Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 sssss5484
Re: 28 dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

Internet fraudsters are faking messages by Sandy Hook killer Adam Lanza

Quote:
Several newspapers ( 1, 2 etc. )have speculated that Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter Adam Lanza may have anonymously revealed to the internet what he planned to do.
Screenshots purportedly of posts on a 4chan message board show a user intending to kill himself in a way that will make the news on Friday morning, saying only that he lives in Conneticut (sic). The post is accompanied with an uncensored photo of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, the Columbine school killers, after they had committed suicide.
Click image for larger version

Name:	140_634x723.jpg
Views:	5015
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	416631

However, the screenshots are unquestionably fakes. Firstly, the timestamp of all posts to 4chan's "/b/" message board includes hours, minutes, and seconds – the last of which is not present in the suspected posts. Secondly and most importantly, individual posts within each 4chan board are incrementally assigned a unique number. The ones supposedly of Lanza are marked as 443521730 and 443522192 and dated Wednesday 12 Dec but, as a Free Republic forum member points out, there is a thread dated Friday 14 whose first message is numbered 443511730 (and is still there as I write this). In other words, Lanza's supposed messages were thousands of posts ahead of a number which had not been reached at the time and had yet to be reached two days later.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound, rabenson
Old 12-17-2012, 03:20 AM
speakyourmind
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:108

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss9192

Normally I could care less about the latest mass killing spree but this one was just too brutal. Effin' little babies, probably enjoying their last few days of school before the holiday break. I sincerely hope and pray that there is some sort of God and justice in the after life and this bastard is getting what he deserves and then some. Makes me think how fragile and fucked up this life can be.

RIP to all who lost their lives.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to speakyourmind For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles, kellyhound, LadyCPlum, pbaj12, Zambini
Old 12-17-2012, 03:26 AM
fenek
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1230
Male

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308
Re: Twenty children, 8 others dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemSaberhagen View Post
Americans cannot even begin to understand the level of disgust the rest of the western civilised world feels about them. They truly have no idea whatsoever. Not only do they have no health system they have no problems with mass shootings - hey, its just 'collateral damage' for their 'rights'. Right? Right? Sick!! I've been reading the comments backwards from page 12 and I'm only on page 10 now, but I have to stop because I am so speechless at the profound ignorance and head-in-the-sand stance from some in here, that I will feel a lot calmer and less frustrated if I stop reading the bullshit comments. I cannot even begin to reconcile how Americans think. Mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting - NEVER happens in the rest of the civilised western countries, Only In America. What does that tell you.
Its a sad day when the rest of the Western world can't comprehend American 'savagery', because that means they've clearly forgotten their own. Australia has a history of 'savagery' as well. From the Stolen Generation, something quite a few have argued was genocide, to even recently with that Northern Territory Emergency Response thing, or whatever its called. 'Savagery'. No Western nation is without their abuses or objectionable ways of life.

Most Americans who are against gun control are not pro-gun. The fact of the matter is that we live in an enormous country with lots and lots of people, and there are about as many guns as there are people. That doesnt mean most Americans own a gun, in fact its the opposite. Anyways, it becomes an issue where banning guns doesnt, because of the millions and millions of guns in this country, necessarily get rid of guns. For example, give me 500 dollars and an hour and I can probably get an illegal, "hot", firearm. And so a lot of people in this country who arent even pro-gun become against gun control, because it feels like an outright ban is like trying to solve the problem with a sledgehammer. Banning shit in America usually just aggravates the problem, look at the war on drugs. That sort of thing makes us very nervous.

Accusing Americans of being savage for owning guns is a joke. And listen, if people in Australia think its creepy that there's a lack of gun control in America, then fine. We think its creepy that your country still bans books and video games and shit.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fenek For This Useful Post:
Froctopus, K9Grip, kellyhound, LadyCPlum, pbaj12, peema, Vedderman, whoreofbabalon, wujuan, Zambini
Old 12-17-2012, 04:11 AM
fenek
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

By the way, by no means am I being overly-sensitive to criticism of the US. Being critical of one another is a beautiful thing. Foreign critics of America or American policy has made me aware of a number of issues in my country that would be difficult to recognize otherwise. Many American's without a doubt have had similar experiences as well. Presumably, the same is true for individuals in other Western countries. Being critical of one another is as joyous as it is necessary. However, when it devolves into someone from Australia or the UK or whatever accusing America and Americans of being, essentially, morally inferior, then its clear that person has a very weak grasp on the workings of anything, or is woefully dishonest with themselves.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fenek For This Useful Post:
BostonPancake, LadyCPlum, peema, whoreofbabalon
Old 12-17-2012, 05:45 AM
meade2763
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2317

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss120

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenek View Post
Its a sad day when the rest of the Western world can't comprehend American 'savagery', because that means they've clearly forgotten their own. Australia has a history of 'savagery' as well. From the Stolen Generation, something quite a few have argued was genocide, to even recently with that Northern Territory Emergency Response thing, or whatever its called. 'Savagery'. No Western nation is without their abuses or objectionable ways of life.

Most Americans who are against gun control are not pro-gun. The fact of the matter is that we live in an enormous country with lots and lots of people, and there are about as many guns as there are people. That doesnt mean most Americans own a gun, in fact its the opposite. Anyways, it becomes an issue where banning guns doesnt, because of the millions and millions of guns in this country, necessarily get rid of guns. For example, give me 500 dollars and an hour and I can probably get an illegal, "hot", firearm. And so a lot of people in this country who arent even pro-gun become against gun control, because it feels like an outright ban is like trying to solve the problem with a sledgehammer. Banning shit in America usually just aggravates the problem, look at the war on drugs. That sort of thing makes us very nervous.

Accusing Americans of being savage for owning guns is a joke. And listen, if people in Australia think its creepy that there's a lack of gun control in America, then fine. We think its creepy that your country still bans books and video games and shit.
Salem doesn't represent Australia, he's just one guy stating his opinion, albeit in a rather offensive way.

Bringing up the past is pointless, your right all countries have been savage in one way or another, but we are talking about now and the future.

Regarding banning books and video games, well i believe that was just some legal red tape bullshit, that has also been resolved this year, and I'm sure 99.99% of Americans don't know anything about it let alone finding it creepy.

The Following Users Disliked This Post By meade2763:
whoreofbabalon
Old 12-17-2012, 05:52 AM
wujuan
Offline:
i am that which is
Poster Rank:311
girlie girl

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2494

i hate guns. always have. always will. NOTHING could ever change my mind.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:43 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female
Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21520

Wackos!

Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 AM
fenek
Offline:
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss308

Quote:
Originally Posted by meade2763 View Post
Salem doesn't represent Australia, he's just one guy stating his opinion, albeit in a rather offensive way.

Bringing up the past is pointless, your right all countries have been savage in one way or another, but we are talking about now and the future.

Regarding banning books and video games, well i believe that was just some legal red tape bullshit, that has also been resolved this year, and I'm sure 99.99% of Americans don't know anything about it let alone finding it creepy.
No, obviously, you're right. I was trying to attack a person, not a country - but I ended up doing both. Honestly, I think highly of Australia and am not 'creeped out' by anything Australia - I was trying to be tit for tat. I disagree that bringing up the past is pointless though, as it has immeasurable effects on the present. But I promise I think very highly of Australia. Although I'd rather not cop to that right now...