Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043
Re: "6 Months a Steep Price Pay

The dad said 20 minutes of his life. You can fucking kills someone in seconds. Tweny minutes is a long time for many things especially being raped or shitty sex.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
Cancun78, Nickola, shiverpudlian, vipersna
Old 06-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
It's a shame HLN didn't cover the trial. Housewives would have been all over it. It's scandalous.

Turns out the girl was in a relationship, went to a party, got drunk, started making out with this guy that's not her boyfriend, and went back behind a dumpster (romantic) with him to strip and fool around. Despite her tear-jerking letter, it's quite possible based on testimony that she was just trying to save face (and her relationship) a few regretful, more-sobered hours later.

The judge saw through that I think.

Also relevant, for those reading and unfamiliar with the story, in this case "rape" = he was fingerbanging her. The guy plead guilty probably as a pleabargain.
Oh really?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7070226.html

Old 06-10-2016, 02:39 PM
subhuman
Offline:
★☆☆☆☆
Poster Rank:268

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1916 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Ya rly. I never said he was innocent. Just that he probably would have received a harsher sentence if his actions weren't wanted by her up until she passed out. I'd also be willing to wager that her attempt to somewhat disingenuously manipulate the court hurt her case more than helped as judges see this shit all the time. This "he's a brutal rapist" narrative is way blown out of proportion, and probably insulting to rape victims that had a more... horrendous experience.

His punishment is much more than 3-6 months of incarceration. His life is, in all liklihood, ruined as he is now a felon and has to register as a sex offender.

The hysterical, biased angles of this story being circulated are displayed clearly in Op's article:
Quote:
[A shocking number of college men surveyed admit coercing a partner into sex]
omg gasp

The Following User Says Thank You to subhuman For This Useful Post:
sumguy
The Following 4 Users Disliked subhuman For This Post:
AliceInChains, Nsist, shiverpudlian, Sybil
Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
Ya rly. I never said he was innocent. Just that he probably would have received a harsher sentence if his actions weren't wanted by her up until she passed out. I'd also be willing to wager that her attempt to somewhat disingenuously manipulate the court hurt her case more than helped as judges see this shit all the time. This "he's a brutal rapist" narrative is way blown out of proportion, and probably insulting to rape victims that had a more... horrendous experience.

His punishment is much more than 3-6 months of incarceration. His life is, in all liklihood, ruined as he is now a felon and has to register as a sex offender.

The hysterical, biased angles of this story being circulated are displayed clearly in Op's article:

omg gasp
You seem to be condoning his actions, which makes you a dick too, simple. Awwwwwwwwwwww poor fucking wankers life is ruined? I notice you don't mention the victims well being, I guess you're the sort that thinks no really means yes.
I wonder if you would have such a cavalier attitude to sex crimes if that were your daughter, to be honest you don't sound old enough to sire kids.

I would have thought being convicted of 3 felony counts of sexual assault is pretty serious but obviously not to you. Fucking disgusting.
What's up have you been accused in the past? You sure do sound very angry about something.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
AliceInChains, BostonPancake, Cancun78, klh3301, Pigeon, shiverpudlian
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Top Gear:
sumguy
Old 06-10-2016, 07:16 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

Doesn't matter if it was his finger or penis. Invading someone else's body while they're passed out, is illegal.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
BostonPancake, Cancun78, Pigeon, shiverpudlian, Top Gear, Vedderman, winvens
Old 06-11-2016, 02:53 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

I hope he gets raped 10x over fucking scumbag.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Top Gear
Old 06-11-2016, 10:16 AM
subhuman
Offline:
★☆☆☆☆

Activity Longevity
7/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
You seem to be condoning his actions, which makes you a dick too, simple. Awwwwwwwwwwww poor fucking wankers life is ruined? I notice you don't mention the victims well being, I guess you're the sort that thinks no really means yes.
I wonder if you would have such a cavalier attitude to sex crimes if that were your daughter, to be honest you don't sound old enough to sire kids.

I would have thought being convicted of 3 felony counts of sexual assault is pretty serious but obviously not to you. Fucking disgusting.
What's up have you been accused in the past? You sure do sound very angry about something.
Again, I never said he was innocent. He was molesting a passed out girl - which I agree is a big nono (with a stranger). Even if she was enjoying it seconds before falling unconcious, as is the case here.

I think the time fits the crime.

The hype behind this sensationalist story intends to get hasty, emotional people like you all riled up under misleading pretenses. It's called click bait, my well-intended but gullible friend.

What's fucking disgusting is your equating this girl's attempts to save face with the experiences of victims of violent, arguably more legitimate, rape. Stories like this and your inability to see shades of gray, rather than a false dichotomy of black and white, only belittle rape survivors.

If she were my daughter I would be pissed at the male molesting her while she was passed out. And I'd be pissed at my daughter who, not only put herself in a bad position, but also was willing to waste daddy's money on attorney fees because she didn't want the stigma(s) that come with admitting to being that girl that got drunk and cheated on her boyfriend with a stranger behind a dumpster.

The Following User Says Thank You to subhuman For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015
The Following 3 Users Disliked subhuman For This Post:
Nsist, shiverpudlian, Sybil
Old 06-11-2016, 11:09 AM
subhuman
Offline:
★☆☆☆☆

Activity Longevity
7/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3091

I'd honestly like to hear more input on this subject from the mature, experienced women that browse this site. I believe the narrative we're fed daily is driven by a very vocal, sensitive minority. And it creates an illusion of a reality that is far from truth.

