Quoted: 21605 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss40857
Re: PULSE Nightclub Orlando Under Hostage Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
You see no difference between people making you cry on twitter and muslims suicide bombing gay bars? Ok then.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rapeWhistle For This Useful Post:
BostonPancake, subhuman
Old 06-13-2016, 02:57 AM
vagabond
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:141
female

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 956 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 6/20
Today Posts
8/11 sssss6956
Re: 50 dead and 53 injured in PULSE Nightclub, Orlando terrorist shooting

RIP to all the fallen.

The Following User Says Thank You to vagabond For This Useful Post:
BadmouthBetty
Old 06-13-2016, 03:32 AM
icehole
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1097

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 1/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss361

AR 15 for American was like the AK 47 for Russian, right?
No?
Ok

Old 06-13-2016, 04:19 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:971
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss454

I think it won't be long until we hear that a lot of this was severely bungled before it was over.

Prior to the act:
1) Dude was a security guard at government buildings. Despite making not one, but two separate terrorist-type statements at his job that led to the FBI knocking on his door, he didn't lose his job or anything else.

2) He didn't even at least lose his security guard status which is a bit like "enhanced background check" which leads to waiving several parts of a legal gun purchase.

3) Failures of background checks - many of these "legal" obtained guns used in crimes (FWIW, the vast majority of gun homicides are not obtained, held or bought legally - such as when the media insisted the highly illegal straw man purchase in San Bernadino was "legally obtained".) are due to severe backlogs in the EXISTING background check laws. Fools and idiots who stupidly insist we need more laws fail to explain how they would work since lesser laws can't even get in effect properly. Dylan Roof - another "legally obtained" gun purchaser should have never been able to pass the background check he did. Why? Existing laws and requirements to add to his background check were MONTHS behind. So technically, no, it wasn't legal - but the way it was botched wasn't the seller, it was the state who couldn't be bothered to do their work on time. You want them to have to do MORE hoops? Make more laws, they can't feasibly comply with anyway?

4) The fact the FBI didn't even bother, knowing his status, to at least keep tabs on gun purchases in his name (yes he got the gun right away but his name STILL has to be run, which shows the purchase and at least flagged it government-side).

During the act:
1) On duty cop notices him, with roughly 8 cop cars on site, shooting at him outside, not a single one manages to take him down despite clearly seeing him armed to the teeth. No explanation on what went wrong yet, but I'll bet a dollar these cops should have done more. They were in a gunfight - out of a dozen cops not a single one wounded him?

2) They allowed him to go into a building they fully knew was packed... no one even tried to follow him in or advance on him. Yes, there's a chance they get shot - but this is their job, protect the public. You don't hold off because you are afraid he's going to kill people - because that's what he was going to do anyway.

3) The lengthy time it took to get people on scene and get a plan of action. Most jurisdictions have huge plans to get something resolved in minutes. The fact that Orlando was so ill-prepared despite being one of the top tourist cities in the world and couldn't handle this is, is glaring.

4) The way they handled it during the standoff. How many would have been saved if they'd gotten in action soon? Three hours+ of people bleeding out and dying raised this death toll immensely.

5) Having no other plan than ramming a wall. Yes, the place wasn't blown to bits, but attempting to take this guy by surprise has less chance than a giant, slow motion, loud ass machine that slowly breaks through a wall. If he was going to do something, the most warning he had was the method they used. Pulse has multiple easy points of entry/exit and several less easy methods (like from the roof). Somehow, it was a better idea to ram a wall then flashbang, then come in all at one and everyone toss some stunners.

6) Using Twitter and Tweets to set their course of action. The FBI in the presser this morning stated "we had to wait it out as tweets stated things like he had put suicide vests on four people which turned out to be misinformation". TWEETS. Not from people on the ground, not from any official information, just fucking random tweets that kept them from moving in and saving people. When Twitter dictates whether or not you move on a hostage situation, everyone would die. There are more than enough anonymous assholes ready to watch the world burn if they can. There are more than enough panicky people who would take a sarcastic tweet and RT it or reword it and repost it. The same assholes were doing it during San Bernadino, but their local action didn't decide what to do based on it.

