Go Back  

5-year-old Boy Accidentally Shoots, Kills 2-year-old Sister in Cumberland County (Ky) 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20147 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399
Re: 5-year-old Boy Accidentally Shoots, Kills 2-year-old Sister in Cumberland County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impotent Rage View Post
I'd say "wish" is too strong a word. I enjoyed shooting and given the chance I'd do it again.

Looking back, I remember travelling far afield to get dum dums, saving for scopes and stuff. I suppose I was fairly enthusiastic about my guns.

I would be terrified if guns were commonplace in the UK. I know too many people who are lethally wreckless. I can think of one right now who I know would accrue a large collection of guns if they were available. He's a career criminal, car thief and absolute moron. Let him get his hands on a gun and he'll set up targets beside a public footpath; I have no doubt he'd do that and I can guarantee there are loads like him.

If I have to give up my guns so people like him can't get them then I'm happy with that. You can't outlaw stupidity so you have to restrict anything enables lethal consequences of it.
that's impossible. most everything we use has the ability to have lethal consequences when used by a stupid person.

thank you for the answer.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
gatagato, Impotent Rage
Old 05-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399
Re: 5-year-old Boy Accidentally Shoots, Kills 2-year-old Sister in Cumberland County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Who the fuck buys a gun for a 5 year old?
to use with a 5 year old? i would. when my son is 5, we will get a .22lr for him to use. i wouldnt get him one to just have as a toy though. strict supervision at all times, of course.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Impotent Rage
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:916
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanda444 View Post
most everything we use has the ability to have lethal consequences when used by a stupid person.
You're absolutely right but the very nature of firearms makes them particularly lethal. The pros and cons don't balance for me. In America where it seems people get shot in the streets, I bet the pros of self defence weigh much higher.

You know our police aren't even armed. The only place we see firearms in everyday, public life is airports and (if you happen to visit) surroundings of nuclear power stations.

If you look up firearms offence statistics in the UK it might seem quite high, but it's full of nonsense like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-22345919

The Following User Says Thank You to Impotent Rage For This Useful Post:
Kanda444
Old 05-01-2013, 08:47 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?

Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss49399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impotent Rage View Post
You're absolutely right but the very nature of firearms makes them particularly lethal. The pros and cons don't balance for me. In America where it seems people get shot in the streets, I bet the pros of self defence weigh much higher.

You know our police aren't even armed. The only place we see firearms in everyday, public life is airports and (if you happen to visit) surroundings of nuclear power stations.

If you look up firearms offence statistics in the UK it might seem quite high, but it's full of nonsense like this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...ntral-22345919
you have the issue pretty much figured out, really. i always had a rifle to go shooting with but i didnt start carrying a handgun until some guy threatened to shoot me in a walmart parking lot (while i was with my family). after that incident (and being shot at once before) i dont leave the house without one.

http://www.khq.com/story/18652395/ar...the-south-hill

^^ this kind of thing is fairly common, sadly

The Following User Says Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
Impotent Rage