Go Back  

After Ferguson Shootings, How Do Police Proceed Without Fear? 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 05-13-2015, 10:18 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21632 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40896
Re: After Ferguson Shootings, How Do Police Proceed Without Fear?

You seem to have a lot of anger directed at white folks.

Maybe you need to go steal some cigars and try to tackle a cop.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Old 05-15-2015, 01:34 AM
mattmanes
Offline:
UBBER BANNED
Poster Rank:415
male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1712

Hahahha, this is great! I dont get what the fear is of black guys from white guys. Im a white cop in nj and i can say i seriously have never given it a thought when it comes to fighting blacks or whites.. i think thats bull shit. Ill fight a black guy just as fast as white guy.
As for the original post... Ive been on the job for 8 years and 3 months. There has been a deffinate, pronounced and noticeable change since 2007 in policing. Unfortunately, there have been dozens of officers that have been killed by bad guys, when deadly force was obviously justified. This, in my opinion is going to be life threatening and detrimental for officer safety for those, who are just getting hired and who will be getting hired. Officers are simply, too afraid of messing up to escalte the force, or ed the force, when they are completely justified.

For instance, lets say I pull a guy over, and he has a warrant. I go to lock that gent, up. But the bad guy doesnt want to go to jail. Well as an officer, you cant walk away. So when he starts to resist, im going to punch him, (or her, in rare unavoidable cases). This, is completely legal and well with in an officers rights to do. No lets say he continues to resist, i have an array of tools to use. My last resort, and the farthest thing from my mind is my pistol. Especially if it is during a good ol fashion fair fight. No, if bad guy escalates the force, then i have a legal right to go one step hire. He hits kicks me, i can go to my spray or batton. He pulls a knife, i pull a gun. Simple as that.

Todays new officers, and officers to come have their work cut out for them. And it makes me sad as i think there will be more and more officer deaths because the officer is afraid of messing up.

Now, people as a whole, in my opinion forget a few things while arm chair quarterbacking police "use of force" issues. Ask yourselves this, how many car stops does an offocer make in his shift where a gun is involved? How many fist fights does a cop go through where a gun is involved? And how many domestics are there guns involved?

The answer is all the time in every interaction. The officers gun is always present. Vombine this, with all the rampant anti law enforcement sentiment these days..... well its got us all on edge.

When i began my carreer, i got into a fist fight, on one of my first nights on my own. The guy (who happened to be black) ended up trying to disarm me. Now, in nj, a prudent person can assume the only reason to dissarm an officer is to kill him or.innocents, correct? That situation is automatically deadly force authorized. So i was well with in my rights to shoot this young man, and kill him. Fortunately, i was able to shater hus elbow(thank you USMC!) and safely take this young man into custody, ALIVE.

This is the type of situation that i feel is over looked and doesnt get the noteriety it should. I can say for myself, i have never gone to work, saying to myself "im gonna shoot someone tonight". I do however go to work in the mindset, im going home safely tonight and see my family. Small numbers of people in my opinion see cops and essentially think they have no right to defend ourselves and go home safely. Thats terrible to think about..
Dont get me wring, there ARE BAD, EVIL PEOPLE THAT WHERE A BADGE... no doubt. But i like to think that for the most part, cops are good, and take joy in helping people and cathing bad guys, as i do.

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Nephilim View Post
After a thread is derailed, good luck getting it back. You have better luck finding a unicorn riding your dick.
Threads are like zombies. Sometimes they come back from the dead[/QUOTE]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mattmanes For This Useful Post:
Illusion, martyl63
Old 05-18-2015, 04:59 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
I agree. Although I don't use that word at all, because no matter how fucked up a black person is. Calling them a n just makes me feel like I'm a fucked up person.

We need a new word that describes mindless, self destructive, inconsiderate, trash that covers those who think heart is being a complete idiot.

I can't stand it when someone says "he's got heart". What the fuck does that even mean?
Well, we started using thug, but that's racist now too.

The problem can really be summed up by one logic.

Every word meant to describe the people you listed, gets listed as "racist" every 2 or 3 years. It gets listed racist by a single faction and its apologists.

The words change, the "insulted" don't. So what needs to change next?

