Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25861
Re: 3-Year-Old Braelynn Rayne Coulter Killed By Pit Bull

11 dead by dog attack so far in 2014. 6 killed by ** Pit Bull type dogs / Pit Bull mixes, 3 killed by * Bull Mastiffs / Mastiff Mix, 1 killed by Shepherd Mix and Lab Mix and 1 killed by Rottweiler.

Child fatalities by dogs (7):
Kara Hartrich – 4 – Bloomington IL ** [Jan 17]
Je’vaeh Mayes – 2 – Temple TX ** [Feb 17]
Braelynn Coulter – 3 – High Point NC ** [Feb 25]
Summer Sears – 4 – Tallassee AL [Feb 26 - Shepherd Mix & Lab Mix]
Kenneth Santillan – 13 – Patterson NJ [28 Feb - * Bull Mastiff]
Raymane Robinson Jr. – 2 – Killeen TX [1 March - * Bull Mastiff]
Mia Derouen - 4 - Houma LA ** [March 25]

Adult fatalities by dogs (4):
Christina Bell-Burleson – 43 – Houston TX ** [Jan 5]
Annabell Martin - 80 - Corona CA [Jan 26 - 3 Rottweilers]
Klonda Richey – 57 – Dayton OH [Feb 7 – * Mastiff mixes]
Nancy Newberry - 77 - Phoenix AZ ** [Mar 15]

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
1912298_449109981859111_1323356283_n.jpg  

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
aintthatathing, Amy, BadAshly, BBKF, daughterofthenight, GOD's SADNESS, GODISNOTGREAT, invertigo, TwistedSisterr
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Illusion:
Pit Bull
Old 03-28-2014, 07:32 AM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Those people didn't raise the dog right. I grew up around Pit Bulls and I was never even growled at. I remember when I was 3, I would climb on and even pull the dog down with me, but the dogs never showed aggression.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
CuriousOne, daughterofthenight, fenek, hooverj, MadCore, Nwhite, rapeWhistle, SoloJoey, sprchrgdtrky, Stalker420, TwistedSisterr, winvens
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Pyramid_Head:
invertigo
Old 03-28-2014, 09:19 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 10919 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25861

This phrase is heard way too often regarding these dogs.

Quote:
The family said their pet had never been aggressive before.

You can own a pitbull, or you can raise a kid.

If you try to do both simultaneously, you're a gambler at best, criminally negligent at worst.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
Amy, BBKF, Jerdipski, Kelseecat65, tbone79
The Following 5 Users Disliked Illusion For This Post:
daughterofthenight, ForgetMeNot, iridopelma, Nwhite, Pit Bull
Old 03-28-2014, 10:43 AM
invertigo
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:258
I need a nap =|
Contributions: 43

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 890 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Those people didn't raise the dog right. I grew up around Pit Bulls and I was never even growled at. I remember when I was 3, I would climb on and even pull the dog down with me, but the dogs never showed aggression.
You leave that exact same callous line, blaming parents every time they lose a child to a dog attack. But the fact is, you have no idea how they raised him.
All it takes for a well trained dog to show sudden, out of character behaviors is an acute, undiagnosed neurological condition. Sudden acts of violence can be symptoms of both degenerative diseases (dementia, etc) &/or environmental trauma (like brain damage after head injuries that appear moderate enough not to warrant an immediate trip to the vet ) These parents are grieving and blaming themselves enough without you throwing it back in their faces with absolutely no insight to the animals actual history, just because of your own personal experiences

Amy, azdesertsnake01, GODISNOTGREAT, Illusion, Shattered AURA, Stalker420, twayblade, TwistedSisterr, yatter
The Following Users Disliked This Post By invertigo:
Pyramid_Head
Old 03-28-2014, 12:30 PM
TwistedSisterr
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:427
Tenacious Bigmouth
Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 619 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1601

holy shit
this is unreal, they are poppin up left and right...... I dont think this is just now really being publicized, I think there is a damn epidemic that cant be explained by anyone considering all the opposition goin on..... its not JUST negligent people and its not JUST "bad dogs".... something is changing and its beyond our comprehension.
my god she is just beautiful :(

Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Kelseecat65
Offline:
The Eternal Optimist
Poster Rank:26
Contributions: 29

Mentioned: 166 Post(s)
Quoted: 11715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss27615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
The family said their pet had never been aggressive before.

