Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss48
Re: Actor Paul Walker Killed in Car Crash

If I ever hear of an autopsy report hitting the web, I'll be on the case looking for it. I'll let you know, if someone else doesn't first....when I know.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Cliffhanger
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3952
Male

Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss48

Just found this on TMZ: (Emphasis is mine)

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/05/paul-w...mage-not-human

Paul Walker did NOT make a final desperate attempt to escape the burning wreckage -- and the image seen in video shot right after the crash is definitely NOT Paul ... TMZ has learned.

There had been rampant speculation and buzz on the Internet that a shadowy figure seen around 23 seconds into the video of the burning Porsche Carrera GT ... was Walker trying to get out of the vehicle, but sources connected to the investigation now say it just isn't so ... for several reasons.

First, the sources tell us that, based on photographs of the wreckage ... Paul's body was pinned in an area of the car that makes it clear he couldn't have been flailing outside the vehicle.

Also ...we're told that based on the injuries he suffered, Paul died within a nanosecond of impact, and therefore it's impossible for the image in the video to be him.

It's not clear how long after impact the video starts, but clearly more than a nanosecond.

As for what the image really is -- we're told law enforcement has watched the video, and based on evidence from the crash site ... it appears to be a part of the car's roof burning.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cliffhanger For This Useful Post:
hckr_wolf
Old 12-06-2013, 02:16 PM
zuzusmom
Offline:
Poster Rank:10187
female

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Didn't the witnesses say they couldn't get the seat belt undone? How could he flail around like that if he was belted? Could the fire burn through the harness that fast?

Old 12-06-2013, 02:41 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzusmom View Post
Didn't the witnesses say they couldn't get the seat belt undone? How could he flail around like that if he was belted?
I just answered that question about 15 posts above yours :/
Cliffhangers post explains the rest

Old 12-06-2013, 02:55 PM
zuzusmom
Offline:
Poster Rank:10187
female

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss8

Sorry Invertigo. I posted it just before I read your post

The Following User Says Thank You to zuzusmom For This Useful Post:
invertigo
Old 12-06-2013, 04:02 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

It happens. There are a lot of pages in this thread, so it's easy to get mixed up sometimes

Old 12-06-2013, 05:08 PM
ices
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:240
Male

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3660

Anyone who thinks a man can walk out of that instant crash-burn carnage is a fucking loon out for attention.

The car is physically wrapped around an object and it exploded on impact. You dont come out of that.,

Old 12-06-2013, 06:01 PM
Avanti
Offline:
Poster Rank:5793

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
From my limited understanding, the Carrera doesn't come with a cage like some of the other speed demon cars either. You might as well be driving a tin car. All the money it's worth is the name and the engine... and just about nothing else. From what I read, the car also has no traction control. IMO, it's a pointless, useless car when it comes to not modifying it on your own. No cage, about 120hp less than a NASCAR, no cage, no stability addons... and the top was off... which weakens the car considerably. I'm sure he was speeding but I'm not convinced it was a high rate yet.

This is from the 2003 model of a review back then but also gives some clue on how the fire happened.

"The GT's crankshaft spins just 3.9 inches above its carbon-fiber floor. This is made possible by the engine's dry-sump oiling system and that small-diameter clutch. The six-speed transmission actually sits lower in the car than the differential.

Only a fool, or a select few automotive writers, would explore the handling limits of this thing on public roads"

Here is a video with photos of crashes of varying Porsches. I'm sure a few were speeding but it's clear to see how easy it is to just shatter these car, even with static tops.
It has a carbon fiber monocoque, which in strenght is equal or stronger than a roll cage. Downsides with this particular one is side impact protusion through the door, otherwise it's strong as hell. The fact that it has a removable hardtop instead of a permanent roof doesn't make much difference to the stiffness of the monocoque. It does however give you a little less protection from things getting inside the cockpit, as with the doors. Google "naked carrera gt" and you"ll see it all :)

These cars shatter, as you call it, quite easily but that is because a lot of the material of the actual body is often made of very thin aluminium or carbon fiber. The shattering of body parts also take away energy from the crash, which you obviously want.

A lot of people are saying that the car is dangerous but it's more of a problem not being responsible in your actions. All cars are dangerous if driven the wrong way and it doesn't matter that Rodas was an experienced racing driver, racing drivers still make mistakes and misjudgments. But we shouldn't talk about the crash happening because of a mistake of the driver, it could be as simple as a sheared bolt in the suspension. We'll just have to wait and see.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Avanti For This Useful Post:
bob351, whoreofbabalon
Old 12-06-2013, 09:35 PM
Davinche14
Offline:
Poster Rank:4398

Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin View Post
It wasn't the tree that split the car. If you look back a little you'll see a light post with a speed limit sign on it, they hit that sideways.
Looking at the second video, where you see the tree n lamppost being felled.. It reminds me of a saying my dad uses. "It's not how fast you crash, it's how fast you stop that kills you". The tree in my pic, whilst almost sapling sized, was enough to bring the car to an abrupt halt. Makes me think it did more damage than most think!

Old 12-07-2013, 05:06 PM
Cliffhanger
Offline:
Poster Rank:3952
Male

Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss48

Just read here ( http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...over-his-death ) that "police say their car was travelling at 110mph when it hit a tree and then caught fire."