Old 05-18-2015, 05:53 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:963
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanes View Post
Ask yourselves this, how many car stops does an offocer make in his shift where a gun is involved? How many fist fights does a cop go through where a gun is involved? And how many domestics are there guns involved
I actually did some raw figures on this, because there was so much hyperbole from each side of the argument without regards to facts. One side says "unarmed black man gets killed" - but neglects to mention, that arms doesn't just include guns. In many police death situations, the people have lunged at officers with a knife. With people fucked up and strung out (or sadly, in the case of mental illness), typical tools don't take them down. Tasers rarely affect those on drugs or mentally ill. Batons can work, but are somewhat a problem in unequal force against other weapons and there is a risk of losing it to the other person.

Anywho, that said - based on the size of the US' police force with arrest authorization, and the rough estimate of 7 different interactions per shift, per employee, I got an (again, rough, each stat to get here has a range) estimate of 20 million police interactions in this country BEFORE a killing happens via DoJ statistics.

Now, that's just killings in general, not to decipher justified or not.

When you break these numbers down by census data, it gets even sadder in that places like Ferguson - the arrested individual is often armed with some sort of weapon - which makes the cops hyperaware and leads to higher rates of "mistakes" or Monday Morning Quarterbacking. When you have to assume that half your upcoming stops for the day have a high likelihood of harming you, you don't take chances to wait and find out who it is, you show strong words and force from the start, which to the culture that perpetuates this crap is "disrespect" or some other bullshit about how a cops words made them so mad they attacked. Ferguson has a high rate of resisting arrest rap sheets.

You'll have the same morons quoting the Killed By Police site to refute that, despite the fact that KBP specifically notes it's ALL officers (with and without arrest capacity), both on-duty and off, negligent AND valid. For example, they listed the Tsarnev brother on there. Obviously, that was justified. In 2015, the first listing is a cop who was on rounds who ran over a man on New Years... he didn't see him. The man was laying down in the road, passed out drunk. Another includes an elderly man who pulled out in front of a cop on patrol and was T-boned by the cop.

They included an incident from my area yesterday, in which a teen ambushed a pair of cops (thankfully, he sucked at it - he got one in the leg and missed the other entirely). He ran home to his Mama's house, then got in a shootout with cops and they killed him.

But to see the "OMG ALL POLICE SUCKZ" crowd, they'll see the number count and go "see, see, police shoot people too much!".

Everyone in that argument also typically tends to scream about police "militarization", but ignores how many bullets are FIRED at police and how that militarization has saved their lives. More people in places with stats like Ferguson are shooting at cops - it just so happens the cops have better armor, reinforced vehicles that are parked strategically to protect them AND bystanders and so on. Their use of this stuff has reduced civilian casualties in episodes like yesterday - when they had to move on that stupid kid before they could clear neighboring houses.

The reality is that there are some parts of the US that are worse than the Wild West. Look at the biker shootout. Even with police presence, they still proceeded to start shooting and stabbing each other. As police had the area contained, people were STILL showing up to get into the fray.

Old 05-18-2015, 06:04 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

"Thug" is not a term meaning black criminals.

It is used for bully, male criminals of all skin tones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
niknik, rapeWhistle
Old 05-18-2015, 06:31 PM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
"Thug" is not a term meaning black criminals.

It is used for bully, male criminals of all skin tones.
It's not you're right. But just watch as it becomes just that. At least that's what the perception will become.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmanes View Post
For instance, lets say I pull a guy over, and he has a warrant. I go to lock that gent, up. But the bad guy doesnt want to go to jail. Well as an officer, you cant walk away. So when he starts to resist, im going to punch him, (or her, in rare unavoidable cases). This, is completely legal and well with in an officers rights to do. No lets say he continues to resist, i have an array of tools to use. My last resort, and the farthest thing from my mind is my pistol. Especially if it is during a good ol fashion fair fight. No, if bad guy escalates the force, then i have a legal right to go one step hire. He hits kicks me, i can go to my spray or batton. He pulls a knife, i pull a gun. Simple as that.

Do you even grapple, bro?

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
rob666
Old 05-20-2015, 02:41 PM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
You seem to have a lot of anger directed at white folks.

Maybe you need to go steal some cigars and try to tackle a cop.

Half of my family is white, rapewhistle.

I love teasing sheltered Caucasians though, but no harm intended.

The Following User Says Thank You to curvature For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
The Following Users Disliked This Post By curvature:
cortdb