Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524
Re: 8 Year Old Girl Pulled Out of Christian School For Her Tomboy Haircut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideoutbodies View Post
i hate religion know why? we all started to give a little bit of a shit
i think everyone needs to smoke one big peace "joint" and start fucking getting along or die
Sadly, it seems most governments are for the dying!

I hate how many innocent babies die.

Old 03-29-2014, 04:06 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedSisterr View Post

ya, im stickin to the fact its nobodys business what I have between my legs.
poor kid, she just needs to be a KID. Some of the adults are the immature ones here.
There are some parents who refuse to release the gender of their babies. They want them to choose who they want to be.

Remember the character, Pat, on Saturday Night Live?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-29-2014, 04:25 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

yeah i know..... i guess it just irritates me. Im a believer in past lives etc... so I dont think its a choice. I think its beyond that and this isnt the place to express it i have so figured out

The Following User Says Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-30-2014, 01:44 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730

We had an appearance standards code at school as well. It covered uniform, school bag, hair length, jewelry, and accessories. The rules were enforced and no one had an issue with it. Not these days though, god forbid that a school have an appearance standards code. Oh the humanity!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blewvane For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-05-2014, 03:19 PM
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2330
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss119

The big issue is the parents are to blame. My mother used to encourage me to keep my hair short because she didn't want to sit down with me and help me style my hair, which is putting forth effort. When I was ten, I was tall and I had curves and I was somewhat plus size. My mom didn't want to make the effort to get me nice feminine clothing or pay the money because she was a penny pincher from hell. She would talk about taking me to get some new clothes but instead would give me garbage bags of clothing from our baby sitter who wore them in the 1980s and early 1990s, where everything was androgynous and you couldn't really tell if the clothes were meant for males or females. and here it was 2001 and new trends were out like crazy. Needless to say, I didn't argue and I just did what I was told because I was trying to be a good and subordinate kid, but I was relentlessly picked on at school because of it. People say that kids don't care and kids don't judge, but that is a croc of shit. If I wasn't made fun of for my hair, I was made fun of for my severely outdated clothes. Kids are judgmental and cruel, and horrible and it's their parents that teach them and influence them to behave that way because they see their parents talking to someone and treating someone a certain way. And it's always the common bs excuse, "I taught my kids not to let people push them around..." Well the problem is, nobody is pushing them around. THEY are the ones pushing others around and it's bs. A lot of crap like this stems from insecurities of other individuals and those insecure individuals need to realize and learn that teaching your children to be cruel bullies is not the way to be doing it. People don't realize the psychological torment others go through when they are picked on. I know it sounds like a sob story but when I was relentlessly picked on, I developed a strong sense of self loathing and that is what triggered my drug problems to begin with because I hated myself. And I hated myself because these kids reminded me everyday of how awful and unattractive I looked. Stuff like that does impact you even later on when you are a grown adult because your self esteem and confidence is a very important part in your life to getting somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to Foreverewalkalone For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 07-05-2014, 07:52 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

DUPLICATE POST! Please disregard!

See below.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:55 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverewalkalone View Post
The big issue is the parents are to blame. My mother used to encourage me to keep my hair short because she didn't want to sit down with me and help me style my hair, which is putting forth effort. When I was ten, I was tall and I had curves and I was somewhat plus size. My mom didn't want to make the effort to get me nice feminine clothing or pay the money because she was a penny pincher from hell. She would talk about taking me to get some new clothes but instead would give me garbage bags of clothing from our baby sitter who wore them in the 1980s and early 1990s, where everything was androgynous and you couldn't really tell if the clothes were meant for males or females. and here it was 2001 and new trends were out like crazy. Needless to say, I didn't argue and I just did what I was told because I was trying to be a good and subordinate kid, but I was relentlessly picked on at school because of it. People say that kids don't care and kids don't judge, but that is a croc of shit. If I wasn't made fun of for my hair, I was made fun of for my severely outdated clothes. Kids are judgmental and cruel, and horrible and it's their parents that teach them and influence them to behave that way because they see their parents talking to someone and treating someone a certain way. And it's always the common bs excuse, "I taught my kids not to let people push them around..." Well the problem is, nobody is pushing them around. THEY are the ones pushing others around and it's bs. A lot of crap like this stems from insecurities of other individuals and those insecure individuals need to realize and learn that teaching your children to be cruel bullies is not the way to be doing it. People don't realize the psychological torment others go through when they are picked on. I know it sounds like a sob story but when I was relentlessly picked on, I developed a strong sense of self loathing and that is what triggered my drug problems to begin with because I hated myself. And I hated myself because these kids reminded me everyday of how awful and unattractive I looked. Stuff like that does impact you even later on when you are a grown adult because your self esteem and confidence is a very important part in your life to getting somewhere.
Welcome to our big, mostly happy, dysfunctional family, Foreverewalkalone! Some put the, "fun," in dysfunctional.

I am sorry to hear you had to go through all that crap in school.

I hope all is well now.

I loved getting pixie haircuts as a young child. I had a shapeless, thin body.

I'm old school and no one really bullied in school. Most issues were between a couple of people.

We had our friends and if people didn't talk to us, so be it.

Kids now are bullies very young due to the lack of parenting. It makes me sick and sad that an 8 year old commits suicide because someone made a comment or didn't like something about him or her.

As we get older, we learn that everyone isn't going to like us. Fuck 'em!

As a child, it is a hard thing to deal with. I finally saw the bully from last year a couple of days before the end of this semester!

Not all that and had the hair I am glad I don't have, but, we get what we get.

It is based on the insecurities and jealousy of others, as most things are.

I am nice to everyone until given a reason not to do so. Life really is too short.

Parents need to teach their children better, if at all. Some expect schools to handle it. Schools aren't babysitters and our public school system in the US sucks!

I went to concerts in the 70's and 80's and had no idea what sex some people were, and it didn't matter to me. I had no idea the makeup, high hair and heels could have anything to do with sexuality. I thought it was a British band thing, and the guys looked great!

I've been to drag shows and told the guys they made better women than me some nights.

I was wondering if Bob/Jen wore his fake nails to work as a shoe salesman, not whether his lower body was male or female. It never occurred to me.

I made the mistake with a woman at a KFC recently. She has a very short haircut and from the back, I called her, "Sir."

I then apologized when I heard her voice and found out her name and shook her hand. There was an issue with my food not being ready and she was the manager.

She said it was the hair and I agreed. :)

She had her last name on her name tag. I asked a cashier her name and she said she didn't know.

Second time at the same place, lol! I called a young female, "sir," once then saw her name tag and apologized when I saw her outside and told her I don't judge.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Foreverewalkalone
Old 07-05-2014, 08:18 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
We had an appearance standards code at school as well. It covered uniform, school bag, hair length, jewelry, and accessories. The rules were enforced and no one had an issue with it. Not these days though, god forbid that a school have an appearance standards code. Oh the humanity!!!
I like the idea of uniforms only for the fact that there is no trying to outdo each other.

They can, however, where any kind of shoes, except sandals, (for safety on the steps), or snow boots, (since the older kids bring cellphones).

Fridays, they are a little looser and can wear different shirts or colors, other then the uniform colors.

On the rare occasion the sports teams are doing well, they can wear the team colors on a certain day.

I do not like that the school is kindergarten through 12th grade. I've seen bullies in the school yard and I get involved.