Poster Rank:5275

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30
Re: "6 Months a Steep Price Pay

"It's a shame HLN didn't cover the trial. Housewives would have been all over it. It's scandalous.

Turns out the girl was in a relationship, went to a party, got drunk, started making out with this guy that's not her boyfriend, and went back behind a dumpster (romantic) with him to strip and fool around. Despite her tear-jerking letter, it's quite possible based on testimony that she was just trying to save face (and her relationship) a few regretful, more-sobered hours later.

The judge saw through that I think.

Also relevant, for those reading and unfamiliar with the story, in this case "rape" = he was fingerbanging her. The guy plead guilty probably as a pleabargain."

Yeah see this is the other side of the story. Some women claim rape when there was no rape, it's not uncommon.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggppgg For This Useful Post:
subhuman
Old 06-13-2016, 03:41 AM
ggppgg
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5275

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss30

If he was guilty though, then yeah he would deserve to do time, and maybe he is, but again this story to me doesn't add up. I just don't like that we automatically believe rape accusations when the burden of proof is so low for a prosecution.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:43 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Right. I'll tell that to my two friends that did a year plus in county and never once saw or heard about a single rape, or any altercation that didn't involve inmates who didn't already have something personal to settle.

Jail =/= Prison. Unless Turner's victim was non-white, he probably won't have that much to worry about. Sorry if this busts up anybody's street justice fantasies, but that's kind of the way it goes in reality.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:50 AM
curvature
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:495

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1280

Quote:
County is actually not that bad, and the C.O.s will probably keep a close eye on him simply due the high profile nature of his case.

I think he's also moving to be allowed to serve out his sentence back in his hometown area in Ohio, which would probably mean being housed in a less dangerous facility than one in which he'd be likely to land in California.
Surprise, surprise.

The Following User Says Thank You to curvature For This Useful Post:
kikaha
Old 06-13-2016, 08:24 AM
mmeroyale
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1524
Female

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 4/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss225

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...encingMemo.pdf -> his sentencing papers including detailed descriptions of the evidences shown in court not only about his guilt in this case but also abouy other students in Stanford having been uncomfortable with his approaches as well as texts and images(illegal for them to be displaye djn the pack but they are described) of him using drugs and his prior encounter with police that didn't lead to charges.

Then if you're feeling so inclined to be fair to him (I wasn't but I wanted to understand the case since each news outlet reports something different and this js as close to records as you'll get)
https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...cingPacket.pdf
This is his sentencing packet including his statements which are contradicting at best seeing in more than one occasion not only he but also his family and other friends asked to write character letters constantly say he was never a drinker before when there's proof he drank and used weed and had possesion of fake IDs lonng before Stanford.
It's particularly interesting just how much responsibility he tries to share with peer pressure from his swim team
Either way this packet also contains the infamous Leslie Hassmussen and Dad Turner's letters if you're wondering and thinkig they were fake (i had hope )

I'll add whatever more official records I can if they get released but so far only these were. I mean sure you wanna dispute media and the internet go ahead but don't be so arrogant as to think so many people would make so much shit about this guy for seemingly no reason. The point of this circus is to show no lienency with rapists. Privileged white ones or not.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mmeroyale For This Useful Post:
kikaha, Top Gear, vipersna
Old 06-13-2016, 02:02 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggppgg View Post
If he was guilty though, then yeah he would deserve to do time, and maybe he is, but again this story to me doesn't add up. I just don't like that we automatically believe rape accusations when the burden of proof is so low for a prosecution.
What do you mean "IF" he's guilty. Two crimes have been committed here, the first being that arrogant little turd thinking he would get away with violating a young girl, and the second is that idiotic judge by virtually letting him off with it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
kikaha, mmeroyale, vipersna
Old 06-13-2016, 03:56 PM
kikaha
Offline:
Bearded Chocolate Thunder
Poster Rank:35
male

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 8059 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss22005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
What planet are you on, if other inmates want to get at him they will, you should know that. The only way he would be safe is in isolation.

I hope he is got at and fucking gang raped repeatedly, then and only then will he appreciate the enormity of his predicament and the reality of how his victim felt or feels.

His father can fuck off too the arrogant SOB. Poor baby won't be the same? Neither will his arsehole, it will be that baggy he will have to wear adult diapers for the rest of his miserable life.

That judge should be investigated, 6 months? Of which a third will be knocked off no doubt, who crossed his fucking palm with silver.
hat is very true.
The CO's cant watch this guy 24 hours a day.
They're not gonna stand in the shower with him or stand next to him while he's taking a shit.

And also think aout this:
What id there's guys in there for rape who got ten-twenty years?
I think they might want to have a word or two with this troglodyte.

The Following User Says Thank You to kikaha For This Useful Post:
Top Gear
Old 06-13-2016, 03:59 PM
kikaha
Offline:
Bearded Chocolate Thunder
Poster Rank:35
male

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 8059 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss22005

Quote:
Right. I'll tell that to my two friends that did a year plus in county and never once saw or heard about a single rape, or any altercation that didn't involve inmates who didn't already have something personal to settle.

Jail =/= Prison. Unless Turner's victim was non-white, he probably won't have that much to worry about. Sorry if this busts up anybody's street justice fantasies, but that's kind of the way it goes in reality.
Depends on the prison and the inmates in there.
But I think violence is a lot more likely in prison than in jail.

The Following User Says Thank You to kikaha For This Useful Post:
vipersna
Old 06-13-2016, 04:05 PM
subhuman
Offline:
★☆☆☆☆
Poster Rank:268

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3091

Quote:
being convicted of 3 felony counts of sexual assault is pretty serious...
Quote:
...that idiotic judge virtually let him off with it.
Is he now suffering a punishment with the rest of his life essentially ruined, or did he virtually get away with it?

Make up your mind!

The Following Users Disliked This Post By subhuman:
mmeroyale
Old 06-13-2016, 04:26 PM
Cancun78
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:610
female
Contributions: 8

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss918

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
It's a shame HLN didn't cover the trial. Housewives would have been all over it. It's scandalous.

Turns out the girl was in a relationship, went to a party, got drunk, started making out with this guy that's not her boyfriend, and went back behind a dumpster (romantic) with him to strip and fool around. Despite her tear-jerking letter, it's quite possible based on testimony that she was just trying to save face (and her relationship) a few regretful, more-sobered hours later.

The judge saw through that I think.

Also relevant, for those reading and unfamiliar with the story, in this case "rape" = he was fingerbanging her. The guy plead guilty probably as a pleabargain.
You cunt

The Following User Says Thank You to Cancun78 For This Useful Post:
subhuman