Go Back  

16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now
 
  #1  
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 PM
bdjackass318's Avatar
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 5
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181
16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

1. The government would save an estimated $13.7 billion on prohibition enforcement costs and tax revenue by legalizing marijuana, according to a paper endorsed by 300 economists.


2 Marijuana Inmates Cost Prisons $1 Billion A Year
Inmates incarcerated on marijuana-related charges cost U.S. prisons $1 billion annually, according to a 2007 study, AlterNet reports

3. Including lost tax revenues, a 2007 study found that enforcing the marijuana prohibition costs tax payers $41.8 billion annually, Forbes reports.

4. Marijuana growers account for $14 billion a year in sales in California, making it the state's most valuable cash crop, TIME reports.

5. It's estimated that illegal marijuana is a $36 billion industry in the U.S., MadameNoire reports

6. About one-third of Americans say they think legalizing marijuana would boost the economy, according to a 2010 poll by Associated Press-CNBC.

7. The Sacramento News and Review saw a big boost in ad revenue when it offered advertising space for more than 60 medical marijuana dispensaries, enabling the publication to hire three additional employees, according to News 10.

8. Mendocino County, California's zip tie program aimed at regulating medical marijuana growing by charging permits for each plant raised $600,000 in revenue in for the Sheriff's department in 2011.

9. The city of Oakland, California raised $1.3 million in tax revenue from medical marijuana dispensaries in 2011, 3 percent of the city's total business tax revenue, according to The New York Times.

10. In 2011, Colorado pulled in $5 million in sales taxes from medical marijuana businesses, The New York Times reports.

11. Economist Stephen Easton estimated in 2010 that legal marijuana could be a $45 to $100 billion industry, Bloomberg BusinessWeek reports

12. When hydroponic marijuana growing supply chain weGrow opens a new store it creates an estimated 75 jobs indirectly, according to AZBusiness Magazine

13. More than 60 percent of states agree with taxing marijuana, according to a poll by Associated Press-CNBC.

14. A Norwegian study 25 years in the making came to the shocking conclusion that frequent marijuana use lowers employees' motivation at work. Not all can be positive.

15. There could be more than 1,000 medical marijuana dispensaries operating in California, Pasadena Weekly reported in 2009. Which probably means more jobs are being created.


16. As of July 2011, the city of Denver counted more medical marijuana dispensaries than Starbucks franchises. More revenue and jobs in Denver area

Time to get this shit legalized in all 50 states.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
slide_221587_887902_free.jpg  

Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
Abaaub, Darkest Angel, Kanda444, k_dub, Ntwadumela, platasnatch, Thefear
  #2  
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 AM
Darkest Angel's Avatar
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Join Date: Jul 2012
Contributions: 1
 
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12899
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

With so many states relaxing their policies, its only a matter of time.

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
Ntwadumela, peema
  #3  
Old 05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
GregK's Avatar
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male
Join Date: Sep 2012
 
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkest angel View Post
With so many states relaxing their policies, its only a matter of time.
I agree, even anal illinois is slacking a bit.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
Darkest Angel
  #4  
Old 05-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Bleeed.exe's Avatar
Bleeed.exe
Online
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:248
Join Date: Dec 2009
Contributions: 7
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3473
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post
2. Marijuana Inmates Cost Prisons $1 Billion A Year
Inmates incarcerated on marijuana-related charges cost U.S. prisons $1 billion annually, according to a 2007 study, AlterNet reports
Shouldn't that be earns (privately owned) prisons, and costs the tax payer? Or are some prisons over there still run by the State?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post
6. About one-third of Americans say they think legalizing marijuana would boost the economy, according to a 2010 poll by Associated Press-CNBC.
And these are just the ones in the know. The number would be far higher if more people were aware of the facts, espec' regarding medical cannabis.

Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bleeed.exe For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318
  #5  
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 AM
hal0mega's Avatar
hal0mega
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:404
Join Date: Feb 2009
 
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1769
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

im gonna set up a farm when this is legal everyone will love 'the farmer wants a wife' then

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 PM
AmericanIllusions's Avatar
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276
Join Date: Oct 2009
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
1/11 sssss3029
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Fascist ass govt. They'll never let it be unconditionally. It'll fall in line along with alcohol, cigarettes and gambling

Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, giggidygiggidy13
  #7  
Old 05-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Kanda444's Avatar
Kanda444
Offline:
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Join Date: May 2010
Contributions: 23
 
Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssss49383
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
14. A Norwegian study 25 years in the making came to the shocking conclusion that frequent marijuana use lowers employees' motivation at work. Not all can be positive.
meh, i dont know... i was a lazy bastard before i started smoking too

__________________
"High moral character is not a precondition for great moral accomplishments."
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kanda444 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Bleeed.exe
  #8  
Old 05-23-2013, 01:54 AM
blue devil's Avatar
blue devil
Offline:
on the outside looking in
Poster Rank:222
male
Join Date: Jun 2011
 
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3966
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post

14. A Norwegian study 25 years in the making came to the shocking conclusion that frequent marijuana use lowers employees' motivation at work. Not all can be positive.



Took them 25 years to figure that out? They must not of been very motivated to finish the study.

__________________
"Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome." - Isaac Asimov
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blue devil For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318
  #9  
Old 05-23-2013, 08:19 AM
Impotent Rage's Avatar
Impotent Rage
Offline:
My Rank: CORPORAL
Poster Rank:916
Join Date: Nov 2012
Contributions: 5
 
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss490
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdjackass318 View Post
14. A Norwegian study 25 years in the making came to the shocking conclusion that frequent marijuana use lowers employees' motivation at work. Not all can be positive.
Cannabis causes mental illness
Cannabis use is now the biggest single cause of serious mental disorders in the UK, a leading expert warned yesterday.
Up to 80 per cent of new patients at many units have a history of smoking the drug, said consultant psychiatrist Professor Robin Murray.

And before you say anything about the Daily Mail or listening to the establishment. I absolutely believe the findings based on personal experience such as a family member with debilitating paranoid schizophrenia, friends and my partner's family members. I know loads of people who have used it and ended up with serious problems. I also know quite a few who have used it with no ill effects.

I can't see how it would "cause" such problems but I do believe that it triggers earlier onset and/or amplifies mental health issues that would otherwise have been trivial.

Does your country really need more crazy?

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 PM
bdjackass318's Avatar
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Join Date: Jan 2010
Contributions: 5
 
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181
Re: 16 Facts About Marijuana And The U.S. Economy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impotent Rage View Post
Cannabis causes mental illness
Cannabis use is now the biggest single cause of serious mental disorders in the UK, a leading expert warned yesterday.
Up to 80 per cent of new patients at many units have a history of smoking the drug, said consultant psychiatrist Professor Robin Murray.

And before you say anything about the Daily Mail or listening to the establishment. I absolutely believe the findings based on personal experience such as a family member with debilitating paranoid schizophrenia, friends and my partner's family members. I know loads of people who have used it and ended up with serious problems. I also know quite a few who have used it with no ill effects.

I can't see how it would "cause" such problems but I do believe that it triggers earlier onset and/or amplifies mental health issues that would otherwise have been trivial.

Does your country really need more crazy?
Alcohol is a lot worse and where does it stand legally? I personally know no one who has smoked marijuana that has mental issues and I know a lot of people who use it. If anything to a lot of people it relieves the stress of everyday life and keep them sane and this doesn't come from a study, this comes from personal experience. One more thing I personally do not smoke it because my job drug tests us on occasion but if they didn't I would probably be lighting up.

Reply With Quote

Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2010 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO