Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss225
American Convict Kills Himself in Courtroom in Taiwan

HONG KONG — An American man who had been convicted of growing marijuana in Taiwan killed himself in a courtroom after he was sentenced to a four-year prison term, according to court officials.

The man, Tyrel Martin Marhanka, 41, slashed his throat with a pair of scissors on Thursday, the Changhua District Court said in a written statement. He was rushed to a hospital but could not be saved.

He had been convicted of growing marijuana at his home in Changhua, in central Taiwan, and of importing marijuana and opium poppy seeds. A prison term of up to seven years was possible, but the court gave him a lesser sentence of four years because he had not sold marijuana and was growing it for his own use.

When a court interpreter told Mr. Marhanka the sentence, he replied, “Four years?” The Taipei Times reported, quoting witnesses. He said he did not want to appeal the decision.

“I don’t want to live any more,” he said, before taking out two metal objects, apparently a disassembled pair of scissors, and then cutting his neck, the newspaper reported.

The court said it felt “deep regret” at Mr. Marhanka’s death. An initial investigation found a magazine that he seemed to have used to conceal the scissors. A metal detector apparently did not uncover the scissors when he entered the building. The court said that the building did not have enough space for a more advanced scanner but that it would install X-ray machines in a new building.

Mr. Marahanka was not in detention before the hearing, and did not show any outward indications of suicidal impulses, the court said. Mr. Marhanka had a wife and two children in Taiwan and had lived there for several years. He had worked as an English teacher, but his neighbors said he lost his job after he was charged in the marijuana case, the Central News Agency reported.

His death is likely to raise questions about security standards in Taiwan’s judicial system. Last year, inmates in a prison in southern Taiwan used scissors from a workshop to take guards hostage. They broke into a prison armory to seize firearms, which six of the inmates used to kill themselves, prompting calls for improved oversight

http://nyti.ms/24Vauzn

Click image for larger version

Name:	taipei18n-5-web.jpg
Views:	578
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	691186

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmeroyale For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty, kellyhound, Oswald2001
Old 06-18-2016, 12:54 AM
BadmouthBetty
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:339
I am what I eat

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1388 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2237
Re: American Convict Kills Himself in Courtroom in Taiwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeroyale View Post

HONG KONG — An American man who had been convicted of growing marijuana in Taiwan killed himself in a courtroom after he was sentenced to a four-year prison term, according to court officials.

The man, Tyrel Martin Marhanka, 41, slashed his throat with a pair of scissors on Thursday, the Changhua District Court said in a written statement. He was rushed to a hospital but could not be saved.

He had been convicted of growing marijuana at his home in Changhua, in central Taiwan, and of importing marijuana and opium poppy seeds. A prison term of up to seven years was possible, but the court gave him a lesser sentence of four years because he had not sold marijuana and was growing it for his own use.

When a court interpreter told Mr. Marhanka the sentence, he replied, “Four years?” The Taipei Times reported, quoting witnesses. He said he did not want to appeal the decision.

“I don’t want to live any more,” he said, before taking out two metal objects, apparently a disassembled pair of scissors, and then cutting his neck, the newspaper reported.

The court said it felt “deep regret” at Mr. Marhanka’s death. An initial investigation found a magazine that he seemed to have used to conceal the scissors. A metal detector apparently did not uncover the scissors when he entered the building. The court said that the building did not have enough space for a more advanced scanner but that it would install X-ray machines in a new building.

Mr. Marahanka was not in detention before the hearing, and did not show any outward indications of suicidal impulses, the court said. Mr. Marhanka had a wife and two children in Taiwan and had lived there for several years. He had worked as an English teacher, but his neighbors said he lost his job after he was charged in the marijuana case, the Central News Agency reported.

His death is likely to raise questions about security standards in Taiwan’s judicial system. Last year, inmates in a prison in southern Taiwan used scissors from a workshop to take guards hostage. They broke into a prison armory to seize firearms, which six of the inmates used to kill themselves, prompting calls for improved oversight

http://nyti.ms/24Vauzn
Dayum.

Crazy that the Stanford rapist got 6 months and this guy got 4 years?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BadmouthBetty For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, Cancun78, goremama, kellyhound, lozzy_ash, SteFinch81, TheFallOfTroyML
Old 06-18-2016, 07:34 AM
TheFallOfTroyML
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:471
Male
Contributions: 107

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1358

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadmouthBetty View Post
Dayum.

Crazy that the Stanford rapist got 6 months and this guy got 4 years?
those asians are known for having very heavy laws when it comes to drugs

dont buy/sell drugs in any asian country, unless you want a bullet to the head or a long sentence

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TheFallOfTroyML For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty, deathcraze, hal0mega, kellyhound, rob666
Old 06-18-2016, 01:21 PM
mmeroyale
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1524
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss225

4 years and he didn't even sell it. Crazy indeed. But like. In a weird way I kinda understand him. Imagine those prisons. Eesh

The Following User Says Thank You to mmeroyale For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty
Old 06-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

A tad drastic for a 4 year sentence....

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, BadmouthBetty, kellyhound, valroadie
Old 06-19-2016, 02:33 AM
SLAPAPPY
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:442
100% Alpha Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1475

SEE.... MARIJUANA KILLS!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SLAPAPPY For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty, carolivy, hal0mega, mmeroyale, Oswald2001
Old 06-19-2016, 04:53 PM
mmeroyale
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss225

Old 06-19-2016, 08:15 PM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

What a drama queen.

greeneyedmonster
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Azimuth:
lovelylucinda
Old 06-20-2016, 09:34 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1759 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61202

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeroyale View Post
some other newspaper wrote:
Quote:
arhanka was arrested in April 2015 after police discovered a large stash of illegal drugs at a rented house which he lived in.

The drugs included hundreds of growing cannabis plants, 195 dried cannabis plants and 10 opium poppies.

He told police the plants were a “hobby” that he intended to use on his own and that he had no intention to sell them.

Medics who rushed Marhanka to the local hospital said the victim’s neck had 12cm and 7cm lacerations on the left and right sides respectively.

He was still conscious when they arrived at the hospital, but died about 30 minutes later.
hundreds of plants ain't no hobby and he lived there for over 15 years so he should have known better but he took the selfish way out leaving his wife and kids behind alone.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Tyrel%20Martin%20Marhanka1.jpg  

Tyrel%20Martin%20Marhanka.jpg  

Old 06-20-2016, 10:29 AM
mmeroyale
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
3/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss225

He died a coward GoT style too.

Also like nobody thought it was weird the convict do attatched to whatever roll of magazines or newspapers he had to conceal the scissors?
And where did he get such sharp scissors?

This reminds me i need mine at my home sharpened