Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Amanda Knox New Trial

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...on-seem-likely

Amanda Knox's trial date is inching closer and closer -- and officials with the Italian High Court haven't expressed any sentiment toward the accused murderer that indicate a smooth road ahead. She faces a likely re-conviction, and it would be suiting, since the appeal that freed her has been deemed flawed -- with a 70+ page report explaining exactly why Knoxy and Raff should have never been freed from prison.
Even though there is pretty much no evidence of her innocence, and nothing but circumstantial and physical evidence of her guilt, her fans and supporters continue to blog about how she has been "railroaded," but do they have even the slightest acknowledgement for the murder victim in this case?
The Italian High Court has made it clear that they believe she helped in the murder of Meredith Kercher -- and even Judge Helllmann, the judge who freed her, admits that she is only "legally" innocent, and may not be "actually" innocent of wrongdoing. Still, her fan club ignores this.
Evidence against Miss Knox:
She first claimed to not be at the apartment the night Meredith was murdered, but then changed the story to directly accuse an innocent man of murdering the coed.
She was reportedly spotted at a store in the early morning hours before the police were alerted to Meredith's body -- accused of buying bleach.
She reportedly showered in the apartment after discovering an unsettling amount of blood, before police were aware of Meredith's body. It's odd that this would be her first action after noticing an apparent break in and potential crime, isn't it?
Amanda appeared to stage her "attempt" at contacting Meredith by calling her English phone, knowing that she used her other phone in Italy. After she is told to try contacting the woman (when telling their other roommate about the blood and apparent "break in") She finally calls both phones, but neither calls last even long enough to listen to Meredith's voicemail.
Both Amanda and Raffaele couldn't get their stories to match up during the investigation.
Amanda lied to police and told them that Meredith always kept her door locked -- when it was the contrary.
Raffaele Sollecito knew that nothing had been stolen from Meredith's bedroom before police were even able to enter it.
Amanda knew details behind Meredith's murder (such as where some of the wounds on her body were) and shared them with friends, even though the details hadn't been released and Meredith's body was found covered with a blanket.
A homeless man saw Amanda and Raff in a "heated argument" at the flat where Meredith's body was found at around 11:00 p.m., the night she was reportedly murdered.
A knife was found in Raff's possession with Meredith Kercher's DNA on one end (the blade) and Knox's DNA on the handle. The knife was scrubbed with bleach and had only trace amounts of DNA.
There is plenty of other evidence, but it's perfectly clear that Amanda Knox's appeal was flawed, and the Italian High Court has made the right decision by trying her in court again. So it's confusing to see pro-Knox reporters and bloggers whitewash the evidence against her, and completely ignore most of it, to fit their narratives!

What do you think? Is she guilty?

Edit: Forgot to add picture.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
knox.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 08-17-2013, 01:17 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: Amanda Knox New Trial

guilty or not she should not be convicted. the investigation and the manner the police collected evidence was a joke. The copper who lead the investigation is a 'nut' with a long history of blaiming crimes on 'the occult'. Again Im not saying she is innocent but in my opinion the shoddy evidence didn't warrent a trial in the first place. We will never know what happened to the poor girl and the blame for that falls squarely at the feet of the incompetent police force and a corrupt judical system

America is just the country that shows how all the written guarantees in the world for freedom are no protection against tyranny and oppression of the worst kind. There the politician has come to be looked upon as the very scum of society - Peter Kropotkin
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to icheerthebull For This Useful Post:
gatagato, lshimmy, Megamel29, Pigeon, SouthrnHunnix420
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
guilty or not she should not be convicted. the investigation and the manner the police collected evidence was a joke. The copper who lead the investigation is a 'nut' with a long history of blaiming crimes on 'the occult'. Again Im not saying she is innocent but in my opinion the shoddy evidence didn't warrent a trial in the first place. We will never know what happened to the poor girl and the blame for that falls squarely at the feet of the incompetent police force and a corrupt judical system
I agree. I don't know if Knox is guilty or not but you are right about the investigation being improperly handled. And apparently in Italy they have a habit of blaming, charging and convicting multiple people for the same crime. Just look at the Monster of Florence case. They convicted four men at different times for those murders.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, SouthrnHunnix420
Old 01-03-2014, 12:23 AM
LilCurious
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:6214

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22

I don't think she's guilty, but I do think she was (and perhaps still is) an insensitive bitch.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
ak74
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:884

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

italian prisons have the best prison food in the world,,

The Following User Says Thank You to ak74 For This Useful Post:
gatagato
Old 01-05-2014, 01:00 PM
Agapeti
Offline:
Poster Rank:687
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss776

They need to leave her alone. Guilty or not, she was tried and released.

Old 01-30-2014, 10:56 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/30/world/...ial/index.html

Amanda Knox found guilty of murder again by Italian court

An Italian appeals court convicted former exchange student Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito on murder charges Thursday night.

Prosecutors said the couple had killed Meredith Kercher in November 2007. They were convicted two years later of murder, but those charges were overturned on appeal in 2011.

A judge said Thursday that Knox, also convicted of slander, was sentenced to 28 1/2 years in prison. Sollecito's sentence was 25 years.

Knox, an American, said her conviction would bring no consolation to the Kercher's family

"I am frightened and saddened by this unjust verdict," she said in written remarks. "Having been found innocent before, I expected better from the Italian justice system. The evidence and accusatory theory do not justify a verdict of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. ...There has always been a marked lack of evidence."

She called the legal proceedings a travesty.

"This has gotten out of hand. Most troubling is that it was entirely preventable," she said. "I beseech those with the knowledge and authority to address and remediate the problems that worked to pervert the course of justice and waste the valuable resources of the system."

It is unlikely that Knox, who lives in Seattle, Washington, will return to Italy to serve additional prison time because U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, a legal expert told CNN. He believes that if Italy were to ask for extradition, U.S. officials would deny the request.

"She was once put in jeopardy and later acquitted," said Sean Casey, a former prosecutor who is now a partner at Kobre & Kim in New York. "Under the treaty, extradition should not be granted."

Presiding judge Alessandro Nencini has 90 days to write his arguments behind the jury's ruling. Once that is out, lawyers have 90 days to appeal.

Kercher, 21, of Great Britain, was found partially nude in a pool of blood in the house she shared with Knox in the picturesque town of Perugia, where both women were exchange students.

Knox has said she is afraid to return to Italy, where she spent four years behind bars.

"I will become ... a fugitive," she told Italian daily La Repubblica this month, when asked what she would do if she was found guilty in the second trial.

Italy's Supreme Court in March overturned the pair's acquittals, saying that the jury did not consider all the evidence and that discrepancies in testimony needed to be answered.

The case was sent to a retrial in Florence.

Dressed in a purple sweater with sunglasses nestled on his collar, Sollecito made it to the tribunal for the morning session and was expected to return for the verdict, but his attorney, Luca Maori, said that his Italian client would not be coming back to court.

Amanda Knox retrial verdict: Six things to know

Ruling unclear

The retrial began in September, refocusing international attention on the case that grabbed headlines in Italy, Britain and the United States -- but neither Knox nor Sollecito were present in court.

It has renewed questions about the effectiveness of Italy's justice system, given widespread doubts over the handling of the investigation and key pieces of evidence.

Both Knox and Sollecito have maintained their innocence.

Timeline: Kercher murder case

'Fugitive'

Knox, 26, and Sollecito, 29, were convicted in 2009 of killing Kercher, who was found with more than 40 stab wounds and a deep gash in her throat.

Prosecutors say she was held down and stabbed after she rejected attempts by Knox, Sollecito and another man, Ivory Coast-born Rudy Guede, to involve her in a sex game. Guede is the only person in jail for the murder, and many aspects of the crime still remain unexplained.

Speaking on Thursday, Knox's defense team asked for an acquittal.

Knox has always denied murdering Kercher and has maintained she is not guilty in a written statement to the Florence court.

"I must repeat to you. I'm innocent. I did not rape, I did not steal ... I did not kill Meredith," Knox said in a lengthy e-mail presented by her lawyer to the court in December.

Sollecito was in the Dominican Republic at the start of the retrial but returned to Italy.

In November, he took to the stand to make a spontaneous declaration, saying the charges against him were "absurd."

"For me, it's a nightmare that goes beyond imagination," he said of what he's been through.

'No one remembers Meredith'

The case has dragged on for more than six years, frustrating attempts by Kercher's family to discover the truth about her death. The three trials have done little to clear up mysteries surrounding the details of the murder.

"They are tired of this long trial and they want justice," Francesci Maresca, attorney for the Kercher family, said.

The Kercher family welcomed the retrial ruling, Maresca said in March, adding they believed the ruling that acquitted Knox and Sollecito was "superficial and unbalanced."

They believe more than one person was in the room when Kercher was killed, he said.

"No one remembers Meredith, while the two defendants write books, speak to the media and earn money," Maresca told the court in closing remarks last month.

Ferguson advocates for Knox

One person who has been advocating for Knox is Ryan Ferguson -- the Missouri man who walked free last November after being imprisoned for nearly a decade. He was wrongly convicted of murdering a newspaper editor, and a state appeals court overturned his conviction.

"We kind of had this connection in the sense that we've been through this justice system ... It's relatively the same. We've been through this, and there's not a whole lot of people" who've had the same experience, he told CNN's "New Day."