But a neighbor told the News & Record that, months ago, the pit bull had broken out of a fence and attacked another neighbor's dog.
Sounds like it had been aggressive in the past.

There are far too many cases of these dogs attacking children. Any parent with an ounce of common sense would err on the side of caution and NOT have one of these dogs around young children.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kelseecat65 For This Useful Post:
Amy, BBKF, Illusion, JustifiableHomicide, Pigeon, Pyramid_Head, TwistedSisterr
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Kelseecat65:
ForgetMeNot
Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12566

Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
You leave that exact same callous line, blaming parents every time they lose a child to a dog attack. But the fact is, you have no idea how they raised him.
All it takes for a well trained dog to show sudden, out of character behaviors is an acute, undiagnosed neurological condition. Sudden acts of violence can be symptoms of both degenerative diseases (dementia, etc) &/or environmental trauma (like brain damage after head injuries that appear moderate enough not to warrant an immediate trip to the vet ) These parents are grieving and blaming themselves enough without you throwing it back in their faces with absolutely no insight to the animals actual history, just because of your own personal experiences
Yea, because those parents are gonna see my post right? I have my own opinion on dog attacks and I believe this dog was very possibly not raised correctly.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
BadAshly, CuriousOne, fenek, Stalker420
Old 03-28-2014, 07:22 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:640
Male

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

[QUOTE=Illusion;4174239]A 3-year-old girl was attacked and killed by her family's pit bull on Monday.

Now now Illusion, you shouldn't be making up stories like this! We all know how innocent pit bulls are and there are some people on this site who will remind you of that! There are even charts and graphs to prove the point, lol! So a story like this CAN'T be real!

Now back to reality. It looks like we are in for a record breaking year of pit bull attacks. It's yet another example of how stupid and in denial mankind can be. ESPECIALLY when it comes to animals. How many is enough? HOW MANY pit bull attacks will it take before the majority stands up and says "There is a serious problem here".

I'm SO SICK of hearing about the "poor animal" when they attack someone. Save the dog! Save the dog! is the chant from the small brained but oversized heart people.

As far as I'm concerned pit bulls should be culled. They aren't good for anything but death and disfigurement. Stories like this are more proof that anyones "point of view" or pity for the animals is invalid when we see again and again what they are capable of.

If we put every pit bull story attack on this forum, there wouldn't be room for much else on here.

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
Illusion
The Following Users Disliked This Post By azdesertsnake01:
Nwhite
Old 03-28-2014, 07:24 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Sorry, accidental double posting!

Old 03-28-2014, 07:38 PM
azdesertsnake01
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
Yea, because those parents are gonna see my post right? I have my own opinion on dog attacks and I believe this dog was very possibly not raised correctly.
Yes, that's the age old excuse to get animals off for their bad behavior. It just couldn't be that they are a wild beast and not tamable could it? Do you think you can train a rattlesnake not to bite? If the answer is no, then that tells you that animals are NOT always tamable.

Pit bulls are known to snap no matter how well they are trained. And as I pointed out at least 4 times in the previous thread, why the fuck would I want to put my life in the hands of some idiot down the street who doesn't even teach his children proper etiquette? Yet I'm supposed to consider it a given that he has trained his killing machine dog properly?

Also as I pointed out before, sometimes when these dogs attack, they are doing EXACTLY as they are trained to do. So to say they aren't trained properly is a piss poor excuse at any rate.

I learned LONG ago to not consider common sense and knowledge a given when dealing with anyone. I stood in line at Mcdonald's for 5 minutes just yesterday as the new guy was taught by another employee HOW to pull the bills out of the drawer and give them back to me. NOT how to count the money back, but simply how to pull it out and which bill first.

The kid got confused and looked he was ready to quit on his first day, lol.

Then as I waited for my order 4 of the MC employees stood around the fry vat with the new guy arguing about how to best tell when the fries are considered done.

ANY one or all of them could be pit bull owners. Are they the ones that I should think automatically that they have trained their dog properly when me or someone's child walks by their house?

The Following User Says Thank You to azdesertsnake01 For This Useful Post:
TwistedSisterr