Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2030
Re: 22 Yr Old Hottie Mauled to Death by Pitbull

They make it sound like she randomly wandered into a yard. Either she was missing some marbles, or the article is missing a lot of info. They couldn't even get the information weather she was a stranger/tresspasser or a friend of the resident/dog owner.

Lesson to those without common sense:

Do not enter a yard that has dogs, even if you know them - without the owner accompanying you. Dogs are territorial. Any dog over about 35 pounds can get the jump on you and put some good sized holes in your throat.

The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Arkoquisa, bdjackass318, BryanXavier, creepygrebe, dwizzy22, facing_reality, Jerdipski, kellyhound, k_dub, lesslis2015, Loopy Lass, MadCore, MesaGrande, Pink., souris, sunbyrd808, therezamackenzie, winvens, wujuan
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10905 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss25839

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyCripple View Post
They make it sound like she randomly wandered into a yard. Either she was missing some marbles, or the article is missing a lot of info. They couldn't even get the information weather she was a stranger/tresspasser or a friend of the resident/dog owner.

Lesson to those without common sense:

Do not enter a yard that has dogs, even if you know them - without the owner accompanying you. Dogs are territorial. Any dog over about 35 pounds can get the jump on you and put some good sized holes in your throat.
Putting aside her idiocy, trespassing does not equal a death sentence. Trespassing isn't even an arrestable offence in Canada.

I can not tell you how many times as a kid I had to jump the neighbors fence to get to my ball or frisbee. We used to jump a fence to take a short cut to the lake too. By your standards apparently I should have been eaten to death.

The fact that pit bull is so dangerous and wild that it mauled her to the point of death, not just injury but death, it should be taken away and destroyed.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
b0g, dungeonpeaches, Flaka, nyazzip, Pigeon, Pink., wickedminds1, zhazoo
The Following 2 Users Disliked Illusion For This Post:
ForgetMeNot, wujuan
Old 12-06-2015, 09:53 PM
CrunchyCripple
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:364
Female

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 7/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Putting aside her idiocy, trespassing does not equal a death sentence. Trespassing isn't even an arrestable offence in Canada.

I can not tell you how many times as a kid I had to jump the neighbors fence to get to my ball or frisbee. We used to jump a fence to take a short cut to the lake too. By your standards apparently I should have been eaten to death.
My standards?

I was talking about canine standards. Human laws/preferences often do not translate to dogs.

Some dogs will wag their tails if you come into their yard, some will bark and run away. Others will bite you in the ass - and some will even kill you. That's not divided by breed, that's individual personality.

In general, dogs are territorial - that's why people put them in their yards/homes and use them as a deterrent to trespassing.

The only problem is that if you are not there to guide the dog, it can use it's own judgement as to how big of a threat that person is. If you are not there to diffuse the situation, your dog could maim or kill someone.

Dogs are not a "no trespassing" sign - they are a dangerous tool that is fully capable of killing someone - even if you didn't train them to.

Quote:
The fact that pit bull is so dangerous and wild that it mauled her to the point of death, not just injury but death, it should be taken away and destroyed.
I agree that the dog needs to be put down.

Edit:

After watching the video, I'd say that the woman was having some sort of psychological issues. Weather drug related or not - she's walking around barefoot in December in Michigan and climbs over a fence that has two dogs barking at her.

This goes to show that it's not safe to leave your dogs outside. Even if they cannot get out, someone can get in.

For the dog to react with such violence, I'd say that it had a lot of pent up energy. That makes a dog dangerous.

I've also seen a lot of dogs react badly to someone with mental issues. Some dogs arn't bothered by crazy, but some are.

I had a dog that was very sensitive to anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol. He found them threatening and acted aggressively toward them. You cannot leave a dog like that, anywhere where someone can come into contact with them. I never did.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CrunchyCripple For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, creepygrebe, facing_reality, Guderian1974, hooverj, Jerdipski
Old 12-07-2015, 01:27 AM
Desensitisation
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:202

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4409

I don't believe in this situation that dogs should be destroyed; if you trespass on their territory, you should expect shit to get real.

If the dogs were free-roaming, then yes, kill them.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Desensitisation For This Useful Post:
Clairebee1, codyx2, dwizzy22, facing_reality, ForgetMeNot, MesaGrande, Pink., wujuan
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Desensitisation:
WhiteWidow00
Old 12-07-2015, 08:55 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61174

Quote:
The Times Herald reached out to her fiancé, Matthew Grattan who made a public status update on his Facebook page last night, announcing Hardy's dog mauling death.

Grattan told The Herald the couple had an 18-month old daughter together. "She was full of life, Grattan said. "She loved her daughter with everything." Grattan also said that he is not sure how she ended up in the neighbor's backyard. "Nobody was there, nobody knows what happened and why," Grattan said.

Grattan explained that he and Hardy had an argument at his home a few doors down shortly before the attack. She then left the house, he said.

Grattan then speculated that she went down the alleyway behind the 10th Street homes and attempted to cut across the neighbor's backyard to get to 10th Street. After hearing ambulance sirens down the street, Grattan walked over to the scene.
Her fiance owned 2 friendly pit bulls so maybe she thought, while trying to make a shorcut, the pits were harmless and friendly as well ? Or maybe during dog walks in the past she met that guy and decided going there after the argument with her fiance because she was barefoot and didn't want to use the gate afraid other neighbours would notice she went there but sneakily tried to enter the property through the backyard/door out of sight by anyone else ? who knows. She made a very bad decission doing that.
Dogs should be contained when the owner is not present in sight of the dog except when the dog is inside the house and the owner isn't and windows are closed and doors locked so when some stranger tries to come in it's a 100% case of break-in/burglary.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
matt-grattan-comments-vicious-family-pit-bulls.jpg  

Old 12-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desensitisation View Post
I don't believe in this situation that dogs should be destroyed; if you trespass on their territory, you should expect shit to get real.

If the dogs were free-roaming, then yes, kill them.
agreed.

But there is more to this story than just what the news and police reports indicate.

First of all. Tresspassing is not a death penalty case.

second: Why was she inside THEIR enclosure?..and although it is apparent that she was, was she familiar with these animals?....Because they are pitbulls or pitbull mixes, they are automatically looked upon with suspicion.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pink. For This Useful Post:
facing_reality, hooverj, kellyhound, MesaGrande, Oswald2001, rob666, winvens
Old 12-07-2015, 10:34 AM
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:251
Hoosierb'strd
Contributions: 121

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 4/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss3404

All these people who say pit bulls aren't any more dangerous than any other dog.... well i'm still waiting for the news article for someone mauled to death by a yorkie.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to slyksleevemuckyey For This Useful Post:
baberry64828, facing_reality, Jerdipski, MesaGrande, Oswald2001, selene
The Following Users Disliked This Post By slyksleevemuckyey:
ForgetMeNot
Old 12-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10905 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
8/11 ssss25839

Quote:
Originally Posted by slyksleevemuckyey View Post
All these people who say pit bulls aren't any more dangerous than any other dog.... well i'm still waiting for the news article for someone mauled to death by a yorkie.
Pit apologists will always tell you they pose the same risk as any other dog. Did you notice how the police officer specifically highlighted how much more damage the Pitbull did than the bigger and stronger Husky?????

She wasn't just mauled by the pit, she was fed upon. Let's get it straight. When they chew and rip off the face and throat of an adult 22 year old women they aren't spitting out the parts. They were eating the intestines of that 4 year old boy they pulled under a fence last week. They tore a homeless guy's arms off and fought over them - the only reason he survived the hideous attack. I'm sick of people trying to compare this shit breeds of dogs with others. It's absurd. This isn't a zoo. The fact that such a dangerous animal capable of killing is kept in a neighborhood is insane.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Illusion For This Useful Post:
baberry64828, dungeonpeaches, Flaka, selene, slyksleevemuckyey
The Following Users Disliked This Post By Illusion:
ForgetMeNot
Old 12-07-2015, 01:13 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Quote:

I am not going to attempt any sort of conversation with you on the pitbull issue as I know you hate the breed, so you will be thoroughly biased.

It did maul her to death by the way and her looks have nothing to do with anything, would it have made a difference if she had a face like a bag of spanners?

Pink., winvens