Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966
3 Killed in Shootings Near Texas A&M University

Quote:
(CNN) -- A Texas constable and two others were shot dead Monday in about a half an hour of gunfire near Texas A&M University, police said.

Scott McCollum, assistant chief with the College Station police department, told reporters Monday afternoon that the three people killed were the constable, the man authorities say exchanged gunfire with law enforcement officers and a male civilian.

The dead include Brian Bachmann, a constable in Brazos County, according to McCollum. The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund noted he is the sixth law enforcement official killed so far this year in Texas.

According to his Facebook campaign page, Bachmann was a 41-year-old from College Station who had been a Brazos County sheriff's deputy since 1993. The county's website indicated that his four-year term as constable -- a position that involves, among other duties, serving court documents such as eviction notices and subpoenas to citizens -- was set to expire on December 31, 2014.

College Station police identified the dead suspect as 35-year-old Thomas Caffall of Bryan, Texas."He was a pillar in this community, and it's sad and tragic that we've lost him today," McCollum said.The city of College Station on Monday night identified the suspect at the center of the standoff as 35-year-old Thomas Caffall.

On his Facebook page, Caffall indicates his hometown is nearby Bryan, Texas, but that he was living in College Station -- though he also described himself as "a cross between Forrest Gump and Jack Kerouac ... I'm on the road permanently.

"On a Facebook page purported to be by Caffall, three of the seven profile pictures are of rifles, three feature dogs and one shows a man in an image much like one distributed Monday night by the city of College Station. The writer indicates he is divorced and has a mother, sister and brother.

The page also includes a quote saying, "We are all capable of redemption, if we are willing to change," plus another he attributes to George Orwell stating, "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

"As to the third victim, described as a "civilian bystander," he was identified as 43-year-old Chris Northcliff of College Station. Police earlier had said he was 65 years old.<CITE class=expCaption> </CITE>Four others suffered injuries in the roughly 30-minute ordeal after law enforcement officers arrived at a residence a few blocks from the Texas A&M campus.

They included College Station police Officer Justin Oehlke, who was shot in the calf, and two other officers -- one of whom refused transport to an area hospital -- who suffered "non-life-threatening injuries," McCollum said. A 55-year-old female civilian who was shot was undergoing surgery Monday afternoon at a hospital, according to the assistant police chief.

He explained that police got a call shortly after 12:10 p.m. from a citizen indicating shots had been fired in the residential area just south of the university campus. He added that the constable had gone to the residence to deliver an eviction notice.Texas A&M issued a Code Maroon -- the university's emergency notification system -- at 12:29 p.m., telling people to avoid the area where there was a report of an "active shooter.

"By then, two law enforcement officers who were nearby had responded and found the constable down in the front yard of a home. They "received fire from the suspect inside, ... took cover and defended themselves," McCollum said, noting other officers were then called to the scene.

"They ended up shooting the gunman," said the assistant police chief.

At 12:44 p.m., Texas A&M posted another Code Maroon update on its website indicating the suspect was by then "in custody.

"Officer Jon Agnew with the Bryan Police Department -- a community that's adjacent to College Station -- noted the shooting occurred in a "residential area." He and McCollum said authorities were investigating, and they stressed that authorities had control of the scene.

"The area is secure," Agnew said. "We feel the community is safe for right now."
The suspect 35-year-old Thomas Caffall.

Faline, Sharon
Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 PM
K9Grip
Offline:
Ill Saint Hoodrat
Poster Rank:16
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 19389 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss40649
Re: 3 Killed in Shootings Near Texas A&M University

Facebook said this and FB said that, then FB said something else.

Old 08-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Brometheus
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:287
Contributions: 18

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2865

funny looking guy. looks related to james holmes.

Old 08-14-2012, 01:16 AM
Dennislp3
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:550

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1105

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these were shills. Lots of high profile shootings covered by the media in a tight window...I can see someone pulling strings to ban guns. Think I am crazy? Watch it happen. The president and the government already walk all over the constitution with excuses and half ass vague reasons.

Old 08-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Robert440
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:981
male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss443

i read Texas and then thought only 3 dead...in any other state there would be more dead......

Old 08-14-2012, 08:18 AM
bluepinktriangle
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1435

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennislp3 View Post
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if these were shills. Lots of high profile shootings covered by the media in a tight window...I can see someone pulling strings to ban guns. Think I am crazy? Watch it happen.
I Don't think you're crazy. There probably is people pulling stings in regards to these shootings.
BUT.
The difference between me and you is that i think guns should be banned.
Whats the point in a gun? Why is it produced? To kill people...

The Following User Says Thank You to bluepinktriangle For This Useful Post:
Sharon
The Following Users Disliked This Post By bluepinktriangle:
whitewolf583
Old 08-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51378

Yeah, guns should be banned

Old 08-15-2012, 05:01 AM
pbaj12
Offline:
Captain of a Sinking Ship
Poster Rank:887
Contributions: 14

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon. View Post
Yeah, guns should be banned
And criminals that already have them will turn them in

The Following User Says Thank You to pbaj12 For This Useful Post:
whitewolf583
Old 08-15-2012, 08:08 AM
peema
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1486

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss233

And knives, and knives too! Don't forget the knives.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peema For This Useful Post:
pbaj12, whitewolf583