female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss351
Re: 3-Year-Old Braelynn Rayne Coulter Killed By Pit Bull

Dogs often see themselves superior to children. I think people are treating their pets too much like a human. These are still animals. Aggression can be a form of hierarchy. Small children should always be watched very closely around any animal.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luciddrmr For This Useful Post:
BBKF, CrunchyCripple, daughterofthenight, Illusion, rapeWhistle, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-31-2014, 03:14 PM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16136 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss88618

America!

Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Son Finds Mother Dead From Pit Bull Attack
April 1, 2014 3:55 PM

KAUFMAN (CBSDFW.COM) - A woman was found dead at her home in Kaufman on Monday afternoon, and police believe that pit bulls are responsible for the killing. It was around 4:45 p.m. when authorities were called to a residence in the 1400 block of East First North Street.

When police arrived at the scene, they discovered 85-year-old Dorothy Hamilton dead in the living room of her home. Investigators also found a pair of aggressive pit bulls inside of the house. Animal control put down the two dogs that were inside the house when police found Hamilton.

A statement released by the Kaufman Police Department on Tuesday stated, “It appeared that the animals had attacked Hamilton.”
Authorities said that the dogs were being held in a bedroom, but it looks as though they broke down the door in order to attack the woman.

“We learned from her son the dogs living inside the door has been pushed open and the dogs got in with the elderly lady,” said Chief Dana Whitaker with Kaufman police.

The victim’s son was keeping a group of pit bulls at the home for several months. A neighbor said he found his deceased mother.
A total of eight pit bulls — including the two dogs thought to have attacked Hamilton — were taken from the property. There have been no charges filed in the case at this time.

An autopsy will determine Hamilton’s exact cause of death.

The Following User Says Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr
Old 04-02-2014, 12:52 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

"An autopsy will determine Hamilton’s exact cause of death."

is there even enough left to even try besides toxicology?

omg..... after those videos you brought to my attention a few threads ago (yes thats a measurement of time) I am horrified for kids and old people, yes anyone for that matter but there is a heightened level of defenselessness with elderly and kids.....

Old 04-02-2014, 02:32 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

So a guy was keeping 8 dogs at his 85 year old mother's house? And he wasn't there when it happened?
That's nice.

Why would someone have 8 dogs anyway?
Breeding operation? Lame attempt at rescue/foster?

It's possible that the dogs broke in(out?) and attacked her. It's also possible that she had a heart attack and the predation took place after her death(common with pets and deceased people). It's easy for a medium sized dog to break through an interior door. It could have happened after her death(or before).

It could be that the two dogs got in a fight and she tried to get in the middle.

All sorts of things could have happened - that's why they have to do an autopsy. Just because she's dead, doesn't mean that she was torn into little pieces. The article seems to be filled with quite a bit of fluff and opinion, waiting for the facts.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, TwistedSisterr
Old 04-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
So a guy was keeping 8 dogs at his 85 year old mother's house? And he wasn't there when it happened?
That's nice.

Why would someone have 8 dogs anyway?
Breeding operation? Lame attempt at rescue/foster?

It's possible that the dogs broke in(out?) and attacked her. It's also possible that she had a heart attack and the predation took place after her death(common with pets and deceased people). It's easy for a medium sized dog to break through an interior door. It could have happened after her death(or before).

It could be that the two dogs got in a fight and she tried to get in the middle.

All sorts of things could have happened - that's why they have to do an autopsy. Just because she's dead, doesn't mean that she was torn into little pieces. The article seems to be filled with quite a bit of fluff and opinion, waiting for the facts.

The cops shot the 2 pits in the house where the lady was killed. What do you think happened ffs?

More on the story...

Quote:
KAUFMAN, TX (KLTV) - Eight dogs have been confiscated from an East Texas property after police say two of them mauled an elderly woman.

According to the Kaufman Police Department, 85-year-old Dorothy Hamilton of Kaufman was found dead inside her home in the 1400 block of E. First North Street at approximately 4:48 p.m. Monday. Hamilton's son discovered her body in the living room of the home and called 911.

Tuesday, the dog crates and cages sat empty at Hamilton's home. Family members were overwhelmed to learn that she was mauled by her son's pit bull dogs.

"It scared me really. I was just shocked when I found out about it," said Michael Eldrige, Hamilton's cousin.

"When I came out here they were still vicious because they chased me out of the yard," recalled Tina Burley, another cousin of Hamilton.

Neighbors said they complained about they dogs that lived at the home because they were in violation of a city ordinance. According to the Kaufman city website, homeowners are allowed a maximum of four domestic pets inside the city limits, where Hamilton lived.

