Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526
8 Year Old Girl Pulled Out of Christian School For Her Tomboy Haircut

Sunnie Kahle is like lots of other young girls. She likes to run around outside. She loves her grandparents. She has a big, warm smile.

But, unlike most 8 year old girls, Sunnie has had to endure humiliation at the hands of her educators.

Her grandparents have pulled her out of the private Timberlake Christian School in Lynchburg, Virginia. This happened after they received a letter that made it clear their adopted child was no longer welcome.

The letter criticized Sunnie for confusing the other students about her gender identity, and went on to imply that the child was sexually immoral. The school referenced Bible versions they interpreted to affirm Christianity’s opposition to homosexuality and alternative gender identities.

"We believe that unless Sunnie, as well as her family, clearly understand that God has made her female and her dress and behavior need to follow suit with her God-ordained identity, that Timberlake Christian School is not the best place for her future education,” the letter from school administrator, Becky Bowman reads.

Sunnie keeps her hair short and likes wearing sporty clothing, which seems like good old fashioned common sense for a kid who likes going outside. But, her preference for a close crop has made her ostracized at her school.

"She cries every morning to get on the bus, she cries when she comes home because she wants to go back to Timberlake Christian with her friends," her grandmother, Doris Thompson, told the local news. Sunnie now attends public school.

Sunnie isn’t the only little kid getting kicked around by school officials that favor dress codes more than common sense and compassion: a little girl who shaved her head to support her friend with cancer was suspended from her Colorado school, although the decision was reversed after the incident garnered viral support through social media.

Here’s hoping something similar can happen in Sunnie’s case.

These religious fanatics piss me off royally! They'll take people off the street and feed, shelter and clothe them, but, raise Hell over the way a child cuts her hair or dresses!

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
sunnie.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
FunkPumpkin, Illusion, K9Grip, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-25-2014, 06:19 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601
Re: 8 Year Old Girl Pulled Out of Christian School For Her Tomboy Haircut

people dont believe in god because they believe in shit like that..... mormons- going to hell if you drink coffee.... pentacostal- your going to hell if you wear pants and cut your hair and your female.... catholic- your going to hell for using birth control.....
idiots. God doesnt judge, neither should we, its all about perception
they will figure it out when they get there and have to answer for their shit

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
Da1, diamondsmiles, MadCore, Paupercool1, winvens
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM
Arista
Offline:
Madame of DR
Poster Rank:129
Female

Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Quoted: 5912 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7700

No kid should be kicked out of a school for appearance. However, if that is a picture of the girl then the parents could at least try to make an effort to make her look like a girl. My kids would think she is a boy, I myself would too because it looks like it. There's several "short cropped" hair cuts that are flattering for girls and "sporty" can be done in a feminine fashion as well. I don't think any girl would want to look like a boy (like she does) unless she truely has a gender issue. (Which is here nor there relating to the dress code.) These parents could take some responsibility on why other kids are confused about the gender of their child. (Still not okay to kick a child out over.) my niece is a tomboy- but you can tell she is a girl.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arista For This Useful Post:
ButcheredatBirth, diamondsmiles, JustifiableHomicide
Old 03-25-2014, 07:44 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

who cares what everyone thinks? THATS the problem, its NOT anyones business, its superficial shit where society wants vanity.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Paupercool1, winvens
Old 03-25-2014, 07:46 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Children have to be taught prejudice.

If you tell a child another child is a boy or girl, that is that. They don't question it.

I think it's awful children are punished for being different and not looking like everyone else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
Arista
Offline:
Madame of DR
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7700

It's parents being lazy and not wanting to dress their kids properly. People DO care and kids sure as hell care about appearances. To say "no one should care how you look" and send them out the door looking like the picture above then it's shitty lazy parents who don't care if their kid gets picked on. She's lucky she was in a Christian school- the public school kids are probably not being as accepting if she is crying everyday. I'm saying- they can let her have her own personal style but they could try to put forth a tiny but of effort as well.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arista View Post
No kid should be kicked out of a school for appearance. However, if that is a picture of the girl then the parents could at least try to make an effort to make her look like a girl. My kids would think she is a boy, I myself would too because it looks like it. There's several "short cropped" hair cuts that are flattering for girls and "sporty" can be done in a feminine fashion as well. I don't think any girl would want to look like a boy (like she does) unless she truely has a gender issue. (Which is here nor there relating to the dress code.) These parents could take some responsibility on why other kids are confused about the gender of their child. (Still not okay to kick a child out over.) my niece is a tomboy- but you can tell she is a girl.

They showed the girl running around, not what she looks like in school.

I am trying to find the video that aired on our local news to see if they showed her in school.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Arista
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arista View Post
It's parents being lazy and not wanting to dress their kids properly. People DO care and kids sure as hell care about appearances. To say "no one should care how you look" and send them out the door looking like the picture above then it's shitty lazy parents who don't care if their kid gets picked on. She's lucky she was in a Christian school- the public school kids are probably not being as accepting if she is crying everyday. I'm saying- they can let her have her own personal style but they could try to put forth a tiny but of effort as well.
Other children don't care. It's all about the parents.

My niece, who will be 10 in July, likes African American hair, "because they can make cool hair styles." They are accepting of others until parents ruin them.

She recently cut her hair to donate to Locks of Love.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
MadCore, Paupercool1, TwistedSisterr, winvens
Old 03-25-2014, 07:51 PM
Arista
Offline:
Madame of DR
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7700

That might be a better representation of how she normally looks.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:52 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
Tenacious Bigmouth

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

and you dont punish a child because they have lazy parents or because maybe the parents arent as well off as everyone else.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TwistedSisterr For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Paupercool1, winvens