Quoted: 20122 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss49362
Re: The $76 Million Dollar "Suicide Barrier" for Golden Gate Bridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey View Post
We do make war all the time if you haven't noticed. I couldn't agree more with ceasing ALL aide to foreign countries. Fuck em.
that would be a horrible idea, honestly. overpopulation is a direct result of poverty.

Quote:
"The cure for poverty has a name, in fact: it's called the empowerment of women. If you give women some control over the rate at which they reproduce, if you give them some say, take them off the animal cycle of reproduction to which nature and some doctrine—religious doctrine condemns them, and then if you'll throw in a handful of seeds perhaps and some credit, the floor of everything in that village, not just poverty, but education, health, and optimism will increase. It doesn't matter; try it in Bangladesh, try it in Bolivia, it works—works all the time. Name me one religion that stands for that, or ever has. Wherever you look in the world and you try to remove the shackles of ignorance and disease stupidity from women, it is invariably the clericy that stands in the way, or in the case of—now, furthermore, if you are going to grant this to Catholic charities, say, which I would hope are doing a lot of work in Africa, if I was a member of a church that had preached that AIDS was not as bad as condoms, I'd be putting some conscience money into Africa too, I must say." --Christopher Hitchens
people should be allowed to kill themselves if they want to but it doesnt affect the overpopulation issue, nor would stopping foreign aid. let's be realistic here....if you really wanted to help reduce the effects of overpopulation on the earth and on society, there are a ton of proactive things a person could do... none of which require letting children in other counties starve to death under the false assumption that they are unworthy of aid because the world is over populated.

Old 06-26-2014, 07:44 PM
Shakey
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:18
MAN

Mentioned: 448 Post(s)
Quoted: 21485 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
that would be a horrible idea, honestly. overpopulation is a direct result of poverty.

people should be allowed to kill themselves if they want to but it doesnt affect the overpopulation issue, nor would stopping foreign aid. let's be realistic here....if you really wanted to help reduce the effects of overpopulation on the earth and on society, there are a ton of proactive things a person could do... none of which require letting children in other counties starve to death under the false assumption that they are unworthy of aid because the world is over populated.
On the foreign aid issue I was thinking more in the line of lowering our national debt/taxes. I shouldn't be forced to donate to other countries through my taxes. If people want to donate to private charities, knock yourselves out.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:11 AM
oldnorseman
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:660
Male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss826

Why are we going to retrieve them from the net?