Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2031
Re: 3-Year-Old Braelynn Rayne Coulter Killed By Pit Bull

I think you're screwed if you run into them with an aggressive dog, no matter the breed. An uneducated person and an aggressive dog is a disaster waiting to happen.

Many stupid people have soft dogs and nothing ever becomes of it. Wrong dog with the wrong person tends to end in bloodshed.

No matter the breed.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, JustifiableHomicide, Kelseecat65, Pyramid_Head, rapeWhistle, tbone79, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-28-2014, 08:23 PM
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:104

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 4830 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575

Any. Dog. Can. Attack.

Eight-year-old boy ‘lucky to be alive’ after Border Collie mauls his head

An eight-year-old boy is 'lucky to be alive' after he was horrifically mauled by a Border Collie.
Cameron Whithers was playing with his great aunt's dog Dexter, at her house, when the collie suddenly locked its jaws onto his head and bit his face, arm and fingers.
What makes the attack all the more shocking is that Border Collies are normally known as being incredibly intelligent and loyal.
It comes days after the savage attack by a black Labrador, also a traditionally 'friendly' breed, on a three-year-old.

Only the quick actions of his father Wayne saved Cameron, who needed surgery following the mauling and has been left with scars on his head.
Cameron's mother Sarah Edgington, 36, said her son was 'lucky to be alive' after the attack in West Bromwich.
She said: 'It was absolutely horrendous. He was just playing catch in the back garden with his dad and the dog just went for him.'

She added: 'It mauled him and he has had to have surgery on the back of his head. The police officer said he hadn't seen anything like it in 18 years.
'It bit his face, arm, fingers and badly on the back of his head. His dad saved his life but we were so close to having to go to his funeral.'
Cameron was taken to Sandwell Hospital and later transferred to Birmingham Children's Hospital for surgery. He is now recuperating at home.

Miss Edgington added: 'He is still in pain but his big brother is looking after him and we have been given creams to rub into his scalp to ease it. It is horrific.'
The mother, who is separated from 29-year-old Mr Whithers, said she was upset that no action was being taken against the dog involved. She said: 'The police have said that because the incident took place on private land there is nothing they can do and Wayne's aunt does not want to give up the dog so it is just carrying on as normal.'
The family is now considering giving up their own dog - a Pomeranian named Amber - even though Cameron has lived with the animal for four years.
She said: 'I have put her in a cage because I am just so afraid now.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...auls-head.html

DONORA, Pa. —A young boy was flown to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh after being attacked by dogs in Donora, Washington County. Family members say 6-year-old Julius Harvey will likely remain in the hospital for the rest of the week.

A young boy remains in the hospital after being attacked and mauled by a group of dogs. Pittsburgh's Action News 4 Reporter Matt Belanger spoke with his family and neighbors.

"I love them. I do. They saved his life,"said Carla Swoger, Harvey's great aunt.

Swoger cried as she hugged one of the people who helped pull the dogs off of Harvey, Gary Hoover, Jr.

"He was screaming like I didn't know what to do after for him I wish I could have done more after because of the pain," Hoover said.

Family members say Harvey was in surgery until early Thursday morning having reconstructive surgery on one of his ears. The boy also suffered severe injuries to one of his arms.

"He's a trooper. He's our little soldier. He's got so much support," Swoger said. "We're just glad he's still with us."

Meanwhile, the home on Thompson Avenue in Donora now has a "danger" notice posted, which tells the public that the home is unsafe for occupancy and may not be entered. Specific reasons for the warning were not released by borough officials.

"And I looked out and this poor little boy he was in the yard laying on the ground," said neighbor Carol Kelemen lives down the street from where the attack happened.

Kelemen says she heard screaming and came out of her house to try and pull some of the dogs off of the boy. She received two bite wounds on one of her legs and was taken to the hospital.

"I would rather he got bit than he because he couldn't move. I guess my motherly instinct kicked in," Kelemen said.

Neighbor Roni Scott said she also heard Harvey screaming on Wednesday night and ran outside with a broom to help.

Through tears, she said, "I couldn't help him. I did all I could but I couldn't help him. His ear, his face, abdomen -- injuries all over. They ripped his coat off. His face was messed up pretty bad."

Donora Borough police officer William Dennison said he was in the right place at the right time. Dennison said he pulled the boy off the ground and carried him to Scott's house to get him out of danger.

"There was another lady being attacked at the same time, so I actually thought upon arrival that she was the owner of the dogs," said Dennison. "So after I got the child inside the house, I ran back out and I grabbed her and I also took her back into the house too."