Mature women, what are your thoughts upon reading her letter after learning that she was witnessed sucking on not-her-boyfriend's tongue all night?

Quote:
You don't know me, but you've been inside me, and that's why we're here today.

I planned to stay at home by myself, watch some TV and read, while she went to a party with her friends. Then, I decided it was my only night with her, I had nothing better to do, so why not, there's a dumb party ten minutes from my house, I would go, dance weird like a fool, and embarrass my younger sister. On the way there, I joked that undergrad guys would have braces. My sister teased me for wearing a beige cardigan to a frat party like a librarian. I called myself "big mama", because I knew I'd be the oldest one there.

I made silly faces, let my guard down, and drank liquor too fast not factoring in that my tolerance had significantly lowered since college.

[INCONVENIENT MEMORY BLACKOUT HERE]

The next thing I remember I was in a gurney in a hallway. I had dried blood and bandages on the backs of my hands and elbow. A deputy explained I had been assaulted. I still remained calm, assured he was speaking to the wrong person. I knew no one at this party. When I was finally allowed to use the restroom, I pulled down the hospital pants they had given me, went to pull down my underwear, and felt nothing.

I was the wounded antelope of the herd, completely alone and vulnerable, physically unable to fend for myself, and he chose me. Sometimes I think, if I hadn't gone, then this never would've happened. But then I realized, it would have happened, just to somebody else.

I want to show people that one night of drinking can ruin two lives. You and me. You are the cause, I am the effect. You have dragged me through this hell with you, dipped me back into that night again and again. You knocked down both our towers, I collapsed at the same time you did. Your damage was concrete; stripped of titles, degrees, enrollment. My damage was internal, unseen, I carry it with me. You took away my worth, my privacy, my energy, my time, my safety, my intimacy, my confidence, my own voice, until today.

I'm not mad because you didn't ask for my number. Even if you did know me, I would not want be in this situation. My own boyfriend knows me, but if he asked to finger me behind a dumpster, I would slap him. No girl wants to be in this situation. Nobody. I don't care if you know their phone number or not.

http://archive.is/K5YHY (full victim's letter)
Last time I got drunk down and dirty outside on the ground I had scrapes on my knees.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to subhuman For This Useful Post:
lesslis2015, sumguy
The Following 3 Users Disliked subhuman For This Post:
BostonPancake, Nsist, Sybil
Old 06-11-2016, 01:13 PM
lesslis2015
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:692
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss772

Subhuman, it is a very slippery slope when victim blaming. Imo she is still the victim. Regardless of age, alcohol use, choices and actions. You CANNOT touch another human in such ways without wide awake consent. They both will suffer for poor choices forever. Very hard lesson that damm alcohol will teach.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lesslis2015 For This Useful Post:
shiverpudlian, subhuman, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By lesslis2015:
sumguy
Old 06-12-2016, 01:18 AM
candymosh
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:124

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8123

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/07/someon...ather-5928645/

Dan A. Turner's letter - fixed by Alexandra Ozeri
As it stands now, Brock’s life has been deeply altered forever by the events (raping an unconscious woman) of Jan 17th and 18th. He will never be his happy go lucky self with that easy going personality and welcoming smile that was there the whole time he was raping a young woman thinking he wouldn’t get caught.
His every waking minute is consumed with not taking responsibility for the rape he committed. You can see this in his face, the way he walks, the fact that he took the girl he raped to trial and blamed it on her, his weakened voice, his lack of appetite.
Brock always enjoyed certain types of food before he raped someone and is a very good cook himself. I was always excited to buy him a big rib eye steak to grill, but it just wasn’t the same after he raped an innocent young woman. I had to make sure to hide some of my favourite pretzels or chips because I knew they wouldn’t be around long after Brock walked in from swim practice, but these cute details don’t have anything to do with the rape he committed. Now he barely consumes any foods and eats only to exist because he screwed his own life and many other lives up by raping someone.
The verdicts have broken and shattered him and our family in so many ways, because our son is now a rapist. His life will never be the one that he dreamed about and worked so hard to achieve, the one where he gets to rape a beautiful strong human being and then go back to his swim meet.
This is a steep price to pay for 20 minutes of action i.e. raping someone out of his 20 plus years of life. This isn’t like the three second rule for food, rape still counts no matter how many seconds it lasts. This is rape.
The fact that he now has to register as a sexual offender for the rest of his life forever alters where he can live, visit, work, rape, and how he will be able to interact with people who don’t want to be raped and organisations who don’t want their employees to be raped.
What I know as his father is that incarceration is not the punishment for Brock, but a longer punishment meant for a rapist. He has no prior criminal history (aside from this rape) and has never been violent to anyone (except for the rape) including his “actions” (and you know what that means – rape) on the night of Jan 17th 2015. Bringing up the fact that this was only his first rape is like bringing up that it’s somebody’s first murder or first terror attack, so it’s still a crime.
Brock can do so many positive things as a contributor to society, but instead he chose to rape someone, and is totally committed to educating other college students about the dangers of alcohol consumption and sexual promiscuity, which is irrelevant because he should be talking about how he shouldn’t have raped someone.
By having people like Brock educate others on college campuses is how society can begin to break the cycle of drinking and its unfortunate results and get misinformation from a rapist with a light sentence.
Probation is the best answer for Brock in this situation and allows him to give back to society in an unjust and seriously creepy way.
Very respectfully and ignorantly,
Dan A. (father of a rapist) Turner.

Someone fixed his dad's letter to the judge.