Go Back  

Anonymous Hacked Gov Site, Threatening with Warhead. 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
Old 01-26-2013, 04:55 AM
Macabru
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3031

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss75
Anonymous Hacked Gov Site, Threatening with Warhead.

Citizens of the world,

Anonymous has observed for some time now the trajectory of justice in the United States with growing concern. We have marked the departure of this system from the noble ideals in which it was born and enshrined. We have seen the erosion of due process, the dilution of constitutional rights, the usurpation of the rightful authority of courts by the "discretion" of prosecutors. We have seen how the law is wielded less and less to uphold justice, and more and more to exercise control, authority and power in the interests of oppression or personal gain.

We have been watching, and waiting.

Two weeks ago today, a line was crossed. Two weeks ago today, Aaron Swartz was killed. Killed because he faced an impossible choice. Killed because he was forced into playing a game he could not win -- a twisted and distorted perversion of justice -- a game where the only winning move was not to play.

Anonymous immediately convened an emergency council to discuss our response to this tragedy. After much heavy-hearted discussion, the decision was upheld to engage the United States Department of Justice and its associated executive branches in a game of a similar nature, a game in which the only winning move is not to play.

Last year the Federal Bureau of Investigation revelled in porcine glee at its successful infiltration of certain elements of Anonymous. This infiltration was achieved through the use of the *same tactics which lead to Aaron Swartz' death. It would not have been possible were it not for the power of federal prosecutors to thoroughly destroy the lives of any hacktivists they apprehend through the very real threat of highly disproportionate sentencing.

As a result of the FBI's infiltration and entrapment tactics, several more of our brethren now face similar disproportionate persecution, the balance of their lives hanging on the severely skewed scales of a broken justice system.

We have felt within our hearts a burning rage in reaction to these events, but we have not allowed ourselves to be drawn into a foolish and premature response. We have bidden our time, operating in the shadows, adapting our tactics and honing our abilities. We have allowed the FBI and its masters in government -- both the puppet and the shadow government that controls it -- to believe they had struck a crippling blow to our infrastructure, that they had demoralized us, paralyzed us with paranoia and fear. We have held our tongue and waited.

With Aaron's death we can wait no longer. The time has come to show the United States Department of Justice and its affiliates the true meaning of infiltration. The time has come to give this system a taste of its own medicine. The time has come for them to feel the helplessness and fear that comes with being forced into a game where the odds are stacked against them.

This website was chosen due to the symbolic nature of its purpose -- the federal sentencing guidelines which enable prosecutors to cheat citizens of their constitutionally-guaranteed right to a fair trial, by a jury of their peers -- the federal sentencing guidelines which are in clear violation of the 8th amendment protection against cruel and unusual punishments. This website was also chosen due to the nature of its visitors. It is far from the only government asset we control, and we have exercised such control for quite some time...

There has been a lot of fuss recently in the technological media regarding such operations as Red October, the widespread use of vulnerable browsers and the availability of zero-day exploits for these browsers and their plugins. None of this comes of course as any surprise to us, but it is perhaps good that those within the information security industry are making the extent of these threats more widely understood.

Still there is nothing quite as educational as a well-conducted demonstration...

Through this websites and various others that will remain unnamed, we have been conducting our own infiltration. We did not restrict ourselves like the FBI to one high-profile compromise. We are far more ambitious, and far more capable. Over the last two weeks we have wound down this operation, removed all traces of leakware from the compromised systems, and taken down the injection apparatus used to detect and exploit vulnerable machines.

We have enough fissile material for multiple warheads. Today we are launching the first of these. Operation Last Resort has begun...

Warhead - U S - D O J - L E A - 2013 . A E E 256 is primed and armed. It has been quietly distributed to numerous mirrors over the last few days and is available for download from this website now. We encourage all Anonymous to syndicate this file as widely as possible.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Macabru For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, candymosh, ChemJoe, chiefTbon, dean mclean, Faline, gatagato, MCBR
Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 AM
ChemJoe
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1075
Male

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss376
Re: Anonymous Hacked Gov Site, Threatening with Warhead.

Poor Aaron...

Old 01-26-2013, 05:41 AM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MCBR For This Useful Post:
candymosh, Gh007, pbaj12, shell416, smartyr
Old 01-26-2013, 03:26 PM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

Always makes me cringe when i read stuff about "anonymous". I used to frequent 4chan and the like for a few years.
There is no "council", the point of anonymous is its just millions of like minded people who are good with the internet. The real hackers are the quiet ones who dont bring attention to themselves, dont give interviews on the news or post shit like this. These are just either teenagers or men in their early twenties.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
dean mclean, MCBR, Sharon
Old 01-26-2013, 07:55 PM
cubenesis
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3242

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss67

The warhead is a metaphor, so many people didn't bother reading their message. They are encrypted packages of highly sensitive information that are being held so that anonymous can hold an advantage over the powers that be to try to get them to show some fucking humility. If this isn't a false flag operation, I wonder what sort of impact this will have?

And this incident definitely isn't caused by the actions of script kiddies (I think anyways, this seems much more serious.)

Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 AM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCapn View Post
Always makes me cringe when i read stuff about "anonymous". I used to frequent 4chan and the like for a few years.
There is no "council", the point of anonymous is its just millions of like minded people who are good with the internet. The real hackers are the quiet ones who dont bring attention to themselves, dont give interviews on the news or post shit like this. These are just either teenagers or men in their early twenties.
Yeah. I myself don't care about that as long as anonymous represents me, you, him, her, everyone, the vox populi. And as long as they fight for our freedoms and keep closing pedophile websites, I'm all for them and don't care if they frequented 4chan.