female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63926
60 YEARS!!! Man Convicted in Chandra Levy Killing Sentenced

Calling him a dangerous predator, a judge on Friday sentenced the man convicted of killing Washington intern Chandra Levy to 60 years in prison.

D.C. Superior Court Judge Gerald Fisher sentenced Ingmar Guandique to 60 years on each of the two counts he was convicted on, but ordered that they be served concurrently. The result, Fisher said, is still likely to be a life sentence for what the judge characterized as a chillingly unusual murder.

"The nature of the conduct was predatory," Fisher said. He added that there was "something different and worse" about Guandique's actions that wasn't often seen in Washington murders.

Levy, a 24-year-old California native, was in Washington working as an intern for the Bureau of Prisons when she was last seen on May 1, 2001. Her skull was found over a year later, on May 22, 2002, in Washington's Rock Creek Park.

But police didn't arrest Guandique until February 2009. He was then serving a 10-year sentence for attacking two other women in the park and had reportedly spoken about killing Levy.

A jury convicted him of one count of murder with kidnapping and a second count of murder with attempted robbery in November, after 11 days of trial and three days of deliberations

Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098
Re: 60 YEARS!!! Man Convicted in Chandra Levy Killing Sentenced

You know the sad part of this case is the media already had that congressman convicted, based solely on the fact that he was sexually involved with that woman. Even the police chief, at the height of the questioning, emphasized that Congressman Condit was NOT a suspect, but only a person of interest, which is very common in cases where a woman is killed under suspicious circumstances, and there is no leading suspect. The impression the news was presenting the public was that the police were questioning Condit, because he was a suspect. Almost every person on the street that was interviewed believed Condit was in some way involved with Levy's death because of this.

I didn't buy into any of that media garbage. I kept telling my coworkers and friends: that man, Condit, wouldn't risk his political career over this chick. She wasn't worth it. Besides, if the idiot press had taken the time to look into this man's past, they would've seen he had no history of violence at all. The kind of person that would have done something like that would've had some kind of violent past, just like the actual perpetrator of the crime.

I say thumbs down to the press , they acted like a bunch of jackasses.

Old 02-13-2011, 04:51 PM
TheHag
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:242
formerly male

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613

Condit got a bad rap and lost his bit for election because of this shit. 60 years? Should be life + 1 and Condit should get to beat his ass for what it did to his political career when he had nothing to do with this girl's death.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
dooshman
Offline:
*Born Retard*
Poster Rank:58
Dude

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss16098

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHag View Post
Condit got a bad rap and lost his bit for election because of this shit. 60 years? Should be life + 1 and Condit should get to beat his ass for what it did to his political career when he had nothing to do with this girl's death.
Well, Hag, I blame the press for ruining that man's career. He actually lived across the street from where I used to work. And a few times on my way in, I'd see him on the street, with the cameras and media following him, like a bunch of jackals. You had to have seen the distressed look on that man's face in real life. That's something you can't see on the TV screen.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:55 PM
TheHag
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:242
formerly male

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3613

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
Well, Hag, I blame the press for ruining that man's career. He actually lived across the street from where I used to work. And a few times on my way in, I'd see him on the street, with the cameras and media following him, like a bunch of jackals. You had to have seen the distressed look on that man's face in real life. That's something you can't see on the TV screen.
I agree.... But there is nothing anyone can do until they decide to make laws against some of the shit these media people do.... If a normal person did the stuff that these people do on a daily basis, as far as following people, chasing them in cars, taking multiple photos of them, we'd be thrown in jail for stalking!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:31 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

This should be a lesson on just how powerful the "media" is but no one will learn from it. Many will watch that trash later on tonight. 60 yrs is kinda worse then life. He has to do 60 yrs befor his release and he's how old? Exactly!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63926

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooshman View Post
You know the sad part of this case is the media already had that congressman convicted, based solely on the fact that he was sexually involved with that woman. Even the police chief, at the height of the questioning, emphasized that Congressman Condit was NOT a suspect, but only a person of interest, which is very common in cases where a woman is killed under suspicious circumstances, and there is no leading suspect. The impression the news was presenting the public was that the police were questioning Condit, because he was a suspect. Almost every person on the street that was interviewed believed Condit was in some way involved with Levy's death because of this.

I didn't buy into any of that media garbage. I kept telling my coworkers and friends: that man, Condit, wouldn't risk his political career over this chick. She wasn't worth it. Besides, if the idiot press had taken the time to look into this man's past, they would've seen he had no history of violence at all. The kind of person that would have done something like that would've had some kind of violent past, just like the actual perpetrator of the crime.

I say thumbs down to the press , they acted like a bunch of jackasses.
I totally agree.

That was one of my reasons for posting this article.

Now, I do not see the press trying to salvage the mans political, personal, or "spiritual" career.

They, as usual, were in SUCH a hurry to "BRING HIM DOWN'....AS THEY ARE SO MANY OTHERS........bringing down ANY person seems to be some kind of "notch in their guns".

Old 02-16-2011, 07:57 PM
tedbrandt
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:1419

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss251

the truly sad part is you people talking about media manipulation , when its possible though not likely thats exactly whats happening now what condit was being slandered but this new guy definitely did it because the tv said so . "he wouldn't risk his political career for this chick" thats exactly what he did do having an affair with a young girl will ruin your political career and hiding it is a motive for murdering her and framing someone else not saying thats what happened i just dont blindly believe what the tv tells me