Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655
Re: AL JAZEERA Ups Its Access to Viewers in USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
I have never seen them show a beheading but TBH why shouldnt they? why the media try to soften the reality of conflict is beyond me. People need to wake up to reality and stop paying attention to 'reality TV'. Everyones open minded when it comes to 'big brother' and 'Im 12 years old and pregnant'!! take your soma and forget whats going on in the world (and who's making a fuckton of money from it) seems to be the mantra of the day
The Arabic arm of AJ showed beheadings of American hostages, you do know that right?

Why do you think the Bush administration bombed them on several occasions?

You want people to see beheadings carried out by murderers with so-called political goals that include the annihilation of every white person on earth?

Please dont try and push that sort of crap my way, there is a big deal when you see someone getting beheaded by murderous Jihadis, it promotes violence and says "hey, if you do this you become famous!"

I also at your comparisons between reality TV and terrorist violence shown on mass news networks.

Thats like saying an apple is a toy car, where the hell did this comparison come from?

The Following Users Disliked This Post By ices:
AmericanIllusions
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63926

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
The Arabic arm of AJ showed beheadings of American hostages, you do know that right?

You want people to see beheadings carried out by murderers with so-called political goals that include the annihilation of every white person on earth?

Please dont try and push that sort of crap my way, there is a big deal when you see someone getting beheaded by murderous Jihadis, it promotes violence and says "hey, if you do this you become famous!"

I also at your comparisons between reality TV and terrorist violence shown on mass news networks.

Thats like saying an apple is a toy car, where the hell did this comparison come from?
I agree with most,...almost all, of w hat you are saying.

However, I do see ONE small purpose in them showing carnage. The US citizens have a rose-coloured view of the worldd and dont get it. this happens, and until WE are made painully aware, we are going to be apathetic and even more lacadassical than we already are. america, at least needs to wake up. Whether that is the case in the UK, I can not be sure. I understand that Engand has allowed things that are now leading to a Muslim problem.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 AM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:

AJ showed an actual beheading, so did FOX here in USA. Why didn't Bush bomb them? And speaking of bombing, what kind of fascist shit is that? You don't like what a country is broadcasting (truth maybe) so you bomb them. Yeah, Ok

Old 01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
yknotme
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2234
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss126

Thanks alot Al Gore!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
icheerthebull
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:290
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802

Quote:
T

Please re-read what I posted, I just did and I really dont see how what I said could be misconstrued but then again I have had a long day

Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
This message is hidden because AmericanIllusions is on your ignore list

Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
I agree with most,...almost all, of w hat you are saying.

However, I do see ONE small purpose in them showing carnage. The US citizens have a rose-coloured view of the worldd and dont get it. this happens, and until WE are made painully aware, we are going to be apathetic and even more lacadassical than we already are. america, at least needs to wake up. Whether that is the case in the UK, I can not be sure. I understand that Engand has allowed things that are now leading to a Muslim problem.
There is a difference in showing dead bodies or carnage from weaponry than showing a recorded political statement based on racial extermination.

One hapless, bound individual or several people being murdered by Jihadis with knives should not be shown on national television.

The source of the video should be hunted down and taken care of by the secret services.