That woman ended up being a neighbor, Carol Keleman, who was trying to help. Her son, George, said Keleman has three bite marks on her leg and was taken by ambulance to be treated at Monongahela Valley Hospital.

"After I got the lady back in the house, they eventually retreated back to the house," Dennison said about the dogs.

He said he pepper-sprayed some of the animals, which continued to bite and jump at him while he carried the young boy to safety.

Animal Control took eight dogs from the home and caged them. Police say at least four were involved in the attack.

Neighbors say a woman named Brandy Pritchard lived at the house with at least some of the dogs.

Donora police continue to investigate but have not said if any of the dogs' owners will face charges.

Read more: http://www.wtae.com/sports/child-flo...#ixzz2xCvugdWA

A three-year-old boy could be scarred for life after he was savaged by a dog during a family picnic.
Logan Trim was left with horrific facial injuries when he was mauled by the black Labrador in a park at Poole Harbour, Dorset.
The attack was especially shocking as Labradors are known for having an excellent temperament and are friendly around children and other dogs, according to experts.

The youngster was left covered in blood, and needed 40 stitches to the wounds on his face after the shocking attack, which happened as his mother bent down to stroke a puppy.

The Labrador was not thought to be the puppy's mother.
Logan had been at the park with his mother Lara Slingsby, baby brother Eithan and his grandparents when they spotted a woman with a puppy and a black Labrador.

Miss Slingsby had walked over to stroke the puppy when the Labrador jumped on the three-year-old without warning, savaging the right side of his face. The 22-year-old carer, from Colehill, near Wimborne, said: 'The whole thing was just and was like something out of a horror film.
'Logan has had nightmares about it and has woken up saying "bad doggy, naughty doggy".
'If a dog does something like that to a child then it's likely to do it again.'

An ambulance was called to Whitecliff Park and his mother tried to stem the blood with Eithan's muslin. Logan was taken to Poole Hospital where he underwent surgery for his wounds. Stitches were sewn into his face from the bottom of his eye to the middle of his mouth, and his cheek swelled to the size of tennis ball. He now faces being scarred for life.
Miss Slingsby and her children had gone to the seaside park with her parents, Tricia, 45, and Paul, 46, to enjoy the sunshine.
She said: 'We had been in the park for a family day out as it was lovely and sunny.
'We had a picnic and Logan had just got off the swings in the park because his granddad had gone to the car to get his kite.
'We saw a lady sat down about 40 feet away. She had the dog, which looked like a Labrador, and a puppy with her.
'It wasn't a pitbull or a Staffordshire bull terrier that you would think would be dangerous.
'She saw us and smiled so we walked over to her. Logan was a couple of steps behind me. The dog was off the lead and right next to a children's park so I assumed it would be fine.
'I put my hand up to the Labrador dog and it sniffed my hand and then I went over to the puppy.
'I didn't see what happened but Logan wasn't running or shouting and didn't do anything to provoke it.
'The next thing I knew I heard growling and screaming. I looked around and saw Logan lying on the floor. The dog was just getting off him.
'The woman grabbed hold of the dog and started apologising.
'I picked Logan up and took him to the nearest bench. My dad came running over and a lady nearby called an ambulance.

'Logan's face was covered in blood, it was everywhere. His T-shirt was covered in it. He was screaming and he went into shock.
'It was hard because I just wanted to break down, but you don't want to worry them. They know something is wrong if mum's crying.
'He had two big gashes on his lip and another gash below his nose. His lip swelled right up.
'It was devastating and I was terrified.'
Miss Slingsby said that the woman owner of the Labrador - which was called Sammy - apologised to the Logan's mother and handed over her phone number.

She added: 'Logan is recovering now and is back running around and playing and his face has healed. Because he is so young his skin should heal but he is definitely going to have some scarring.'
She also said that after the attack the woman owner called a man who arrived minutes later and took the dog away.
She said she wants the dog, which is about one-year-old, destroyed, adding: 'You cannot trust the owner to keep it on a leash or a muzzle.

A spokesman for Dorset police said: 'On May 31 we received a report from the ambulance service that a child had received a dog bite to the face at Whitecliff park.
'The child was taken to hospital. Officers are investigating.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-Harbour.html

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JustifiableHomicide For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, daughterofthenight, ForgetMeNot, Raevynn, rapeWhistle, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-28-2014, 09:00 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:60
The Untrollable

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 9256 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Notice how the kids who were attacked by other breeds survived following the intervention of a third party.

Pit bulls, on the other hand, are much harder to pull off of someone once they latch on. The one that killed a 3-year-old in Houma this past week had to be shot 12 times by the responding officers before it went down.

