Quoted: 1539 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3862
Re: 50 dead and 53 injured in PULSE Nightclub, Orlando terrorist shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bletch View Post
I suppose the tone would have been different if it's was an ordinary nightclub that got hit, with non-gay straight people massmurdered.
Presidential Proclamation -- LGBT Pride Month, 2016

LESBIAN, GAY, BISEXUAL, AND TRANSGENDER PRIDE MONTH, 2016

- - - - - - -

BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

A PROCLAMATION

Since our founding, America has advanced on an unending path toward becoming a more perfect Union. This journey, led by forward-thinking individuals who have set their sights on reaching for a brighter tomorrow, has never been easy or smooth. The fight for dignity and equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people is reflected in the tireless dedication of advocates and allies who strive to forge a more inclusive society. They have spurred sweeping progress by changing hearts and minds and by demanding equal treatment -- under our laws, from our courts, and in our politics. This month, we recognize all they have done to bring us to this point, and we recommit to bending the arc of our Nation toward justice.

Last year's landmark Supreme Court decision guaranteeing marriage equality in all 50 States was a historic victory for LGBT Americans, ensuring dignity for same-sex couples and greater equality across State lines. For every partnership that was not previously recognized under the law and for every American who was denied their basic civil rights, this monumental ruling instilled newfound hope, affirming the belief that we are all more free when we are treated as equals.

LGBT individuals deserve to know their country stands beside them. That is why my Administration is striving to better understand the needs of LGBT adults and to provide affordable, welcoming, and supportive housing to aging LGBT Americans. It is also why we oppose subjecting minors to the harmful practice of conversion therapy, and why we are continuing to promote equality and foster safe and supportive learning environments for all students. We remain committed to addressing health disparities in the LGBT community -- gay and bisexual men and transgender women of color are at a particularly high risk for HIV, and we have worked to strengthen our National HIV/AIDS Strategy to reduce new infections, increase access to care, and improve health outcomes for people living with HIV.

Despite the extraordinary progress of the past few years, LGBT Americans still face discrimination simply for being who they are. I signed an Executive Order in 2014 that prohibits discrimination against Federal employees and contractors on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. I urge the Congress to enact legislation that builds upon the progress we have made, because no one should live in fear of losing their job simply because of who they are or who they love. And our commitment to combatting discrimination against the LGBT community does not stop at our borders: Advancing the fair treatment of all people has long been a cornerstone of American diplomacy, and we have made defending and promoting the human rights of LGBT individuals a priority in our engagement across the globe. In line with America's commitment to the notion that all people should be treated fairly and with respect, champions of this cause at home and abroad are upholding the simple truth that LGBT rights are human rights.

There remains much work to do to extend the promise of our country to every American, but because of the acts of courage of the millions who came out and spoke out to demand justice and of those who quietly toiled and pushed for progress, our Nation has made great strides in recognizing what these brave individuals long knew to be true in their hearts -- that love is love and that no person should be judged by anything but the content of their character. During Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month, as Americans wave their flags of pride high and march boldly forward in parades and demonstrations, let us celebrate how far we have come and reaffirm our steadfast belief in the equal dignity of all Americans.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2016 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand sixteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and fortieth.

BARACK OBAMA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty, Oswald2001
Old 06-13-2016, 03:13 PM
whoreofbabalon
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:7059
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains View Post
Why is it every time something like this happens, people appear saying there was more than one shooter?

Why is it so hard to accept that one mentally unhinged human being (and I don't give a fuck what his religious or political motivations were... anyone who feels this is an appropriate response to anything has some serious issues with their brain) can go berserk with a weapon and kill people?

The simple solution is usually the correct one - one man, with weapons, killed lots of people. No greater conspiracy, no cover up, no ulterior motive.

https://twitter.com/ImSuperDope_/sta...48639338598400

Old 06-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Bob_Loblaw
Offline:
Poster Rank:15726

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreofbabalon View Post
The guy who was holding the door closed, was interviewed on CNN where he admitted it through the telling of his story, he was doing it to prevent his people from getting trampled in this very small alley the exit door led to.

No conspiracy....
But you can't cure crazy, so nut jobs will create new theories everyday

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bob_Loblaw For This Useful Post:
AliceInChains, whoreofbabalon
Old 06-13-2016, 04:50 PM
whoreofbabalon
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
The guy who was holding the door closed, was interviewed on CNN where he admitted it through the telling of his story, he was doing it to prevent his people from getting trampled in this very small alley the exit door led to.

No conspiracy....
But you can't cure crazy, so nut jobs will create new theories everyday
that's an interesting explanation... I caught this excuse for the door being held...

“As soon as we got a ten second break, we went through this alleyway, which led for only employees, and me and this random guy tried blocking the door, cause at that point, like I said, the bullets were getting louder and closer. So we blocked this door, and we did hear banging, and I pray it wasn’t anyone trying to escape, because I would forever feel guilty. But at that point there was about 20 people in front of us crammed in this little alleyway, with a big hole in one of the fences, and just trying to topple over, just trying to escape, just trying to run.”

why so many different versions of who & why someone blocked a door? there was a mother of someone killed being interviewed who also changed her story.

The Following User Says Thank You to whoreofbabalon For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 06-13-2016, 04:54 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:231

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3862

Why so many versions

The Following User Says Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
Oswald2001
Old 06-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Coreym07
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2382
Dick In A Box

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss115

Quote:
Victims’ Names

Posted date: June 12, 2016

Updated June 13, 2016 2:40 p.m.