"Having that many dogs is a problem. We've complained a million times about that many dogs," explained neighbor James Langston.

Langston said he was home Monday afternoon and heard the dogs fighting.

"I saw one of the dogs bleeding really bad," said Langston.

Not long after Langston heard fighting, he says the victim's son came home.

"He came out of the house and said his mama was dead. He said the dogs had killed his mama and I told him... I said, 'Man don't be playing with us like this,' and he said, 'No. My mama is dead,'" recalled Langston.

Kaufman Police Chief Dana Whitaker said capturing the dogs was a struggle.

"They're heavy-built dogs and they're hard to handle. We had to be careful not to get ourselves hurt," Whitaker said.

Whitaker said the two dogs who mauled Hamilton were being kept separate from the others in a back bedroom.

"It looked like they had broken through the door and got the victim," explained Whitaker.

However, Hamilton's family said that she was used to the animals and she was not afraid of them. Now they're left to wonder why the dogs turned on her.

"She was sweet, kind, she always treated me good...with respect and everything. She was a lovable person for this to happen to her," said Burley.

An autopsy is supposed to explain whether or not Hamilton was killed by the dogs, or if she died of natural causes and was attacked after death. The Kaufman Police Department said the city ordinance that prohibits a homeowner from having more than four domestic pets is in effect. Police explained that they didn't know the dog's owner was violating the ordinance.

Video

TwistedSisterr
Old 04-02-2014, 03:42 PM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 891 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
the lady was killed alive by the pits..
Now that takes skill

Old 04-02-2014, 03:51 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★

Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25942

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Now that takes skill
You're faster than my edit button.. You need to slow down young lady.. ; )

invertigo
Old 04-02-2014, 04:00 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2031

I already posted what I think might have happened.

Lots of dogs are shot by police in their own homes/yards. Being aggressive towards cops is not proof that they killed the woman.

If the neighbor heard the dogs fighting, that may have been what triggered the event.

Breaking out of the room very well could have not been related to the death/killing.

The woman not being afraid of the dogs doesn't mean shit. That doesn't mean they were well balanced, good dogs. If there are 8 dogs on the property, what are the odds this guy and his mom had time to train even HALF of them?

I've got 3 dogs and it's just me. They take a lot of work.

A lot of dogs will redirect during a fight. If you touch/grab them while they're going at it, they may turn their attention on you and continue their attack without even realizing it.

While well bred pit bulls rarely redirect during a fight - the odds of these being well bred is very slim.

It's never smart to lock two dogs in a room together. It's never smart to leave one, let alone TWO dogs in the care of someone who's too weak to handle them.

Only an idiot would lock two pit bulls together in a room with out adequate supervision. An old lady does not qualify.

Stupid people shouldn't have dogs. I guess it's too late to do anything about that, though.

Old 04-02-2014, 04:20 PM
Olivia
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:46

Mentioned: 122 Post(s)
Quoted: 9973 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss18903

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
I already posted what I think might have happened.

A lot of dogs will redirect during a fight. If you touch/grab them while they're going at it, they may turn their attention on you and continue their attack without even realizing it.

While well bred pit bulls rarely redirect during a fight - the odds of these being well bred is very slim.

Stupid people shouldn't have dogs. I guess it's too late to do anything about that, though.
I have lived with Pits. And I have lived with some other alpha breeds. I am not naming those breeds because I don't want to cause any backlash about someone's *breed of choice*.

Fact is, a well bred and balanced Pit will react to a human's RE-direction without showing ANY aggression towards said human. And there are ways to test this on any dog.

The American Pit Bull Terrier was originally bred to fight in a pit. These dogs were bred for their physical power AND their mental stability. Fact is, the dogs of yesteryear where incredible examples of well bred and well balanced. A dog fighter was not going to waste his money on a dog he could not remove from a red zone situation for fear of being attacked. That said dog would be absolutely useless.

Backyard breeding has come full circle and there is nothing worse for any breed. People who know nothing about the genetic makeup of the ancestors of the dogs they are breeding. They take bitch A who is as unstable as hell and breeds to stud A who's ancestors have a history of attacking humans...... which the ass-wipe breeder does not know nor cares. Let's just bring more powerful UNSTABLE dogs into this world.

The APBT is a breed that has been vomited upon. It would be better for the breed to become extinct.
Too much damage has been done.

The dog was bred to fight. To try and breed this completely out of it is negating the basis FOR this breed.

Fighting dogs is a very bad thing. But bad things and bad people will continue to make what they want as available as they can.

It is the animal that suffers. And that is very sad.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olivia For This Useful Post:
CrunchyCripple, ForgetMeNot, TwistedSisterr