So while any dog can attack, pit bulls do so with more tenacity and dedication.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
Amy, azdesertsnake01, BBKF, Clubhouse, Illusion, invertigo, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-28-2014, 09:17 PM
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss2031

Most pit bulls have a high tolerance for pain.
They are just dogs, though. A bullet that can kill a golden retriever will kill a pit bull. You have to hit it in a vital area to kill it. Brain, heart ect.

Shooting it to cause pain will not get it to let go if its in a frenzied state. Just like people kicking and punching their dogs to get them to stop fighting doesn't work as well as they'd like.

If you shoot something 11 times and kill it on the 12th shot, you're a shitty shot.

Personally, it seems that most people shouldn't have breeds/mixes that were created for high level activity. (There's a lot of breeds on that list!) It makes a high energy, tenacious animal.

When you're not on your toes with an animal like that, bad things can happen.

Also, having a high energy animal and not doing anything with it, can make them neurotic and increasingly unstable. Their frustrations can turn to aggression.

I think that happens quite a bit. Putting a dog in your yard does not fulfill its exercise, training and psychological stimulation needs.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
daughterofthenight, ForgetMeNot, JustifiableHomicide, Pyramid_Head, tbone79, TwistedSisterr
Old 03-28-2014, 10:17 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdesertsnake01 View Post
Yes, that's the age old excuse to get animals off for their bad behavior. It just couldn't be that they are a wild beast and not tamable could it? Do you think you can train a rattlesnake not to bite? If the answer is no, then that tells you that animals are NOT always tamable.

Pit bulls are known to snap no matter how well they are trained. And as I pointed out at least 4 times in the previous thread, why the fuck would I want to put my life in the hands of some idiot down the street who doesn't even teach his children proper etiquette? Yet I'm supposed to consider it a given that he has trained his killing machine dog properly?

Also as I pointed out before, sometimes when these dogs attack, they are doing EXACTLY as they are trained to do. So to say they aren't trained properly is a piss poor excuse at any rate.

I learned LONG ago to not consider common sense and knowledge a given when dealing with anyone. I stood in line at Mcdonald's for 5 minutes just yesterday as the new guy was taught by another employee HOW to pull the bills out of the drawer and give them back to me. NOT how to count the money back, but simply how to pull it out and which bill first.

The kid got confused and looked he was ready to quit on his first day, lol.

Then as I waited for my order 4 of the MC employees stood around the fry vat with the new guy arguing about how to best tell when the fries are considered done.

ANY one or all of them could be pit bull owners. Are they the ones that I should think automatically that they have trained their dog properly when me or someone's child walks by their house?
First of all your rattle snake comparison was just stupid beyond words. Secondly you just contradicted yourself with saying "Also as I pointed out before, sometimes when these dogs attack, they are doing EXACTLY as they are trained to do. So to say they aren't trained properly is a piss poor excuse at any rate." Um, training a dog to attack is poor training last time I looked. So what I said was true, these dogs are not trained properly.

But arguing with YOU is very pointless as you don't know when to move on. So go ahead and disagree and we'll all move on.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, daughterofthenight, ForgetMeNot, JustifiableHomicide
Old 03-28-2014, 10:23 PM
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
Notice how the kids who were attacked by other breeds survived following the intervention of a third party.

Pit bulls, on the other hand, are much harder to pull off of someone once they latch on. The one that killed a 3-year-old in Houma this past week had to be shot 12 times by the responding officers before it went down.

So while any dog can attack, pit bulls do so with more tenacity and dedication.
Actually Pits have a slightly below average strength(psi of a bite) in their jaw muscles compared to other dogs..

Testing has shown that the domestic dog averages about 320 lbs of pressure per square inch.

The highest pressure recorded from the Pit Bull was 235 lbs PSI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustifiableHomicide For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, daughterofthenight
Old 03-28-2014, 11:26 PM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustifiableHomicide View Post
Actually Pits have a slightly below average strength(psi of a bite) in their jaw muscles compared to other dogs..

Testing has shown that the domestic dog averages about 320 lbs of pressure per square inch.

The highest pressure recorded from the Pit Bull was 235 lbs PSI.
And that would be a fine rebuttal, had I actually been referring to jaw strength. But I wasn't; I was referring to how hard it is to get the dog to let go, not how hard it is to manually pry its jaws apart. If I'm not mistaken, you yourself said in another thread that pit bulls were bred to stay latched on once they had a solid grip. My point is that other breeds will release sooner when engaged by a third party. So its not about jaw strength; it's about dedication. If the pit bull by its very nature exhibits greater dedication when latched, then that alone makes it more dangerous than other unrelated breeds.

