverage kicks in. For many, that still amounts to bankruptcy, and the problem is further exacerbated by the fact that the premiums being paid to the insurance company places them in even more dore financial straits.

I used to have a very cheap catastrophic policy that my family paid for. With the passage of Obamacare, my parents can no longer carry me on their policy because of my age, and cheap catastrophic policies can no lomger be offered. So in other words, I'm no uninsured and at a potentoal risk for death or bankruptcy because of the veru policy that your comment supports. And the only reason any of it happened is because of corporate and political greed, and a minority of the population that wants something for nothing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
mrm1109, Ntwadumela, rapeWhistle
Old 05-07-2014, 09:45 AM
winvens
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:125
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 105 Post(s)
Quoted: 4341 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
But that healthcare sytem is part of the reason that you pay more for basics like groceries.

No, that's due to something called "country pricing". Healthcare is covered via income taxes mostly, and it's provincial, not federal. (Strange, but it works.) The national Medical Care Act ensures coverage for anything deemed medically necessary. Filling prescriptions, IVF, anything considered a cosmetic treatment, doctors notes and ambulance service are out-of-pocket generally. We also have private imaging centres as well.

What you may not understand about Obamacare is that most people have deductibles so high that all it does is take money out of their pockets for care that they'll never need. And should they need care, many of them have to spend upwards of $12,000 in a year before coverage kicks in. For many, that still amounts to bankruptcy, and the problem is further exacerbated by the fact that the premiums being paid to the insurance company places them in even more dore financial straits.

I used to have a very cheap catastrophic policy that my family paid for. With the passage of Obamacare, my parents can no longer carry me on their policy because of my age, and cheap catastrophic policies can no lomger be offered. So in other words, I'm no uninsured and at a potentoal risk for death or bankruptcy because of the veru policy that your comment supports. And the only reason any of it happened is because of corporate and political greed, and a minority of the population that wants something for nothing.

I'm very sorry you're uninsured. Socialized medicine should a basic human right. Why isn't there a movement to improve Medicaid then?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Zoomshyne
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3125

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss72

Does anyone know the history of the Tea Party? They were rebellious. They were tired of being taxed to pay the debts of Great Britian. I don't think the Tea Party is so extreme. Have they killed anyone? They are Americans.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:47 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

I'm sure the program could be improved but I think it's a step in the right direction. At the very least, it is nothing like the Holocaust. I'm also sick of people claiming death panels are real.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
winvens