Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528
4 Year Old Kills 6 Year Old With Gunshot to Head *Updated*

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9059024&parentId=9015992&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9059024&parentId=9015992&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

When I posted this, I was not aware that the victim died. So sad

NJ Toddler Shoots Friend: 4-Year-Old Fires Rifle Hitting Friend in Head

Jon Campbell, Christian Post Contributor
April 9, 2013|7:14 pm

A NJ toddler has shot his friend with a .22 rifle, in what appears to be a tragic accident this week.

The young victim was six year old friends, and he was accidentally shot by his four year old friend, leaving him in critical condition and fighting for his life.

The incident took place in the New Jersey town of Toms River, which is about 70 miles away from New York City.

According to reports, the young victim was rushed to hospital following the accident and he remains there receiving medical treatment in critical condition.

Authorities have described that the boy's parents were outside with the boys when one of them went into the house. However, when he emerged back to the garden he was holding the loaded rifle.

Before anyone could do anything, the boy managed to set off the trigger and a single bullet was fired, hitting his young friend in the head.

According to reports, a neighbor of the residence where the accident took place has criticized the toddler's father for keeping a loaded rifle where such a young boy could reach it.

Neighbors have reported to media that the victim was sitting in a go-kart playing in the garden when the four year old shot him.

The victim's uncle, Daniel Watkins, has explained that the boy is in a critical but stable condition. He has said, "It's really difficult to deal with. This is something that shouldn't have happened."

The parents of the NJ toddler could face criminal charges, police said. New Jersey allows for gun owners to be held criminally liable if a minor is able to get hold of a loaded firearm.

The incident comes just a day after reports emerged about another four year old managing to get his hands on a family gun and shooting dead a woman.

In that incident the four year old killed a 48 year old woman in Lebanon, Wilson County at the weekend.

The victim was the wife of a Wilson County Sheriff's Office deputy. She was shot dead after the child got hold of a gun at a family cookout event.

Reports describe that Josephine G. Fanning and the toddler went into a bedroom in the home where husband Daniel Fanning was showing a handgun to another guest at the residence. However, the young child got hold of the gun, which was apparently placed down on a bed, and unwittingly fired a shot that hit Josephine. Emergency services were immediately called to the scene, but she was pronounced dead at the home, according to The Tennessean.

The gun was the deputy's own personal gun and not a police issued firearm, according to reports.

The child was reportedly a relative of the deputy and the victim, although their exact relationship was not immediately verified.

The incidents have sparked further debate on gun control laws.

Read more at http://www.christianpost.com/news/nj...JgkFUcA1IYT.99

*UPDATE*

By WALTER PEREZ

TOMS RIVER, N.J. - April 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Officials say the 6-year-old boy who was shot by his 4-year-old playmate in Toms River, New Jersey died Tuesday night, at approximately 9:10 P.M.

The shooting happened in the yard of a home on McCormick Drive in Toms River, Ocean County.

Police say the two children played outside the shooter's house most of the day on Monday. But just after 6:30 p.m. the 4-year-old took a loaded .22 caliber rifle from his parents' home and shot the 6-year-old in the head.

The 4-year-old's mother called 9-1-1 and the victim was airlifted to the hospital.

The victim was flown to Jersey Shore Medical Center where he died Tuesday night from his injuries.

The shooters family did return home on Monday but did not want to talk.

Today, we spoke with the victim's uncle, Daniel Watkins who told Action News, "The bullet went into his head."

Daniel Watkins is asking everyone to keep his family in their thoughts and prayers.

"It's really difficult to deal with, something that should have never happened...It's horrible," said Watkins.

Family friend Danella Magiera says the victim's aunt told her, it started out as innocent child's play. "They were playing, I guess pretend like shooting and the little boy, I guess knew where the gun was and got it, because he didn't know."

Neighbors agree that both children are innocent but they also want to know why the 4 year old had access to a loaded rifle.

Investigators say police left the home with several firearms, they found inside the home.

Neighbor, Debbie Coto, said, "I'm angry about the dad that he had these guns, because they took more out last night. The cops were here all night long."

Another neighbor, Elaine Isaacson said, "If a person in a family has a gun, lock the darn thing up."

There have been no charges have been filed, so far, in the case.

Police and prosecutors say they are working to gather evidence to move forward. They need to find out exactly where the gun was in the home.

Ocean County Prosecutor, Joseph Coronato, says, "There's been no discussions made one way or another on how we are going to proceed, other than, we are collecting all the facts and once we get all the facts, we'll make a determination."

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel, gatagato, Megamel29, Pyramid_Head
Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029
Re: 4 Year Old Kills 6 Year Old With Gunshot to Head

How the hell do you charge a 4 yr old?

Old 04-09-2013, 11:32 PM
cas91
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:15652

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

A 4 yr old has no real grasp on reality. It is up to the parents to protect the children. As in this article, the parents are "possibly" facing criminal charges, as they should be! And I am not against guns, whatsoever. I am against, however, them being with in reach of children...fucking loaded ( how fucking dumb can you be?!?). It's sad that is happening. I pray for the children involved.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cas91 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, gatagato, kellyhound, Megamel29, pbaj12
Old 04-09-2013, 11:33 PM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899

This is why I don't have guns.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, Flaka, Insideoutbodies
Old 04-09-2013, 11:45 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Jeez that is sad. I am all for responsible gun ownership. This is not at all responsible. That kid shouldn't have been able to access a loaded gun.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
blue devil, diamondsmiles, gatagato, Kanda444
Old 04-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
How the hell do you charge a 4 yr old?
Why would they charge the 4 year old? They are looking at his parents who failed to secure the gun in a safe unreachable area. If anything, the father will be charged with manslaughter.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Jeez that is sad. I am all for responsible gun ownership. This is not at all responsible. That kid shouldn't have been able to access a loaded gun.
complacency has no place in gun ownership....it's sad that gun owners forget that.

cas91, diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 04-10-2013, 07:38 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21528

Quote:
Originally Posted by cas91 View Post
A 4 yr old has no real grasp on reality. It is up to the parents to protect the children. As in this article, the parents are "possibly" facing criminal charges, as they should be! And I am not against guns, whatsoever. I am against, however, them being with in reach of children...fucking loaded ( how fucking dumb can you be?!?). It's sad that is happening. I pray for the children involved.

The little ones are climbers so they have to be both high and locked.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Insideoutbodies, Megamel29
Old 04-10-2013, 10:52 PM
cas91
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:15652

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssssss3

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsmiles View Post
The little ones are climbers so they have to be both high and locked.
Absolutely :)

Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Part of me wants to own a gun. The rest of me worries one of my nieces or nephews will get their hands on it. I live alone, but what if? I could never live with myself if something happened to one of my babies with a gun I owned.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
cas91, diamondsmiles, Kanda444