Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454
Re: 20 Yo Xbox Addict Dies After Marathon Session

Unfortunately,people can & do get addicted to anything.Generally the answer with video game addiction is to make RLNS( Real Life Not Shit.)That's why you get a lot of it in China & in unemployed people.(Felicia Day reckoned she got addicted to WOW when her acting career went sucky after Buffy.Fortunately for her she turned that experience into The Guild,but others aren't so creative.)Maybe there should be an automatic gameplay limit on the system and each account holder gets bounced off the system after 5 hours and their account won't work for another 24 hours?I usually hate nanny-state laws but this is an addiction ruining lives.In the same way that pubs are supposed to turn you away if you've had enough,maybe the Xbox account servers could do the decent thing and have a gameplay limit?I mean it's not like they're not making more money than God.A little care for its customers wouldn't be a bad thing.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:16 PM
shoottokill
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:208
roneluv

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4221

dude had it coming to him. pic shows he an average looking slob, so i doubt he had a girlfriend, or was into sports. just virtual sports....

Old 08-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Christian-M
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT MAJOR
Poster Rank:195
Male

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss4757

Yeah, that sucks.But I sit all the time.I also move around, but anyone, even office workers could have this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Christian-M For This Useful Post:
Iced Coffee Man
Old 08-06-2011, 11:14 PM
Lee
Offline:
All Seeing Eye
Poster Rank:153
Homosapien

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6245

you can sit all day watching tv and it happens, you can sit on a plance and it happens, he could of been meditating...its just another games are bad m'kay story.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lee For This Useful Post:
Brometheus, Iced Coffee Man
Old 08-07-2011, 01:59 AM
nihilissimo
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:759
8=====D

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss677

is funny, 2500 years ago someone died of exhaustion after running entire distance from battlefield to capital city to spread news of victory against destruction of their entire civilization

now someone die of exhaustion after playing consecutively video games

maybe they make a new company like"Nike" out of it, or even better, an energy drink ;)

Old 08-08-2011, 01:04 AM
otepote
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5751
Male

Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss25

I've probably played for 12 hours straight or longer before. I know a few people that do. Maybe we're next.

To all the people asking "why"?
The answer is because it's fun. And gaming is more than just a solitary thing now. You can play with online friends, or even real friends from somewhere else. It's entertainment. I imagine just as many people sit around watching TV. Not much of a difference really.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 AM
Illusion
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:27
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 196 Post(s)
Quoted: 10914 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss25847

What's up with the fine print?

The family of an Xbox addict, who recently died during a marathon session playing video games, is pleading to other parents to protect their kids from excessive gaming.

An autopsy revealed that Chris Staniforth, 20, suffered from deep vein thrombosis, which can be triggered by sitting in one position for long periods of time.

Staniforth, of Sheffield, England would play on his console for up to 12 hours in one sitting.

A coroner said his death in May was caused by a clot formed in the young man's left calf before it moved to his lungs. Once it reached there, it caused a fatal blockage.

Staniforth, who loved playing "Halo" with people all over the world, collapsed shortly after telling a friend he had been feeling painful sensations in his chest.

"He said his heart rate had been incredibly low but it went back to normal and he fell asleep again," recounted his devastated father, David Staniforth.

"Then he dropped a packet of chewing gum and as he picked it up, he jolted back and began to spasm."

The friend called medics, but it was too late.

Professor Brian Colven, an expert on blood-related conditions, told the newspaper it was unhealthy for gamers to spend long periods playing video games.

While deep vein thrombosis normally affects travelers on long flights, doctors are now concerned video gamers could be at risk too.

"There's anxiety about obesity and children not doing anything other than looking at computer screens," he said.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 PM
OmniJackal
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2556

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 13/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss101

I like how people with 20,000+ posts on an internet gore forum are offering suggestions about how a young adult should spend his free time.

Scruffy gonna go the way he lived

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OmniJackal For This Useful Post:
downunder, Iced Coffee Man
Old 08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Kim
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:545
Female

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1122

I'm disabled and I can't sit here for that long. I'm good for about an hour or so. Then my feet fall asleep because I have a 20lb wiener dog sitting on my lap or my ass starts to feel flat. If I'm playing a game then my hands get too cold to play after about 2 hours. Bad circulation I guess.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:58 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

I knew he was going to be a fatty before I saw his pic, I can picture him sat there in his piss stained Y fronts stuffing his fat fucking face with crisps and burgers.