Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21645 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40931
Re: Alligator Grabs Toddler, Drags Him into Lagoon at Disney Hotel, Police Say

I'd give my left nut for video of this incident.

Where are all the HD security cams when you need them?!

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
dcaccount22, uloveme
Old 06-22-2016, 04:28 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Disney had signs with giant red international pictures of "do not enter" (you know, the red circle with the white line through it) and no swimming.

We have a freaking college team named after gators. Jokes the world over abound about Florida and gators (like on Roseanne when they say they're going to Florida's happiest place on Earth and Dan says "We're going to GatorWorld!"). You'd have to live under a damn rock to not know there are gators in Florida. Those bitches get in our pools, eating through screens. Disney can sweep as much as they want (and they do) but those bastards go where they want. They travel, especially during mating season.

Gator attacks are extremely rare and in the water, typically only do so when threatened - such as directly hit or their nest is being trampled on. The fact we have 100m visitors a year who have no problems staying away from the damn things speaks volumes. Hell, half the golf courses around here have famed gators that just toddle along pond to pond and everyone leaves them alone and the gator leaves golfers alone - but they aren't dumb enough to jump in the water with one either.

Anyone who is dumb enough to go "well, they didn't tell them WHY they shouldn't be swimming" is a fucking Darwin candidate. Do you need every single reason why a rule is a rule before listening? What kind of entitled asshat do you have to be, to say "well, sure, I saw the sign but I didn't think it applied to ME". If you see "no swimming", do you think "oh, that means no going into the water up to... my armpits?" or do you say, well, I was just doggie paddling, that's not doing the breaststroke, so it's not swimming! Or does a rational person go "there's a reason for not going in the water, I should listen". What possible explanation can someone fucking give where "no swimming" would apply, where not going into the water doesn't? It doesn't say "no splashing". There aren't little beasties who will leave you along as long as you don't take a stroke...

Hell, we put neon LED signs at beach entrances warning of rip currents along with pop up signs all down the beach, but there are still morons who go out into the water, drag their kids out there, then say "but but but, I didn't know rip currents meant like, this close to the beach and stuff".

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
HelloNurse!, Karma
Old 06-22-2016, 09:41 PM
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:209
roneluv

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4221

I think a suit by the family is coming. I mean if there is a potential risk at disney world shouldn't it be eliminated completely? Is a no swimming sign enough to warn visitors or does there need to be clear barriers that prevent access as well as do not trespass signs? Yes I can see disney doing some renovating...

Old 06-22-2016, 10:02 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoottokill View Post
I think a suit by the family is coming. I mean if there is a potential risk at disney world shouldn't it be eliminated completely? Is a no swimming sign enough to warn visitors or does there need to be clear barriers that prevent access as well as do not trespass signs? Yes I can see disney doing some renovating...
That sign has been enough for decades since that beach area was public. You cannot, ever, eliminate this risk in Florida. Period. Multiple resorts with ponds onsite tell you not to go in the water (some "don't enter", some "beware gators", others "no swimming"). Disney regularly trapped and swept their waters for gators, but they migrate, especially during mating season and this Lagoon area is a giant natural lake, they built up the beach area and a few feet of sand into the water, but the rest is natural. Ask the homeowners who have them in their pools, after they've dug under fences then chewed through screens.

Just like this idiot mom who insists that her ignoring signs is just proof that what happened was innocent, like other parents posting their kids in the water (many who don't realize that in their photos, the signs are clearly visible), who think that the parents aren't to blame. They are. Does it suck? Yes! But it was avoidable. Like a hot car death - cars don't have giant stickers all over that say "DEATH TRAP WHEN IT'S HOT OUTSIDE". Does a parent mean for their kid to die? No. But you do bonehead things with your kids, their risk is greater than mine of losing a child.

And yes, Disney has already renovated. Because all the literature and pictures in the world hasn't stopped this one self-entitled family, they did this...

And if you'll notice, they added a no feeding sign. For all the asshats taking wildlife and "posing" with it - like the poor dolphin who died for selfies - these morons feed the wildlife around here and get all shocked when they act like they aren't cute puppies.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
0622-grand-floridian-beach-getty-4.jpg  

Seven%20Seas%20Lagoon.jpg  

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
An_Empty_Memory, Karma, mmeroyale, uloveme
Old 06-23-2016, 12:11 AM
icehole
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1098

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss361

poor kid

Old 06-24-2016, 04:37 PM
Nyckname
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:703

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 17/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss751

Doesn't seem like the new ultra-realistic Captain Hook attraction is very popular.

Old 06-24-2016, 08:06 PM
uloveme
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1244
Male

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss302

LOL I live in Florida, Gators ain't nothing here, I mean that gator's aren't anything to freak about, hell I play with em sometimes. I'll be out in a lake and just see them, ain't nothing scary lol some people freak out, I try to hook them with my fishing pole for fun (sometimes it happens on accident) and because their scale like fins are so hard, when you get a hook stuck, its TRULY stuck... so you don't have a ton of options, if the gator is small enough you can pull it towards you and maybe unhook it, honestly they are quite stupid so you can play with them, sometimes beat it with a bobber from a fishing line, sometimes they'll try to eat it lol I always made my girlfriend laugh so hard playing with them, so NO gators aren't anything to normally take too seriously, I suspect that this gator which wasn't nothing to terribly serious, either got hungry, or got used to people and got hungry but normally its not the people they get used to, its the noise, so either way it just hungry and that was it for the poor kiddo, but normally there isn't anything to even honestly worry about gators, hell there are 4 billion more reasons to be afraid of the things you CAN'T see, whether than the things you CAN, such as snakes (water moccosin anyone?) spiders (brown recluse, ever seen the bite pics?) OR the usual Scorpion all of which gives me more problems than ANY gator, BTW see those Boa's and other reticulated pythons we have here? cause I can show you some of my own photo's of how big a problem they are, try having a ten foot ALBINO boa (or some other kinda huge snake) drop down from a tree near you, cause I had that happen to me and it was quite creepy, so yeah gators are nothing serious in the grand scheme of things down here

Old 06-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Sis.HellesBelle
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:341
Fatale

Quoted: 540 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2218

This was awful.
My family and I were at Disneyworld during this. We stayed at the resort next to theirs.
All our friends and family called us to make sure it wasn't our son that got taken.

death...?quick and painless? fuck i hope not, how memorable would that be?
Old 06-26-2016, 06:08 PM
indybob
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:533
male

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1144