Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566
Re: 32-yo Newlywed & Father-to-be, Paralyzed, Chooses Exit

I can't blame the poor guy. That's no way to live, good thing he had a choice.

The Following User Says Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 11-23-2013, 08:40 PM
Bleeed.exe
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Contributions: 7

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3457

"He was ready to go to heaven, he was ready for God."

He won't be disappointed. Guaranteed

The Following User Says Thank You to Bleeed.exe For This Useful Post:
rapeWhistle
Old 11-24-2013, 04:01 AM
rapeWhistle
Offline:
Hand of the King
Poster Rank:15
Standing by...
Contributions: 53

Mentioned: 479 Post(s)
Quoted: 21586 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
17/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelseecat65 View Post
First off, this will get some groans, but no sympathy for Bambi killers.

Secondly, ending ones life should be reserved for the terminally ill. At least give it some time & meet your child, don't just bail because you don't want to be in a wheelchair.

I'm thinking of all the terminally ill people who would give their right arm to live another day, even if it meant being in *gasp* a wheelchair.

A dear friend & paramedic I use to work with was paralyzed in an auto accident while transporting a patient to the hospital. He had no use of his arms/legs and could not breathe on his own. Yet, he fought to stay alive, & for two years he did just that. Two more years with his wife & children.
First off, let's hear your opinion on 'Bambi' after one of those hooved-rodents totals out your car one day. They're 4-legged food, they're all assholes, and they're extremely overpopulated in the US. Grow up.

Second, if nothing else in this world we should have control over our lives and our body. If the man didn't want to "live" as a sentient vegetable or burden his family emotionally and financially then it should be his choice to end things on his own terms.
Sucks for his family.

i'm not sure i'd have the patience to deal with an aging pig.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:03 AM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
First off, let's hear your opinion on 'Bambi' after one of those hooved-rodents totals out your car one day. They're 4-legged food, they're all assholes, and they're extremely overpopulated in the US. Grow up.

Second, if nothing else in this world we should have control over our lives and our body. If this man didn't want to go through life paralyzed or burden his family emotionally and financially that's his choice to end things.
Sucks for his family.
Deer are assholes? Can animals be assholes?

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
IC10021
Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Vedderman
Offline:
Curmudgeonly Moderator
Poster Rank:219
Country Trash
Contributions: 119

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3976

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapeWhistle View Post
That argument will cycle round and about until both sides are blue in the face. My immediate response would be "If leeching, creeping, invasive humans hadn't spread like a festering cancer all over the planet, building our roads and highways right through these animals' natural habitats, you wouldn't be totalling out your gas-guzzling piece of shit when you run into them in the road, as they dart about, confused and disoriented by the noise, lights, and thundering objects barreling heedlessly along."

I have about four dozens further responses after that one, but I'm not going to bother derailing the thread any further for it other than to say that it is the height of misplaced hubris to mistakenly assume that, in the grand scheme of the universe, there is any more intrinsic value attached to our petty, greedy, grasping lives than there is on the lives of those deer.

As to the second point, I am inclined to agree. Each man should indeed have the right and freedom to take himself out of the equation at will. I'm not questioning his inherent right to do so. But he is a short-sighted, low-thinking fool to make such an irreversible decision that impacts so many besides him, in the span of a mere 24 hours. Christ, the guy was probably still 90% out of his mind on pain meds when he 'removed himself from life support.'

Most Americans spend many weeks of deliberation and thought before deciding which house to buy. Spending less than 24 hours to decide to end your existence due to a physical ailment is ridiculous by comparison. My grandfather came home from Peleliu during WWII with wheelchair-binding injuries and still managed to live until the 21st century where he died in his 80's, surrounded by almost two dozen loving grandchildren.

This guy assessed his potential 'quality of life' in drug-laden haze of depression, panic, and confusion and made an irrevocable decision that will impact his entire family for generations. Weak.

The Following User Says Thank You to Vedderman For This Useful Post:
IC10021
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Vedderman:
rapeWhistle