female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927
'American Sniper' Author Chris Kyle Fatally Shot at Texas Gun Range

former Navy SEAL who wrote "American Sniper," a best-selling book about his lethal career as a marksman in Iraq, was shot to death with another man at a gun range near Stephenville, Texas, on Saturday.

Decorated former Navy SEAL marksman Chris Kyle, author of a new book about the super-secret military personnel who are assigned the most-dangerous missions, talks about some of the bloodiest battles of the war in Iraq.

Chris Kyle, 38, and the other man were found dead at the shooting range of Rough Creek Lodge on Saturday afternoon, Texas Highway Patrol spokesman Lonny Haschel told KXAS.

The gunman, identified as Eddie Ray Routh of Lancaster, Texas, was arrested after a brief pursuit, Trooper Haschel said. The other victim was named as Chad Littlefield, aged 35.

Kyle, a Texas native who grew up hunting, served four tours in Iraq with Navy SEAL Team 3. His shooting during battles in Ramadi and Fallujah became legendary, and insurgents nicknamed him the "Devil of Ramadi" and put a bounty on his head.

He was credited with 160 confirmed kills, including one in 2008 in which he said he fired from 2,100 yards away -- 1.2 miles.

The Star-Telegram described him as "America's deadliest sniper."

Haschel said Routh is believed to have shot the victims at around 3:30 p.m. local time (4:30 p.m. ET) before leaving the shooting range and returning to his home in Lancaster in a Ford pickup truck.

The link between Routh and the two victims wasn't immediately clear, Haschel said. The Dallas Morning News reported that Routh was 25 years old and had military training.

Chris Kyle was credited with 160 kills during his time as a Navy SEAL marksman.

Rough Creek Lodge is a resort and conference center about 90 miles southwest of Dallas and 24 miles southeast of Stephenville in the Texas Hill Country. Lancaster is just south of Dallas.

In a February 2012 interview with NBC News, Kyle said he didn’t want to put the number in the book but the publisher insisted.

“If I could figure out the number of people I saved, that’s something I would brag about,” he told NBC News' Lester Holt.

After leaving the Navy, Kyle founded Craft International, which provides training to military, police, corporate and civilian clients, Reuters said.

"It just comes as a shock and it's staggering to think that after all Chris has been through, that this is how he meets his end, because there are so many ways he could have been killed" in Iraq, Scott McEwen, who co-wrote "American Sniper," told Reuters.

Kyle appeared on the NBC reality TV show "Stars Earn Stripes" last year.

Kyle was married with two children.

Thread Contributions

Contributors to this thread: diamondsmiles (118)
5umguy24, AmericanIllusions, diamondsmiles, downunder, gatagato, kellyhound, Pyramid_Head
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: 'American Sniper' Author Chris Kyle Fatally Shot at Texas Gun Range

That is sad. I wonder what brought that on. I mean, ok the guy had PTSD. But why specifically did he think he was shooting Kyle?

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-03-2013, 10:18 AM
HarleyQuinn
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1949
Frau

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss156

Just read this. Such a shame...

Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 AM
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

I just found this out on LL. Thought the guy was trolling or something but its true. This guy went to the middle east and was praised for killing 100s of people as sniper. Whether you agree with that or not, you have to admit that when you live by the gun, you chosen your own fate.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
article-2081430-0F522AC200000578-949_634x705.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
hal0mega, icheerthebull, Pink.
The Following 2 Users Disliked AmericanIllusions For This Post:
basicallyimhawt, K9Grip
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
I just found this out on LL. Thought the guy was trolling or something but its true. This guy went to the middle east and was praised for killing 100s of people as sniper. Whether you agree with that or not, you have to admit that when you live by the gun, you chosen your own fate.
that's not entirely true.. that is mostly said about criminals. who kills someone on a GUN RANGE? most legal place to use a gun..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, K9Grip, Megamel29, summer34
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 PM
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
that's not entirely true.. that is mostly said about criminals. who kills someone on a GUN RANGE? most legal place to use a gun..
The guy took part in the invasion of Iraq which we now KNOW was based on lies which made him an invader. He did the Iraqis no favors or did he?

Are you the type that thinks killing because the govt told you to isn't really killing simply because govt told you? If so that's pretty stupid. This man lived by and made a damn good living solely off the gun. You can't deny that.

What did he expect to happen? He divulged things that should of been kept secret for his own safety on national news for all to see. I know he had plenty enemies but did he know? I guess not. RIP Pat Tillman, a true hero.

The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
summer34
The Following Users Disliked This Post By AmericanIllusions:
goremama
Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
The guy took part in the invasion of Iraq which we now KNOW was based on lies which made him an invader. He did the Iraqis no favors or did he?

Are you the type that thinks killing because the govt told you to isn't really killing simply because govt told you? If so that's pretty stupid. This man lived by and made a damn good living solely off the gun. You can't deny that.

What did he expect to happen? He divulged things that should of been kept secret for his own safety on national news for all to see. I know he had plenty enemies but did he know? I guess not. RIP Pat Tillman, a true hero.
Do you need to make everything personal when you reply to someone on here? For the most part, I agree with you. Now take it easy. Not everyone is your enemy.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
AmericanIllusions, BigFoot, jesuswept, Paupercool1
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

<object width="420" height="245" id="msnbc69a13c" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=10,0,0,0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" /><param name="FlashVars" value="launch=50683384&amp;width=420&amp;height=24 5" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><embed name="msnbc69a13c" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32545640" width="420" height="245" FlashVars="launch=50683384&amp;width=420&amp;heigh t=245" allowscriptaccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 420px;">Visit NBCNews.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.nbcnews.com">breaking news</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">world news</a>, and <a
You beat me to it, Pink! Here is a video.
href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">news about the economy</a></p>

I love snipers! My eyesight sucks!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:49 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss61221

maybe the bounty on his head is still in place and has something to do with it ?

Quote:
The U.S. military confirmed Sunday that Routh was a corporal in the Marines from June 2006 to January 2010.

He was deployed to Iraq in 2007 and Haiti in 2010. His current duty status is listed as reserve.

Attached Images

Old 02-03-2013, 05:40 PM
GoreisGreat
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:776

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss652