male

Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11213 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 9/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss23600
Re: 93-year-old Nazi Charged with Accessory to 300,000 Murders

The general public or average person slightly interested in the subject doesn't want every single little detail, they want a nice abbreviated picturesque black and white story not the billion shades of grey and tedious amount of contradictions, bullshit and complexity that is every aspect of actual history.

Also there is too many details for everyone to know everything, you have some people who spend ten years at school working towards a doctorate specializing on one tiny part of ww2.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
30564U, GG57, winvens
Old 09-23-2014, 03:05 AM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4578 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11718

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob351 View Post
Well thats not true at all, maybe at the highschool or common knowledge that floats around but actual historians and scholars are constantly going over the details and facts not just abbreviated t.v documentaries or w.e

Most just dont hear about it because they are not historians and dont know where to find the historians work.

There is massive debate over everything, almost everything a historian does is splitting hairs, dissecting other historians work in historiography, trying to find new shit from primary sources, and causing a fuss trying to prove this and that through this and that evidence. Its basically all that goes on in academia.
I tend to avoid anything American published when looking up any type of history. American publishers skew just about everything before putting it in the faces of the general public, trying to prevent any upsets (so I assume)- Which blows, because keeping some things hidden prolongs much unnecessary resentments among people, in many subjects.

30564U, bob351, Pigeon
Old 09-23-2014, 07:03 PM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by niknik View Post
Actually i think he hid and blended in with other German prisoners of war. And during his initial interrogations he claimed no involvement in Auschwitz.
You say the survivors should be paid. Shouldn't the ones responsible also pay? No matter how long ago it was? After all what happened there is the worst thing to ever happen anywhere ever.
They say he worked at the trains gathering and basically guarding the belongings. Which meant he told the Jews to leave their things with him so they would be safe until they returned. Knowing that right in front of him the prisoners were being separated into groups. People healthy enough to work and healthy women to rape in one group. And all sick, elderly, and children in another group. The group with the children was taken immediately to the crematorium and murdered.
First off...I think that when you've had seventy plus years to investigate, make a case, and prosecute the crime...you've had enough time. Hating to be crude, but scheisse or get off the pot. You're going to look really stupid trying to convict a 90+ year old Nazi for a crime that happened before anyone in the courtroom was born...a jury of a 90 year old's peers? Ya, dats going to happen. Second, I feel strongly that Germany should pay retributions. The people of Germany elected and then allowed the Austrian nutcase to lead them for all those years...they knew (or reasonably should have known) what was happening. You can't convict every dumbass German alive during WWII nor can you convict descendants, but sure you as Hell can make everyone pay monetarily for what happened. And make those who take reparations sign something that they'll now shut up and move on. Third, I don't think that the Holocaust was the worst thing that has ever happened. I certainly think it's in the top ten worst things to ever befall humanity and I think it has to be the most organized mass murder of human beings in the history of humanity.

Old 09-29-2014, 02:29 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by GG57 View Post
My late husband was German, born and raised, and his father fought for the Germans in WW2. I have heard lots of stories and I can say that the Germans of his generation are still very much mentally traumatized by WW2. They are still in a mental mode that they should keep to themselves to a certain extent.

My father-in-law, if he were living would be 94, one year older than the man they have arrested. He was a driver for the army and was at Stalingrad and never had anything to do with the camps, but there was still tremendous guilt. He had no choice in whether he joined the army or not just as, I am sure, this old gentleman had no choice.

Most of them, and I know there were some that gladly participated in the atrocities, just reported for duty and did what they were told. Just like every other soldier in every other country. I think it is very, very wrong to go after these old men. They were younger than my son is now when this all happened. Time does not heal all wounds but time should be taken into account when some of these prosecutions are considered.

These people have often gone through their own personal hell and, at 93 years of age, I am sure that what was witnessed by them has been punishment enough.

I also think that, while it is unpopular in certain groups, that the Jewish community needs to rethink some of their ideas. Of course, people like Mengele, Göring, Himmler, etc., should have been held accountable for thinking up and carrying out their horrible plans, but I am appalled by some of the things that people like Elie Wiesel have said. Things like that even the grandchildren of Germans that were in WW2 should be punished. That is absolutely ridiculous and, if it were carried out, would include my son, who was born 42 years after the War and in a different country,
GG57, Please PM me, when you have the chance.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By diamondsmiles:
rapeWhistle
Old 09-29-2014, 05:43 AM
spudigitti
Offline:
His Royal Highness
Poster Rank:70
male

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4726 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
19/20 5/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss13379

I bet he's sorry he lived so long...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spudigitti For This Useful Post:
30564U, Oswald2001
Old 09-29-2014, 07:42 AM
Oswald2001
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:99

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2766 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss10542

Germany will suffer this stigma for at least 10,000 years.

Thanks Unkie Adolph.

Thanks a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Oswald2001 For This Useful Post:
30564U
Old 09-29-2014, 11:38 AM
niknik
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:68
Conservative OG

Mentioned: 249 Post(s)
Quoted: 6772 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss13675

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30564U View Post
First off...I think that when you've had seventy plus years to investigate, make a case, and prosecute the crime...you've had enough time. Hating to be crude, but scheisse or get off the pot. You're going to look really stupid trying to convict a 90+ year old Nazi for a crime that happened before anyone in the courtroom was born...a jury of a 90 year old's peers? Ya, dats going to happen. Second, I feel strongly that Germany should pay retributions. The people of Germany elected and then allowed the Austrian nutcase to lead them for all those years...they knew (or reasonably should have known) what was happening. You can't convict every dumbass German alive during WWII nor can you convict descendants, but sure you as Hell can make everyone pay monetarily for what happened. And make those who take reparations sign something that they'll now shut up and move on. Third, I don't think that the Holocaust was the worst thing that has ever happened. I certainly think it's in the top ten worst things to ever befall humanity and I think it has to be the most organized mass murder of human beings in the history of humanity.
I don't think going after this guy represents them going after every German. This guy has publicly said he contributed at Auschwitz. Even speaking in a documentary called Auschwitz the final solution. He should be easily convicted.
Everyone is entitled to a opinion. But it baffles me how you can say this is a top ten in the worst offenses against humanity. Sure there's many other horrible events. The Romans massacred the Jews at a time as well. But nothing reaching the scale of nazi Germany.

Also there's still people alive today who were there. Are you suggesting they take a check and sign a gag order? If you were taken to Auschwitz and your entire family friends and anyone you ever knew was killed there. Would you think that's acceptable?

The Following User Says Thank You to niknik For This Useful Post:
bob351
Old 09-29-2014, 09:41 PM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 481 Post(s)
Quoted: 21624 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
16/20 13/20
Today Posts
7/11 ssss40881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswald2001 View Post
Germany will suffer this stigma for at least 10,000 years.

Thanks Unkie Adolph.

Thanks a lot.
Yeah, seems like in every other war in recorded history, prior to WWII, there was genocide... and even DURING WWII Stalin killed far more of his own people; that's rarely even discussed, as well as Japan's atrocities against China and most of southeast asia... speakin of asia... Genghis Kahn ring a bell? Pol Pot??
I guess they were the last major superpower to get caught with their hand in the cookie jar - so to speak - and now they get to be the politically correct 'bad guys' in the movies.
Kinda how the US will be forever synonymous with slavery, just because we got in on the tail end of it being fashionable and had a Civil War because of it.
Every other major country at the time had slaves too... or, at least, benefited from slavery in an indirect way.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
30564U, TheVrist
Old 10-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Bleeed.exe
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Contributions: 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3473

Is Germany due to sign a trade deal with Israel or something? Smacks of jew appeasement.

Old 10-04-2014, 02:52 AM
30564U
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:298
Comrade

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1152 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2668

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
GG57, Please PM me, when you have the chance.
Holy shit...Diamond was Hitler's secret podiatrist. The Odessa knows everything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 30564U For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001, rapeWhistle