Post event:
1) The clusterfuck that was the pressers. They started with solid info, then pulled back an hour later, then restated it then pulled it back the next presser 3 hours later. When they released the name, then they said "no it's not" then "we can't say". When they had their 10am presser, they didn't bother to make sure everyone left and crackpot Geraldine Thompson jumped on the mics to barely mention victims and spent time railing partisan politics, gun control and how evil everyone who isn't like her is... much to the consternation of locals around here. There are people still inside they are trying to transport, and she's warbling about gun control and Republicans. (BTW, she sucks. But alas, she's in a staunchly blue district that refused to vote for someone who wants to reduce crime or work on economic development for the district, favoring her nutty ass who is demanding the entire state of Florida be taxed to dump money into her district as the answer. When her referendum on local taxes for school funding that had a lot of bloat failed, she blamed Republicans, despite the district voting 70+ blue for years.)

2) Conflicting information from THEM. We did this, we may not have, we might have done this. Say "no comment" if you don't know. Confirm directly with media and get your shit together behind the scenes and have one spokesperson for police, one for the GLBT community, and the mayor.

3) The President's refusal to call this an act of terrorism by a radical Islamic man. Going on about guns (when the administration under him can't get their shit together on background checks) and subsequently, most of the media hesitating to call this a jihadist attack. Gay Pride month falls the same time as Ramadan each year. Muslims believe that actions done during Ramadan increase your reward in Heaven by 10. In the case of radicals, I suppose they believe you'll get 720 virgins, but either way June is a heightened month of scrutiny across the world for the clash of GLBT pride and Ramadan. Pretending this correlation doesn't exist is infuriating.

4) The leaders and law enforcement trying to paint this as a "hate crime". The media running with the father's quotes that it was due to him seeing men kissing last month with his wife and son. Failing to bother with fact-checking, when he hasn't had a wife for 5 years according to records. So either he's remarried but somehow the government also lost those records, and he has a child and the government also lost those records... or admitting at least it doesn't make a damn bit of sense. It has nothing to do with a fucking hate crime, unless you connect the dots and finally say that this is an extremist who's very doctrine asks them to commit hate crimes. This lone wolf explanation is seriously retarded.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
BigFoot, Bletch, lesslis2015, TheFallOfTroyML, vagabond, VanDammesScream, wmbondurant
The Following Users Disliked This Post By RealityUnfolding:
Sliminaus
Old 06-13-2016, 05:57 AM
danielsan1971
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:393
male
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 467 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 5/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss1840

R.I.P

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
1465807079.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to danielsan1971 For This Useful Post:
Jagwa, Kinky_John, vagabond
The Following Users Disliked This Post By danielsan1971:
Sliminaus
Old 06-13-2016, 07:17 AM
pierrot~hime
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:14343

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Seriously, 15 pages of Amerifags vs Eurofags pointing their finger at one another? Not sure if I'm entertained or disappointed.

The Following User Says Thank You to pierrot~hime For This Useful Post:
derpqwerty
The Following 8 Users Disliked pierrot~hime For This Post:
alan_dynamite, BadmouthBetty, Bletch, genericname79, GODISNOTGREAT, Kksmiles, LadyCPlum, vagabond
Old 06-13-2016, 07:45 AM
Coreym07
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2382
Dick In A Box

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss115
Re: PULSE Nightclub Orlando Under Hostage Situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCPlum View Post
Ummm....why??????
I meant my post, I accidentally double posted.

Old 06-13-2016, 08:56 AM
bexinthecity
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3343
Female

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss64

More shit on this thread than in my toilet. Let's just now forget that 50 people died regardless of their sexuality and a man perpetrated it regardless of his religion.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bexinthecity For This Useful Post:
alan_dynamite, LadyCPlum, lozzy_ash, madnurse, pierrot~hime
The Following 3 Users Disliked bexinthecity For This Post:
BryanXavier, Oswald2001, RealityUnfolding
Old 06-13-2016, 09:42 AM
RealityUnfolding
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:971
Female
Contributions: 14

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssssss454

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexinthecity View Post
More shit on this thread than in my toilet. Let's just now forget that 50 people died regardless of their sexuality and a man perpetrated it regardless of his religion.
When someone commits a crime purely in the name of their religion, I think it's rather relevant...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to RealityUnfolding For This Useful Post:
BryanXavier, LadyCPlum, lolly pop, vagabond, vipersna, wmbondurant