Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss22
Re: 28 dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmi View Post
I wish they'd bring back the old state hospitals for the severely mentally ill. They had their bad points, but overall it was good to house these really nutty people in and was secure. Now they all just live in the community with parents who enable and hide their sickness.
I agree. I have a mentally ill (schizophrenic) sister-in-law who has been in and out of mental hospitals for years now. She has outbursts that waste the time of ER doctors, policemen, firefighters, and the people she bothers on a regular basis with her shouting and ranting. She sometimes has long stays in the hospital (good for her), but sometimes the docs just let her go because of lack of beds or they just don't care. I love her, but I wish she could just be placed somewhere where she isn't a harm to herself or others. I mean, she's tried to kill herself, she has violent outbursts, AND she drives a car when she's not supposed to (she's on medications). She's gonna kill someone or be killed one day.

The Following User Says Thank You to fearlessjones For This Useful Post:
LadyCPlum
Old 12-29-2012, 02:44 PM
LadyCPlum
Offline:
My Rank: CAPTAIN
Poster Rank:137
All woman

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1265 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
9/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7197
Re: 28 dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

And now Senator Dianne Feinstein is introducing a bill stating that upon a person's death, if the person owns weapons, they will not be allowed to will their weapons to any family members or friends. Instead, the weapons will be turned over to the government to be destroyed. (She conveniently forgot to mention she holds a concealed carrier permit and has a firearm on her at almost all times). I trust the government with a cache of weapons as much as a trust a priest with an altar boy.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LadyCPlum For This Useful Post:
BostonPancake, pbaj12