Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458
Re: Actor Paul Walker Killed in Car Crash

So in short, Rodas was the only one killed by the impact (I would say having your legs ripped off is probably the killer). Walker was alive when the car caught fire - conscious we don't know, but alive. Without the fire, he might have lived with some injuries or loss of a limb. I gather given his body placement, he wasn't conscious or he might have been able to at least attempt to move at all. To me, this solidifies the "red" body I drew earlier was Walker's. It was (aside from the possible arm) pretty much intact and the most severely burned.

The Following User Says Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
Kelseecat65
Old 12-04-2013, 03:11 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:962
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Quote:
Originally Posted by flangemanager View Post
@ RealityUnfolding

I understand what you are saying, in fact a few years ago I crashed a fibre glass and carbon bodied sports car at 40mph and the damage that resulted was devastating.
The GT in this case had been track used in the past and was, from what I gather, fitted with an enclosed safe fuel cell. Although offering a decreased liklehood of fuel loss resulting from impact damage, they are not infallible and can become ruptured following a direct high speed impact. The fact that the car exploded leads me to believe that the speed they were travelling was at least 50mph over the assigned limit.
Enclosed fuel cells aren't infallible either. If for example, the impact (or the assumed mechanical issue that led to leaking flammable fluids) hit the fuel cell, it can still break at lower speeds since the cells have several "weak" (relative) spots. Given it's location on the car and what hit the pole and the additional longer time to catch fire, my thoughts are a small fire from secondary fluid and it caught on to a small leak, even a small puncture hole from a piece of the car itself. Two reasons make me think the cell may be intact but was broke open. The looooong, slow burn of the fire after initial flare up. No secondary explosion or flame burst. Since the seats are carbon, a lot of what is seen in the amateur shot is going to be the interior of the car. The color of the smoke also lends to the fire being started by something other than gas first.

Kelseecat65
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 PM
AutopsyTechGirl
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:9556
F

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss9

Half an hour apart

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
image.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to AutopsyTechGirl For This Useful Post:
Pyramid_Head
Old 12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Okay, so... we've got the video on the front page. TMZ reports that some people (how has no one in this thread seen it first, including me to bring for questions?!?)... 20 seconds in and on, there is some dark shadowy flailing.

I present several seconds, frame by frame. You decide if it's Paul or not... I left the play button in there from the DR so as to leave a frame of reference compared to the video.

1.png  

2.png  

3.png  

4.png  

5.png  

6.png  

7.png  

8.png  

9.png  

10.png  

11.png  

12.png  

13.png  

Old 12-04-2013, 10:35 PM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

A gif made from the above images.

output_rQhwgW.gif  

Pigeon
Old 12-05-2013, 04:53 AM
Cliffhanger
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:3953
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 15/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssssss48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityUnfolding View Post
A gif made from the above images.
Very interesting. I'm kinda 50/50 on it. I believe that the moving flames could make it appear as if there's movement from within them. I hope that's the case. I like to view this kinda stuff as much as anyone on these sites, but I don't get off on suffering.

Great contributions to many of you all in this thread.

Edited to add: I'm leaning toward my being right, or it being dark portions of the flame. What we could really use is someone with Adobe After Effects or an equivalent doing the stabilizing-on-a-fixed-point thing. It would help anyway.

I just have trouble believing that: 1) He'd be conscious, and 2) He would be conscious enough to flail around that much, on fire or not.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cliffhanger For This Useful Post:
okidoll, RealityUnfolding
Old 12-05-2013, 07:07 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

When human bodies are exposed to direct, continuous flame (like that of a fiery death Porsche) the muscles of the body begin to contract and curl in on themselves. It can often create an illusion that the corpse in question is moving voluntarily and thus alive and conscious. Unless Walker was screaming for help at some point, my bet would be on Cliffhanger's theory

Azimuth, BBKF, hckr_wolf, Kelseecat65, okidoll
Old 12-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
Very interesting. I'm kinda 50/50 on it. I believe that the moving flames could make it appear as if there's movement from within them. I hope that's the case. I like to view this kinda stuff as much as anyone on these sites, but I don't get off on suffrage.

Great contributions to many of you all in this thread.

Edited to add: I'm leaning toward my being right, or it being dark portions of the flame. What we could really use is someone with Adobe After Effects or an equivalent doing the stabilizing-on-a-fixed-point thing. It would help anyway.

I just have trouble believing that: 1) He'd be conscious, and 2) He would be conscious enough to flail around that much, on fire or not.
hate to be the dick, but you don't get off on the right to vote?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
Cliffhanger, Pigeon, whoreofbabalon
Old 12-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Azimuth
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:33
Woman

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 3618 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23376

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Suicide by Porsche.

He knew full well what driving like a maniac would eventually cause.

Passenger or not.
Exactly, plus I'm sure between the two of them, they knew everything about that car - including how dangerous it was and the fact that it should have been on a clean, smooth track.

Also. Do any of you look at any other sites but this one? There are pictures all over of the pole and tree that were flattened by the Porsche. It came to rest against the little tree that's still standing, that tree did not cause all that damage, I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure driving like a douche bag in that particular car, hitting a huge metal pole did.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:07 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffhanger View Post
... I'm kinda 50/50 on it. I believe that the moving flames could make it appear as if there's movement from within them...

...What we could really use is someone with Adobe After Effects or an equivalent doing the stabilizing-on-a-fixed-point thing. It would help anyway.
I'm 50/50 myself. I can't decide. I do see the shadow, it does move - but is it soot? Is it the top of the passenger seat looking through the fire before melting? Too many variables. I can do a lot in Adobe but only with photo editing or Premiere. I'd like to see someone come in and do that. The video was moving around so much and a few frames were caught when the cam was on the way up or down - hard enough to just keep it on the car for photo cutting.

Cliffhanger