Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss406
Re: Affluenza Defense Saves Wealthy Teen from 20 Years Behind Bars

Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
I don't get this part. What was the alternative if no treatment program would accept him? Substitute jail for rehab or does he just get off then? Why was it a sigh of relief that no treatment program would take him?

I don't think people should be able to get out of prison sentences just because they can buy their way into pricey rehabs.
EXACTLY!!! That's why it infuriates me! It's either "Jail," or a "Club Med Vacation" where the "treatment nurses" bring you your dope on a silver platter, and the program gets to "decide" who they take (i.e. if you got the bucks, they magically "decide" to take you.)

But only if the judge allows it.

If you read about this Judge, she was one of those, "Oh, they're all good boys. It's not really their fault," types.

To me it smells like she was on a kickback deal with the "treatment facilities." The attorneys, too.

Society could eliminate this if we just said, "You're responsible for your actions. Period. We couldn't care less how good or bad your parents were, how hard your upbringing was, how poor you were, etc."

The Following User Says Thank You to facing_reality For This Useful Post: