Go Back  

7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #41  
Old 06-07-2012, 04:09 PM
Anita929's Avatar
Anita929
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4134
Female
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

When my son started 1st grade he had waited to wear a pair of shoes a family member had given him especially for that day.He was teased immediately on the school bus for the shoes that day. I calmly explained that kids were cruel and that everyone got teased for something but some worse than others, to just look them in the face and laugh at their ignorance.Which he did. It caused a few fights but he got by, and became a popular young man known for being able to laugh at himself. He is now in college and 19yo.I have looked back on that conversation every time I read these stories in the news and think how grateful I am that I did have this conversation with him.I also think about how different it could have gone. RIP little man.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anita929 For This Useful Post:
Megamel29, pyromancer555
  #42  
Old 06-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Anita929's Avatar
Anita929
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4134
Female
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss45
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

I agree. Tough to understand.

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Observant_eye
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7302
Join Date: Oct 2013
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss16
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

Kids are all trapped these days. The rule is hit first but never hit back. The one that hits back is the one that gets caught. The one that gets caught is already guilty and no one believes the guilty. A bully can hit you and you get in trouble for defending yourself. The rules don't matter if they did bully would not be a word. Kid feels like he can't win so death is the easy way out. Every kid in the world at some point has had the though or uttered aloud "I'm better of dead." Some just have the will to follow through. Admirable in a way but also sad. I would rather my kid get lethal injection for killing the bully than feel like he had no choice but to kill himself.

Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 PM
pyromancer555's Avatar
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:172
Male
Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributions: 2
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5679
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

Its a shame that anyone feels the true need to kill them selves but idk why so young. And I also dont know whats happened to kids now days even when i was in school we got bullied and we either fought and it was squashed or you just dealt with it and laughed it off. How did we as a society ( maybe as a human race) get so damn soft and politically correct?

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-10-2014, 08:13 PM
pyromancer555's Avatar
pyromancer555
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:172
Male
Join Date: Jun 2009
Contributions: 2
 
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1262 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss5679
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observant_eye View Post
Kids are all trapped these days. The rule is hit first but never hit back. The one that hits back is the one that gets caught. The one that gets caught is already guilty and no one believes the guilty. A bully can hit you and you get in trouble for defending yourself. The rules don't matter if they did bully would not be a word. Kid feels like he can't win so death is the easy way out. Every kid in the world at some point has had the though or uttered aloud "I'm better of dead." Some just have the will to follow through. Admirable in a way but also sad. I would rather my kid get lethal injection for killing the bully than feel like he had no choice but to kill himself.
Sometimes you just gotta suck it up and fight back. Fighting back even if you get in trouble or lose sends a message and sometimes thats all it needs to be done and it stops. BTW I dont advocate fighting in general but as self defense or preemptively i do condone it 1000000000&

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pyromancer555 For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight
  #46  
Old 01-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2169 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

I'm afraid my kids will face bullies one day . All jokes aside, my kids are my life. If I knew my kids were bullied, lord forgive me, I'd honestly punch The bully in the face. Even if its a child. Sorry if that sounds bad but at least I'm being honest

Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
Amy, cupcake725, shinycatcreations
  #47  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:00 PM
Amy's Avatar
Amy
Offline:
Mother Superior
Poster Rank:1
Keeper of the Cocks
Join Date: Mar 2010
Contributions: 8
 
Mentioned: 628 Post(s)
Quoted: 33972 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sss115708
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaka View Post
I'm afraid my kids will face bullies one day . All jokes aside, my kids are my life. If I knew my kids were bullied, lord forgive me, I'd honestly punch The bully in the face. Even if its a child. Sorry if that sounds bad but at least I'm being honest
It took everything in me to not lay out a couple 10 year old girls that were bullying Autie when she was tiny.

I pulled her out of her high school because of the kids. I wont let her become a statistic. I refuse. Instead I did something about it instead of turning my head and just hoping for the best.

__________________
“My demons though quiet, are never quite silent. Calm as they may be they wait patiently for a reason to wake, take an overdue breath, and crawl back to my ear.”
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amy For This Useful Post:
cupcake725, Flaka
  #48  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:18 PM
bob351's Avatar
bob351
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:32
male
Join Date: Jun 2012
 
Mentioned: 158 Post(s)
Quoted: 11212 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss23599
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

7 years old, wtf.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bob351 For This Useful Post:
Amy
  #49  
Old 01-15-2014, 12:57 AM
cupcake725's Avatar
cupcake725
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:249
female
Join Date: Dec 2013
Contributions: 2
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2014 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

How does a 7 year old fathom hanging? I hate that. 7. Fucking 7. This devastates me. I blame the parents. At 7, know what the fuck your kid is doing. 7? Are you kidding? Send the parents to jail. Fuck that noise.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
Amy, Pink.
  #50  
Old 01-15-2014, 01:01 AM
cupcake725's Avatar
cupcake725
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:249
female
Join Date: Dec 2013
Contributions: 2
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2014 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457
Re: 7-year-old Dead in Apparent Suicide

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyy View Post
It took everything in me to not lay out a couple 10 year old girls that were bullying Autie when she was tiny.

I pulled her out of her high school because of the kids. I wont let her become a statistic. I refuse. Instead I did something about it instead of turning my head and just hoping for the best.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Because the pussification of school admins and social services not to use their brains in obvious cases - you did the absolute right thing. Fuck them.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cupcake725 For This Useful Post:
Amy

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO