Go Back  

1500YearOld Bible Discovered In Turkey Indicates Jesus Christ Was Not.... 

Current Rating:

Join NowJoin Now

Old 03-27-2015, 11:35 AM
monkeywrench
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:5360
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss29
Re: 1500YearOld Bible Discovered In Turkey Indicates Jesus Christ Was Not....

Moses kicked out the maid he knocked up after his wife Sarah finally had a kid at age 90, he told the maid and the kid Ismael I think his name was, that he would always have his hand up in war, it is this line the Muslims descended from.

The Following User Says Thank You to monkeywrench For This Useful Post:
Michael_Jackson
Old 04-06-2015, 02:22 PM
Arkoquisa
Offline:
King of East Texas
Poster Rank:273
XY
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3065

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0mega View Post
This from Oswald --- ""You do not need a book or school - and cannot get - enlightenment or any real understanding from a book or school.

Jesus, like Buddha and others, had a sight, a gift, an anointing, a blessing, etc.

All things are here - right now - this very second - but most people are not given access.

Jesus simply had more access. That's it.

IMO, he was no different inherently than anyone else.

For whatever reason, he was blessed in ways beyond almost all others.

Why?

I dunno.
"

I'm just the messenger, I prefer the philosophical discussions that can arise from articles, for as we all know, most information out there is really just subjective confused by what taints it. It is the speculation, hard and deeply thought out by philosophical thought that can often inspire.

Bottom line, I aim to inspire others to express said deep opinions, not debates on what's bullshit or not. But I completely understad your point, nonetheless, I could say fact, but I'm an admitted paranoid skeptic on what facts are. Facts become fiction over time in a hypothetical theory that our species should still be here in the next Million years. Once, the Earth being flat was a "fact". This is where I am coming from. Sure, statistically, I will not live to see a Million years of progress looking back on our civilization in the 21st century nw. It's a natural side effect of yes, over thinking. But everyone over thinks, its one of the vitalities that drive ambition to study or dicuss and field of science, philosophy, art, futurology, cosmology etc etc and everything else .
Actually the whole flat-earth idea is new. Turns out that only modern man is naive enough to believe that people were dumb enough to believe the earth was flat.

People were making approximate figures to the size of the earth thousands of years ago, through relatively simple math at that. By the time of the era of exploration, the churches (above all else) and royal courts were teaching the Earth was a sphere to its cosmographers, and globes were beginning to come about as well... on the eve of Columbus and his discovery, not after.

The concept of Christ not being crucified is nothing new either. This also would have been before Islam existed if it was produced around 500 ad. This would have been the time of Byzantium, and the eastern Orthodox, and Anatolian origin at that, means the teachings and translations of Christianity, especially for the length of time given, is much different from what we 'commonly' know.

Nice story though. I hope the book is safe.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Arkoquisa For This Useful Post:
lkduke3, Michael_Jackson, rob666
Old 04-09-2015, 10:50 AM
nat906
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:883
male

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 16/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss524

all fucking fiction to me .

The Following User Says Thank You to nat906 For This Useful Post:
Michael_Jackson
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 PM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

Now I know Jesus was Black......he isn't coming back. (I know, I know, but I fucking couldn't resist)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petedeamon For This Useful Post:
Arkoquisa, Michael_Jackson
Old 04-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Michael_Jackson
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:2678
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93

The absence of religion in my life has made me more successful then I could have ever imagined.

Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder.

Human beings need to give themselves more credit than making up fairy tales to fulfill their life. Obviously the article was shared for enlightenment, which I can entertain. But it is just that, entertainment which adds diversity to the site.

We all need to give ourselves more credit. You achieved and accomplished some of the most difficult things in life because of YOU. Not god. Not Jesus. Not Santa Claus. Not the tooth fairy. You did it ALL yourself. Never give credit to fictional characters. Love yourself. Be yourself. All the hard work is credit to YOU.

When Gene Roddenberry was asked if aliens built the pyramids, he said: "No! Humans built the pyramids! We need to give human kind more credit!". I concur...

deanmine, Kanda444
Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss49383

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal0mega View Post
This from Oswald --- ""You do not need a book or school - and cannot get - enlightenment or any real understanding from a book or school.

Jesus, like Buddha and others, had a sight, a gift, an anointing, a blessing, etc.

All things are here - right now - this very second - but most people are not given access.

Jesus simply had more access. That's it.

IMO, he was no different inherently than anyone else.

For whatever reason, he was blessed in ways beyond almost all others.

Why?

I dunno.
"

I'm just the messenger, I prefer the philosophical discussions that can arise from articles, for as we all know, most information out there is really just subjective confused by what taints it. It is the speculation, hard and deeply thought out by philosophical thought that can often inspire.

Bottom line, I aim to inspire others to express said deep opinions, not debates on what's bullshit or not. But I completely understad your point, nonetheless, I could say fact, but I'm an admitted paranoid skeptic on what facts are. Facts become fiction over time in a hypothetical theory that our species should still be here in the next Million years. Once, the Earth being flat was a "fact". This is where I am coming from. Sure, statistically, I will not live to see a Million years of progress looking back on our civilization in the 21st century nw. It's a natural side effect of yes, over thinking. But everyone over thinks, its one of the vitalities that drive ambition to study or dicuss and field of science, philosophy, art, futurology, cosmology etc etc and everything else .
yes facts become fiction over time....which is exactly the reason why holding on to ancient, iron aged myths is a horrific idea. when facts crumble and become fiction, it's because new facts are found to replace the old...in other words, calling out and removing the bullshit is the only way to make honest progress. saving ancient myths and trying to pretend like there is knowledge to gain from them (that cant be found anywhere else) is foolish. when you look at progress, you'd be hard pressed to find one scientific or secular advancement that was replaced by a religious one. that happens for a reason.

for there to be true progress, we should start seeing truth as a virtue and faith as a handicap (imho).

i too enjoy philosophical discussions....however, i prefer them to be somewhat logical. for example, if the existence of a god cannot be proven or disproved, then it's irrational to pretend or claim to understand the will of the god that cant be proven in the first place. (imo) philosophical ideas need and deserve a foundation better than myths and irrational assumptions. to claim that somebody had 'more access' than others or that they were somehow 'blessed' in ways that others are not doesnt do humanity any good since it's based on assumptions.....assumptions that are based on wish thinking, myths and traditions, not logic, evidence and reason.

there is a type of navigating called 'dead reckoning'...it is 'the process of calculating one's current position by using a previously determined position, or fix, and advancing that position based upon known or estimated speeds over elapsed time and course.' The issue is, if you are mistaken about your starting point, you end up being in error every time you advance further on your trip. you get more and more off course as time progresses. this is the same thing that people do when they start a line of thought from an assumption that turns out to be false. this is why calling out the bullshit is important. being critical of ideas is one way that growth of ideas is accomplished.

Michael_Jackson
Old 04-23-2015, 08:54 PM
Top Gear
Offline:
1095 DAMASCUS STEEL
Poster Rank:51

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 9780 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
7/20 4/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss17110

Next people will be telling me that the Bible is the word of man not God....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top Gear For This Useful Post:
Kanda444, Michael_Jackson
Old 04-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Kanda444
You holdin....?
Poster Rank:11
Contributions: 23

Mentioned: 228 Post(s)
Quoted: 20137 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 13/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss49383

Michael_Jackson, Top Gear
Old 04-23-2015, 09:25 PM
TheVrist
Offline:
😉
Poster Rank:88
dude

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4575 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 14/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss11715

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Gear View Post
Next people will be telling me that the Bible is the word of man not God....
It says even in the Bible, the words were written by "enlightened men", ofcoure they are supposed to be enlightened by god's word or whatever.

So I guess, it boils down to being able to prove if it is possible for man to be enlightened by an unseen force.

Michael_Jackson, Top Gear
Old 04-23-2015, 09:48 PM
ToMidnightshow
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3901
cyborg with boobs

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVrist View Post
Who is to say Christ wasn't the false prophet the Old testament warned the people about?
Tell me more!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ToMidnightshow For This Useful Post:
Michael_Jackson, TheVrist