Also, what was the size of the sample from which that data was gleaned? You said "the pit bull," which implies that they only tested one. Doesn't the term "pit bull" refer to a wide variety of related breeds? And wouldn't jaw strength vary somewhat not only between different breeds of pit bull, but different individuals as well? It's entirely possible that some have stronger jaws than the one(s) tested, and others have weaker jaws. A larger sample size would mean more reliable data.

Old 03-29-2014, 12:35 AM
So Fucking Banned

Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Mike View Post
And that would be a fine rebuttal, had I actually been referring to jaw strength. But I wasn't; I was referring to how hard it is to get the dog to let go, not how hard it is to manually pry its jaws apart. If I'm not mistaken, you yourself said in another thread that pit bulls were bred to stay latched on once they had a solid grip. My point is that other breeds will release sooner when engaged by a third party. So its not about jaw strength; it's about dedication. If the pit bull by its very nature exhibits greater dedication when latched, then that alone makes it more dangerous than other unrelated breeds.

Also, what was the size of the sample from which that data was gleaned? You said "the pit bull," which implies that they only tested one. Doesn't the term "pit bull" refer to a wide variety of related breeds? And wouldn't jaw strength vary somewhat not only between different breeds of pit bull, but different individuals as well? It's entirely possible that some have stronger jaws than the one(s) tested, and others have weaker jaws. A larger sample size would mean more reliable data.
Every study I look at puts the Pits bite strength under the average for domesticated dogs.

Anyone with a dog should know how to separate their dog in a fight. Most of the deaths, pitbull or not caused by dogs are on unsupervised children.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JustifiableHomicide For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, daughterofthenight, rapeWhistle
Old 03-29-2014, 11:33 PM
AriaDonna
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1496
Female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss231

pit bulls are harmless creatures. yes they kill people in their own home more than any other breed but they really are angels. its the toddler's fault. we all know that. pit bulls are completely innocent, its the owners who kill

thats what all pit bull defender's say. but you are so avid on their innocence then why dont you rescue one and "save it". the point is pit bulls are more likely to attack. everyone knows that. they snap at nothing. I agree that ppl have pit bulls they cant be surprised when it attacks them or their own kids.

Old 03-30-2014, 02:46 AM
Metal Mike
Offline:
The Untrollable

Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss15388

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustifiableHomicide View Post
Every study I look at puts the Pits bite strength under the average for domesticated dogs.

Anyone with a dog should know how to separate their dog in a fight. Most of the deaths, pitbull or not caused by dogs are on unsupervised children.
Again, more bullshit.

I know this user has been banned as of this reply, so this is for anyone with a similar stance: the point I was making is that pit bulls refuse to disengage by virtue of their breeding. It's not a matter of "knowing how" to separate your dog when it's latched on. If the dog refuses to let go until it has been disabled, then no amount of know-how is going to change that.

Aside from that, what if the owner isn't present when the dog attacks? The owner can have all the knowledge and authority in the world over their animal, but it doesn't do a shit of good if they aren't around.

Aside from that, how is the average dog-owner supposed to know what his or her animal will respond to when it's attacking someone if the animal has never attacked someone before? The old saw of "my dog has never done anything like this before" has been repeated time and time again, so in such cases the owner has no prior experience from which to draw when intervention is attempted. Most people don't know what they themselves would do if they found themselves in a fight, so how can anyone reasonably expect the average dog-owner to know what's going through their pet's mind when it snaps on someone? You show me a dog-owner who can separate their animal from its victim with any degree of ease or efficiency, and I'll show you someone who owns a dog with a vicious temperament and a history of coinciding behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaDonna View Post
pit bulls are harmless creatures. yes they kill people in their own home more than any other breed but they really are angels. its the toddler's fault. we all know that. pit bulls are completely innocent, its the owners who kill

thats what all pit bull defender's say. but you are so avid on their innocence then why dont you rescue one and "save it". the point is pit bulls are more likely to attack. everyone knows that. they snap at nothing. I agree that ppl have pit bulls they cant be surprised when it attacks them or their own kids.
The girl in Houma I mentioned earlier was attacked by the family pet while the mother was home. It seems that a lot of people -- most of them without children of their own -- are under the impression that proper child supervision involves maintaining visual contact with your child at all times; according to them, making a sandwich in the kitchen while your child is sitting in front of the TV one room over is the definition of negligent parenting.

The Following User Says Thank You to Metal Mike For This Useful Post:
invertigo