"So it's cool and we can kind of just talk to each other. She wanted to reach out and say if you need to talk to anybody, if you need any help, I'm here for you. If not, I completely understand. So that's how we began communicating."

Asked about Knox' current state of mind, he said she's staying positive.

"She seems to be doing very well. I'm impressed with her. It's so daunting at this time," he said. "Within 48 hours she should know her fate. You can't start living life until they actually clear you and until you're free essentially. So I'm amazed how she's doing. She's working hard on school and continuing life the best she can. She believes the courts are going to do the right thing based on the facts. I agree."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, icheerthebull, K9Grip
Old 01-31-2014, 05:39 AM
ak74
Offline:
Poster Rank:884

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss524

Alitalia flight on horizon (god they have miserable flight crew)

Old 01-31-2014, 05:45 AM
gatagato
Offline:
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss5490

Quote:
It is unlikely that Knox, who lives in Seattle, Washington, will return to Italy to serve additional prison time because U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge, a legal expert told CNN. He believes that if Italy were to ask for extradition, U.S. officials would deny the request.

"She was once put in jeopardy and later acquitted," said Sean Casey, a former prosecutor who is now a partner at Kobre & Kim in New York. "Under the treaty, extradition should not be granted."
This legal expert doesn't know what he's talking about:
1st: "U.S. law dictates that a person cannot be tried twice on the same charge". True, but unfortunately, this didn't happen in the U.S.

2nd:"Under the treaty, extradition should not be granted." False: "Under the treaty, extradition should be granted."

United States will have little legal argument for turning down an extradition request should Italy seek her return, however, they may decide to keep her in prison in the US: at that point, Italy would have no legal grounds nor reasons to take position against it: what U.S. won't do for sure is to turn down an extradition request, unless they want to violate the treaty.

Quote:
"As popular as she is here and as pretty as she is here -- because that's what this is all about, if she was not an attractive woman we wouldn't have the group love-in -- she will be extradited if it's upheld."
Alan Dershowitz, Harvard law Professor .
Also hard to believe that it can be solved diplomatically, given that the United States demands more extraditions than any other nation in the world.

Now, regarding the trial, as i said many times some evidences (also important ones) were handled in the worst way possible, many investigators involved made mistakes, and in general they all behaved like noobs: this (these) trial(s) is shameful for the Italian judicial system, it's unacceptable that the SAME proofs are considered irrelevant by one Appeal Court and damning evidences by the Supreme Court.
However, all the mess played in her favour, not against her, since many evidences against her were excluded by the Court(s), so she's the last one entitled to complain.

Amanda Knox tried to send an innocent man behind the bars for life, to save her ass: she admitted to be at the crime scene at the time of the murder (as she had no choice), and once she was cornered, she didn't exitate to blame the poor Lumumba. If it wasn't for the testimony of a Swiss Professor of university, Mr Lumumba would likely be rotting in a 3x2 cell right now, if they had believed Amanda Knox.
Quote:
"I can't remember how long they were together in the bedroom but the only thing I can say is that at a certain point I remember hearing Meredith's screams and I covered my ears. "
and
"i knew what was going on".
WHO else but one of the murderers would falsely state that? WHO?

Also something that really hurts me is that almost everybody looks to be concerned about the fate of Amanda Knox, often if not always forgetting that there's a VICTIM in this story:
Click image for larger version

Name:	meredith_kercher.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	138.2 KB
ID:	511703
Her name was Meredith, she was british, she was 21 years old and she came to Italy for study purposes: she really loved my country, but here she died of a horrific death.
The trials and counter-trials have been a torture also for her relatives, you know: all they ask to Italy is justice, and that's the very least Italy MUST give to them at every cost.

Or are the italian judges supposed to acquit her in the name of the good relationships between Italy and U.S., or because she's nice-looking, or because there are many fan clubs and websites dedicated to her, then go to this couple
Click image for larger version

Name:	07_meredith_kercher_familiari_ansa.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	511704
and say to them
"Eh, we had to acquit her because blah blah blah, sorry for wasting your time, but there's no room for justice in this Country for you, here's your ticket to England"?

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
BBKF, bigjoe, downunder, icheerthebull, K9Grip, Megamel29, TwistedSisterr
Old 01-31-2014, 06:15 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

gatagato, as far as I know there is no concrete evidence pointing to Knox. Let me know if there is. The police did a horrible job protecting the crime scene. As for Knox pointing the finger at someone else, how long was she interrogated for at that point? Did she have legal counsel?

I definitely feel bad for Meredith and her family. It's awful enough to have a loved one murdered but to have so many questions would be maddening.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, K9Grip, lshimmy