Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484
Re: Amanda Knox New Trial

Thanks to a decree called "Svuota carceri" (Empty jails) also many other criminals will be set free or semi-free. And guess what? Anna Maria Franzoni, a woman who had killed his three-year-old son Samuele with a HAMMER, was firstly sentenced to 30 years, then reduced to 16 and she's now free to leave her cell every day (after serving only ten years) , for going to work: now that it's hard-to-impossible to find a job in Italy, the govt. spends our tax money to help some of the worst criminals in the Country to find a job, to study at the university (for free, while if you are honest you must pay crazy sums of money) etcetera. All those who have been sentenced to less than 18 month in prison are now free, but since for every 6 month served in prison the time to be spent in jail will be reduced of 75 days, many others will be set free or semi-free, all this to save the asses of some/many corrupt politicians. If Meredith's parents will hate Italy for this slap in their faces, I would perfectly understand them. So many foreign criminals come to Italy because they know darn well that here they won't pay for their crimes, and that the hard work of cops and judges is almost useless. This news came out almost unnoticed as we are used to news like this, it's considered standard news: a Country doing these things just can't pretend to be taken seriously by the other Countries, if you behave like a clown of course the people will lol at you.

The Following User Says Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
K9Grip
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Cthulhu
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:315

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2447

I don't envy anyone who lives in Italy right now. I have a friend from Naples who is leaving the country for good, as soon as she is able.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cthulhu For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
I don't envy anyone who lives in Italy right now. I have a friend from Naples who is leaving the country for good, as soon as she is able.
Good luck to your friend, i hope she'll find something in Europe so it will be easier for her to come back every now and then. It is MUCH sad to leave your Country because you have no options, I've spent almost the half of my life in foreign countries and the pain that i've felt sometimes is hard to describe. Now, if you love Italy, don't come to visit it because your heart would bleed, mine is bleeding on daily basis and honestly i feel like a foreigner in my own Country.
I've never done anything illegal (or, better, I've never been caught, which technically is the same) BUT i have LESS rights than any convicted criminal: seriously, tell me if this makes sense to you.
Italy has a legal framework which has always beeen strongly geared toward the defence of civil liberties, BUT a Country cannot abdicate its responsibility to protect society from dangerous offenders in the name of the politically correct, the name of a bastard who committed a violent crime should be at the very end of the list of those deserving help, but they're always at the top of the list: so now those who have committed crimes have a future, the honests must wait for their turn, (which will never come). Immigrants are the 35% of the Jail/Prison population, the cost of a cheap inmate to Italy is around 170/180 €., but some inmates can cost to taxpayers almost four times more.
And now we have even a Minister for Integration (integration of illegal immigrants, of course). Imported from Congo. She arrived in Italy as an illegal immigrant in 1983, and now she's a minister who spends as much money possible to defend the rights of those who should be considered outlawed by default, here, and they virtually steal room to those who rightfully would like to ask for political asylum to the Country: now, THOSE are welcome and should be welcomed anywhere; but the rights of those (even of those who will arrive in 2015, 2016, 2017 etc) will come before mines, regardless WHO they are.
I WASTE the 60% of what i raise to pay taxes, and these people not only don't know what an
1Euro coin looks like, right after they arrive they are PAID daily for doing nothing until they can move to some other Country etc, always @ the govt . expenses. With all the honest people that i know, who desperately are trying to find a job, (even just half a job, something that can help them and their families to survive) , this makes me want to puke.