m

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
8/20 13/20
Today Posts
5/11 sssss8005
£20k to Nick Pair Who Took Scrap Worth 47p

BUNGLING cops blew £20,000 on a huge operation to arrest two salvage enthusiasts who took scrap worth just 47p from a tip.

Owen Gray, 50, and Angela Cubitt, 34, helped themselves to an old PlayStation 3 and Black & Decker drill dumped at their local recycling centre.

But they were stunned when eight officers in a helicopter, two vans, two dog units and three patrol cars swooped to arrest them as they walked home.

Jobless computer engineer Owen was later fined £20 and Angela was released without charge.

They claim officers told them the cost of the arrest operation was £20,000 and the scrap value of the old electrical goods was 47p.

Owen visits the Gloucester tip to salvage useable goods which he cannot afford to buy. He said: "All they do with stuff at the tip is crush it and burn the plastic.

"I pick up whatever catches my eye and try to fix it. I've recovered TV monitors and computers. I know what I did was wrong - but to send eight officers seemed way over the top. It's crazy when they're shouting about how much they need to save."

Owen and pal Angela, an out-of-work chef, were arrested after visiting the unmanned Hempsted Household Recycling Centre on March 27.

The pair were walking away when they heard the chopper. They were held in a cell overnight before being questioned. Owen was ordered to pay £20 to charity through the Community Oriented Policing scheme.

Charges against Angela were dropped and the pair were released.

Gloucestershire Police superintendent Gary Thompson said: "I make no apology for responding seriously to an incident like this. In the past, people stealing from tips have been responsible for other thefts with a great impact on the community."

Gloucester City Centre Community Partnership said: "Eight officers and a helicopter is perhaps excessive."

source

Old 04-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Blewvane
Offline:
Benevolent dictator
Poster Rank:28
Arse fucker

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1399 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss25730
Re: £20k to Nick Pair Who Took Scrap Worth 47p

And while they wasted all that manpower to catch criminals that stole goods to the value of 47p, a woman was being raped, a child was being beaten, a gollywog was selling drugs. Fucking retarded coppers.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blewvane View Post
a woman was being raped, a child was being beaten, a gollywog was selling drugs. Fucking retarded coppers.
I had to look that up, already knowing what it was gonna be You're so predictable.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:46 PM
ChockFullOfChock
Offline:
Madonna vergine bugiarda.
Poster Rank:301
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2628

Quote:
Originally Posted by commondenom View Post
Gloucester City Centre Community Partnership said: "Eight officers and a helicopter is perhaps excessive."
Brits, the masters at understating the fucking ludicrous.