During this difficult time, we offer heartfelt condolences to the victims and their families. Our City is working tirelessly to get as much information out to the families so they can begin the grieving process. Please keep the following individuals in your thoughts and prayers. #PrayforOrlando

The below list of individuals includes victims who have lost their lives during the early morning incident, and next of kin have been contacted. As we continue to reach out to the families of victims, we will continue to update this post.

Edward Sotomayor Jr., 34 years old

Stanley Almodovar III, 23 years old

Luis Omar Ocasio-Capo, 20 years old

Juan Ramon Guerrero, 22 years old

Eric Ivan Ortiz-Rivera, 36 years old

Peter O. Gonzalez-Cruz, 22 years old

Luis S. Vielma, 22 years old

Kimberly Morris, 37 years old

Eddie Jamoldroy Justice, 30 years old

Darryl Roman Burt II, 29 years old

Deonka Deidra Drayton, 32 years old

Alejandro Barrios Martinez, 21 years old

Anthony Luis Laureanodisla, 25 years old

Jean Carlos Mendez Perez, 35 years old

Franky Jimmy Dejesus Velazquez, 50 years old

Amanda Alvear, 25 years old

Martin Benitez Torres, 33 years old

Luis Daniel Wilson-Leon, 37 years old

Mercedez Marisol Flores, 26 years old

Xavier Emmanuel Serrano Rosado, 35 years old

Gilberto Ramon Silva Menendez, 25 years old

Simon Adrian Carrillo Fernandez, 31 years old

Oscar A Aracena-Montero, 26 years old

Enrique L. Rios, Jr., 25 years old

Miguel Angel Honorato, 30 years old

Javier Jorge-Reyes, 40 years old

Joel Rayon Paniagua, 32 years old

Jason Benjamin Josaphat, 19 years old

Cory James Connell, 21 years old

Juan P. Rivera Velazquez, 37 years old

Luis Daniel Conde, 39 years old

Shane Evan Tomlinson, 33 years old

Juan Chevez-Martinez, 25 years old

Jerald Arthur Wright, 31 years old

Leroy Valentin Fernandez, 25 years old

Tevin Eugene Crosby, 25 years old

Jonathan Antonio Camuy Vega, 24 years old

Jean C. Nives Rodriguez, 27 years old

Rodolfo Ayala-Ayala, 33 years old

Brenda Lee Marquez McCool, 49 years old

Yilmary Rodriguez Sulivan, 24 years old

Christopher Andrew Leinonen, 32 years old

Angel L. Candelario-Padro, 28 years old

Frank Hernandez, 27 years old

Paul Terrell Henry, 41 years old

Antonio Davon Brown, 29 years old

Christopher Joseph Sanfeliz 24 years old

The Following User Says Thank You to Coreym07 For This Useful Post:
vagabond
Old 06-13-2016, 04:57 PM
Coreym07
Offline:
Poster Rank:2382
Dick In A Box

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss115

http://www.cityoforlando.net/blog/victims/

Link to above quote.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:16 PM
AliceInChains
Offline:
Poster Rank:2288
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss122

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbondurant View Post
Why so many versions
Because even without stress, or being in fear of their life, or in a dark nightclub where everyone was drinking, human beings make terrible eye-witnesses. They get mixed up, interpret things differently, get influenced by other people, fill in details that weren't there because they're desperate to help, leave things out because they feel guilty or are worried they'll look bad. It's just people.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to AliceInChains For This Useful Post:
Bob_Loblaw, BostonPancake, HelloNurse!, organizer, Oswald2001, Pigeon, RealityUnfolding, subhuman, tracey, vagabond, wmbondurant
Old 06-13-2016, 05:23 PM
wmbondurant
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:231

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3862

Quote:
Because even without stress, or being in fear of their life, or in a dark nightclub where everyone was drinking, human beings make terrible eye-witnesses. They get mixed up, interpret things differently, get influenced by other people, fill in details that weren't there because they're desperate to help, leave things out because they feel guilty or are worried they'll look bad. It's just people.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Exactly correct ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm sure they already have a good idea of the facts .. No matter how many versions there are ,, I'm sure there was video surveillance in and out of the bar ..

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wmbondurant For This Useful Post:
AliceInChains, madnurse, Oswald2001, Ozzman
Old 06-13-2016, 05:32 PM
whoreofbabalon
Offline:
Female

Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss17

Quote:
maybe they get influenced by other people & fill in details AFTER their original statements, then? why is that so hard to believe? i don't have an opinion either way, i just like playing the devil's advocate sometimes.

if people/the media really had a problem with conspiracy theorists propagating or juicing up these stories, they wouldn't speak until they were prepared to go on the record with their information. if my loved one was just killed in this manner, the last fucking thing i would want to do is get on the news & talk about it... ESPECIALLY if i was there when it happened.

the media, at the very least, used to be discerning enough to avoid that kind of shit. you have to admit if you are against the possibility of hidden hands in incidents like these that the messy "me first" reporting does nothing but stroke the Alex Jones type's poles. they fan those flames every time something like this happens, that's why you have to deal with it.

people who choose to believe in conspiracy theories are now technically mentally ill according to the Merck Manual, the same mental illness bible that had homosexuality among it's disorder list until sometime after 1970. don't be mad at them, be mad at the media that feeds them.

The Following User Says Thank You to whoreofbabalon For This Useful Post:
subhuman