Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524
4 Year Old Boy Killed by Giant Tombstone

A 4-year-old boy is dead after a large tombstone toppled onto him while his family and some friends gathered to take pictures at a historic cemetery in a Utah ski resort town.

Carson Dean Cheney was at the Glenwood Cemetery in Park City on Thursday evening when the 6-foot-tall headstone detached from its base and fell on him, Park City police Capt. Phil Kirk said Friday. The headstone was about 4 inches thick and weighed hundreds of pounds.

"There's still so much disbelief and sorrow and anguish," the boy's grandmother Geri Gibbs told The Associated Press. "We just keep waiting for the door to open up and Carson to come through, a happy little boy."

She said Carson was just about to enter kindergarten, loved to ride his bike and was "full of life."

Investigators were still probing the incident Friday.

Gibbs said the boy and his family were visiting from Lehi, about an hour away, and were at the old cemetery while his father took photos of friends and relatives.

The boy was holding onto the headstone when some metal connecting it to the pedestal broke, Gibbs said.

She said it took three men to pull the slab off the boy, and rescuers "did everything they could possibly do."

The child suffered injuries to his head, chest and abdomen and was taken to the nearby Park City Medical Center, where he died a short time later.

Curtis Morley is a family friend and works with the boy's father, Zac Cheney, at a professional services firm in Salt Lake City. He said Zac Cheney does photography in his spare time and was shooting portraits at the cemetery because of its extensive landscaping.

Morley said some of the children being photographed were not being responsive, so Carson tried to help his dad by pretending to be leprechaun and making them laugh. Morley said the boy went behind a tombstone and was playfully poking his head out from behind it when it fell on him.

"Carson passed away while trying to make others smile," Morley said.

Park City Police Chief Wade Carpenter said the heavy, coarse stone marked the grave of someone who died in the 1800s.

Bruce Erickson, president of the Glenwood Cemetery Association, said the private, five-acre cemetery around the corner from Park City Mountain Resort was founded by a society of silver miners in 1885, and many of the tombstones are at least 100 years old. The cemetery is open to the public and still accepts burials of people connected to the mining society.

Erickson said no funerals were held there Thursday.

New burials happen maybe just once a year, he said, and families are responsible for maintaining the headstones. Erickson said the cemetery likely will be closed through the weekend.

A funeral for the boy is set for Tuesday. Morley said a memorial fund has been set up at Zions Bank.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
boy.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
kellyhound
Old 07-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Sandbwoy
Offline:
My Rank: GUNNERY SERGEANT
Poster Rank:445
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1471
Re: 4 Year Old Boy Killed by Giant Tombstone

WWF wrestler The Undertaker's finishing move is called the 'tombstone' (example below). When I read the title of the thread "killed by giant tombstone" I couldn't help but imagine someone being killed by this move. Ridiculous, I know.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
tombstone.jpg  

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbwoy For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 07-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbwoy View Post
WWF wrestler The Undertaker's finishing move is called the 'tombstone' (example below). When I read the title of the thread "killed by giant tombstone" I couldn't help but imagine someone being killed by this move. Ridiculous, I know.
wow i forgot how homoerotic wrestling is

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brometheus For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, diamondsmiles, kanda444, kellyhound, Kinky_John, Oswald2001
Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

the evil side of me wants to say, if i was a tombstone, id want to kill that creature in that pic.. seriously, look at him..lol.. the good side of me is sad for the parents..

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Brometheus:
BIGJon205
Old 07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Sandbwoy
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post
It's very disturbing. Big sweaty men in tight clothes rolling around on the floor and grabbing each other. And this is the kind of thing my nephews love to watch

The Following User Says Thank You to Sandbwoy For This Useful Post:
Brometheus
Old 07-07-2012, 04:52 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21524

What about the scantilly clad females? They aren't that many of the guys who are gay.

Can't watch wrestling anymore! It hurts my eyes! It used to be good about 25 years ago!

UT should have hung it up years ago. He comes back once a year to win at WM, then goes away.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
It's very disturbing. Big sweaty men in tight clothes rolling around on the floor and grabbing each other. And this is the kind of thing my nephews love to watch
lol ughh.. yea i used to watch it a lot. then i reached high school.. i was more into the storylines. it was like a GUY soap opera. now im an adult and dont watch it at all.. maybe when i have sons and im sure they'll be into that shit. would be nice to see who and who are still wrestling and how they've aged.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Sandbwoy
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1471

I don't mind watching wrestling with them when the scantily clad females come into it haha. They have some beauties these days.

The Undertaker was wrestling when I was a kid, I'm surprised he's still going at all. How old is that guy? He must be knocking on 60. Mind you, if I could get paid what they get paid, I'd be tempted to carry on with it as long as I could!

Old 07-07-2012, 04:59 PM
kanda444

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 0/20
Today Posts
sssssssss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brometheus View Post

Old 07-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

Quote:
I don't mind watching wrestling with them when the scantily clad females come into it haha. They have some beauties these days.

The Undertaker was wrestling when I was a kid, I'm surprised he's still going at all. How old is that guy? He must be knocking on 60. Mind you, if I could get paid what they get paid, I'd be tempted to carry on with it as long as I could!
beauties? does that include the big hard plastic tits?.. i liked a couple of them. like stacy keebler and some other tiny chick with perky tits. forgot her name.