Contributions: 3

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2802
Re: 29-Year-Old Deaf Woman Hears Her Voice for the First Time [VIRAL VIDEO]

It could be real. Her speach could have developed based on vibrations like you see piano players who are deaf. Even if it is fake its still a great feel good vid. Would it have been as good if I were blind or she was ugly? I hope so but who really knows.

The dream thread on here states that people who loose their sight later in life can see in their dreams but people born blind dont. I wonder if its the same with deaf people

Old 10-02-2011, 08:21 AM
SuceMaTub
Offline:
It's in the detail
Poster Rank:286
Male

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 682 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2874

Good to see solutions to problems that plague mankind. Let's keep that shit coming...

Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1756 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
14/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61178

cool

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDD7Ohs5tAk&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZDD7Ohs5tAk&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded &version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Old 10-02-2011, 10:45 PM
Plaguedwinds707
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5758

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

If you all actually read the story it said she used hearing aids when she was little. So she could hear before at some point.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:967
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454

God,you're a cynical bunch.Do you really think a hearing person would be foolish enough to pretend they're deaf and post it on the internet? There's always somebody with a camera phone who would catch you 'hearing' in real life and post the video to discredit you.At the very least,4chan would send her 100 pizzas.The internet has made the gap between public & private persona pretty negligible.If she was faking it somebody would have outed her by now.
I've heard her speak in longer interviews and its obvious to me she has a hearing impairment. She sounds a lot like a boy who went to my primary school.He was pretty deaf and spoke very well too.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 AM
collaredgirl65
Offline:
Smartest Retard
Poster Rank:127
Female

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss8016
Re: Baby Hears Mother's Voice for the First Time

That is one of those 'feel good' videos. Made me smile.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:46 AM
sayyanything
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:4007

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss47

Quote:
Originally Posted by icheerthebull View Post
The dream thread on here states that people who loose their sight later in life can see in their dreams but people born blind dont. I wonder if its the same with deaf people
I've always wondered what thinking to yourself is like if you've been born deaf. When I'm thinking to myself I hear my voice in my head but if you don't have any concept of spoken language or what sounds letters make then how does that work? I guess reading would be the same thing to.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drusilla View Post
God,you're a cynical bunch.Do you really think a hearing person would be foolish enough to pretend they're deaf and post it on the internet? There's always somebody with a camera phone who would catch you 'hearing' in real life and post the video to discredit you.At the very least,4chan would send her 100 pizzas.The internet has made the gap between public & private persona pretty negligible.If she was faking it somebody would have outed her by now.
I've heard her speak in longer interviews and its obvious to me she has a hearing impairment. She sounds a lot like a boy who went to my primary school.He was pretty deaf and spoke very well too.
Not saying she is pretending, i'm saying i find it hard to believe that it is her hearing for the first time. It's making out she was completely deaf and never heard before in her life.

When in actual fact i think she had an hearing impairment which means she has heard before with the help of hearing aids. She even goes on to admit she used hearing aids and they only helped so much, so that's basically admitting she has heard before.

That's my opinion based on my own experience with deaf people.