girlie girl

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2494
Re: 28 dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

has anyone here been affected by gun violence?

Old 12-16-2012, 04:28 AM
meade2763
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2318

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss120

Yes

Old 12-16-2012, 04:54 AM
Iliketurtles
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:641

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss864

Without doing any research myself

did the kid kill his own mom? lool

Old 12-16-2012, 04:59 AM
meade2763
Offline:
Poster Rank:2318

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliketurtles View Post
Without doing any research myself

did the kid kill his own mom? lool
Yeh she's dead.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 AM
SalemSaberhagen
Offline:
Poster Rank:1633
Female

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froctopus View Post
but if it were to be a sudden change right now that'd be inviting ppl to rob your house without fear. They'd have to implement some way of cleaning up all the people that have guns that should not and that seems almost like an impossible task.
I understand that its your culture and you're used to it, and it doesn't make you bad. But see, thats the thing, Australia did it, the UK did it, NZ did it, and there was a decrease in house robberies, not an increase. That fear is unfounded. In practice, it doesn't happen the way you think. Other countries have proved the myth that robberies will increase to be just that; a myth. Besides, whats the point of the homeowner having a gun if the robber has a gun. You've got a gun pointed at him (or her), hes got one pointed on you. Its like a mexican stand off, and really achieves nothing because he could shoot you, before you shoot him. So then whats the point for the homeowner? Or it could be like when there was the well-publicised tragedy in Connecticut back in September where a teacher shot an intruder, then found out he had killed his own son. That's what happens when a person's
first reaction is to reach for a gun to sort a situation out. There is no excuse for having a gun unless you are a cop, in the forces, or on the land and need one to protect your crops from vermin.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SalemSaberhagen For This Useful Post:
Feirefiz, Impotent Rage, Rackas321, Rat Death, wujuan
The Following Users Disliked This Post By SalemSaberhagen:
whoreofbabalon
Old 12-16-2012, 07:23 AM
Feirefiz
Offline:
Poster Rank:537
Die Seynen nimmt der Herr im Schlafe!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140
Re: Twenty children, 8 others dead in Connecticut school shooting massacre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalemSaberhagen View Post
Exactly. Talk about sticking your head in the sand. You CAN'T talk about the kids, WITHOUT talking about HOW they died. I just myself with how dense and stupid some people are. Its impossible to discuss one, without the other. The fact is, America is a blood-thirsty, violent, backward and barbaric society that really gives the worst Islamic Middle Eastern country a run for their money. They are just the flip side of each other. Both backward and barbaric. Americans don't understand that the world looks on DISGUSTED with America and their pro-gun NO MATTER WHAT culture.

Americans cannot even begin to understand the level of disgust the rest of the western civilised world feels about them. They truly have no idea whatsoever. Not only do they have no health system they have no problems with mass shootings - hey, its just 'collateral damage' for their 'rights'. Right? Right? Sick!! I've been reading the comments backwards from page 12 and I'm only on page 10 now, but I have to stop because I am so speechless at the profound ignorance and head-in-the-sand stance from some in here, that I will feel a lot calmer and less frustrated if I stop reading the bullshit comments. I cannot even begin to reconcile how Americans think. Mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting - NEVER happens in the rest of the civilised western countries, Only In America. What does that tell you.

I live in a country where its impossible to comprehend what it would be like to knowingly live next door to gun owners. It......just doesn't compute with Australians. And we're all 'those crazy Americans' over here. Someone unkindly remarked, maybe they should all shoot themselves into oblivion and then there would be no America and no more threat to anyone else. No one here can comprehend the mindset of Americans and their culture. Its It just - makes NO SENSE. I am BLESSED I live in a safe country where guns are something we only see in a movie, not in real life. I feel so safe and secure. The majority of the world is absolutely DISGUSTED with America and how sick and depraved their culture is. I am so thankful I live here. I couldn't even comprehend seeing someone threatened with a gun, let alone imagine a school shooting, let alone a mass shooting, in my town. It seems a million worlds, or planets away. You could not pay me enough to live in America. You just could not. You guys have no idea what people are saying about America on news sites all over the world. I would suggest you don't look if you are a proud American proud of your gun culture. It would really ruin your day to find out what the rest of the western world is saying about this. You guys have no idea.
Wow! Just wow!....and so true....yes, pretty much people in Europe are disgusted, too!

The Following Users Disliked This Post By Feirefiz:
whoreofbabalon
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 AM
Feirefiz
Offline:
Poster Rank:537
Die Seynen nimmt der Herr im Schlafe!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
^ let's see, 350 dead in the Russian school shooting kinda blows your anti American rant apart.
omg, you just pwned yourself!

Old 12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

Mourning the dead.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
connecticut-candle_2429260k.jpg  

connecticut-15-chi_2429199k.jpg  

connecticut-candle_2429266k.jpg  

connecticut-candle_2429280k.jpg  

connecticut-candle_2429281k.jpg  

connecticut-grief_2429256k.jpg  

connecticut-flag_2429267k.jpg  

connecticut-grief-_2429257k.jpg  

connecticut-grief-_2429265k.jpg  

connecticut-memori_2429282k.jpg  

connecticut-sandy_2429255k.jpg  

connecticut-sign_2429254k.jpg  

connecticut-sign-2_2429268k.jpg  

connecticut-teache_2429202k.jpg  

connecticut-tree_2429279k.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
gatagato, rabenson, Wage
Old 12-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Rudebwoy
Offline:
Poster Rank:1440

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss245

Wow! Notice how most of the victims were females. Guy had some issues :D

The Following User Says Thank You to Rudebwoy For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Impotent Rage
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:916
Contributions: 5

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490

I had to leave this thread alone for a while because I feel like my comments were taken as a stereotyped attack or insensitive, politicised commentary. I contest that I stated the situation would be more complicated in America due to the extensive land border with a relatively lawless Mexico; compared with the UK being an island. Political, well when should these things be discussed? I eagerly awaited a serious discussion following Aurora and it didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambini View Post
The list does not include deaths resulting from guerrilla actions, such as the slaughter of 186 children and 146 adults at a school in Beslan, Russia in September 2004.

- March 13, 1996 - Scotland A deranged gun collector kills 16 children aged four to six and their teacher at a school in Dunblane. He then kills himself.
The Dunblane massacre is something REALLY close to home for me and to use it as an argument for ineffective gun laws is ludicrous because this was THE INCIDENT that outlawed all handgun ownership in the UK.

By quoting this incident, you are demonstrating a crass, ill-conceived argument. It seems like you're just desperately seeking validation of your stance as opposed to digesting the available information and coming up with an informed view.

As I said before - gun control will never eradicate guns; NEVER! It's about changing the public attitude to weapons and seriously reducing their prevalence even within criminal factions. It does work and focusing on the 2nd amendment is as ludicrous as taking the Bible literally. Times change, sadly America still has a massive, vocal faction who still think they live in the wild west: well maybe they do but how do you begin to change that?

The Following User Says Thank You to Impotent Rage For This Useful Post:
Rat Death