Quoted: 2757 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
10/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss10522
Re: 150 dead when Germanwings Flight 4U9525 Crashes into French Alps

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanXavier View Post
Now it says he accelerated on purpose as it descended.
No doubt he did that, but it was going so fast anyway that it really wasn't necessary.

Old 04-04-2015, 01:44 AM
crazyjonhere
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4906
MALE

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33

This guy apparently said to people i will do something that everyone will remember and it will then change the way things are done for ever. Just maybe this guy was trying to highlight something thats been going on for years and thats pilots having sick days off or the ringing in sick before a flight procedure. Its stated in various news reports that lubitz had torn up sick notes including one on the day of the crash well just maybe there is something to this. I have a feeling that pilots are threatened with being fined if they report sick etc on budget airlines or airlines in general and are ordered to work the old saying you better be either bedridden or near dying to have time off. Just maybe in a insane way he was highlighting something that needs to be investigated and that is just how many pilots are flying around ill or with stress related issues and the procedure of what happens when a pilot phones in sick.

Old 04-04-2015, 06:21 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
4/11 ssss51377

Tragic suicide and murder of many

Old 04-04-2015, 09:03 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61141

Quote:
Killer pilot Andreas Lubitz revealed his affair with an airline stewardess to his live-in lover just weeks before deliberately crashing his Germanwings plane into the French Alps, it has been claimed.
The 27-year-old is understood to have told his partner Kathrin Goldbach, 26, that he had been romantically involved with a Germanwings flight attendant named only as Maria.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:08 AM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 401

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 20/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss61141

Quote:
information from the 'Cockpit Voice Recorder,' one of the aircraft's two black boxes, which recorded the sounds and conversations in the cockpit.
Its contents were described for the periodical by a special investigator. Here is his account:
10am: The airplane takes off.
10:10am: The Captain says to Lubitz: 'I didn't have time to use the bathroom before taking off.' Lubitz replies: 'Go whenever you'd like.'
10:27am: The plane reaches cruising altitude, which is 38000ft (11,500m).
The captain asks Lubitz to prepare the approach for landing and to verify that the plane can begin the landing process. Lubitz obeys. He repeats to the captain again: 'You can go. You can go now.'
10:28am: Noise can be heard coming from a seat. The captain removes his seatbelt. The door is opened. The captain says to Lubitz: 'You are in control now.'
Lubitz answers with a seemingly light tone of voice: 'I hope so.'
10:30am: Lubitz is alone in the cockpit. He locks the door with the 'Lock' button: it is no longer possible to open the door from the outside.
The sounds can be heard of automatic pilot being reprogrammed to accelerate the descent, pushing the plane from 38,000ft (11,000m) to 100ft (30m) in a matter of minutes.
10:33am: The landing begins. The plane drops 3000ft (900m) per minute. Air traffic controllers detect the problem. They try several times to contact the airplane by radio. Lubitz does not respond.
The captain's voice can be heard as he tries to open the door: 'It's me!' The captain is facing a camera connected to the cockpit. Lubitz sees him on screen but does not react.
The captain grabs an oxygen tank or fire extinguisher in order to break down the door.No response from Lubitz. The captain yells: 'For the love of God, open this door!'
10:34am: A first alarm goes off, audible and visual: 'SINK RATE, PULL UP.' No reaction from Lubitz.
Through the cockpit door, the first sounds of passengers running in the aisles can be heard.
10:35am: The captain asks for the crowbar hidden in the back of the plane. Louder bangs can be heard hitting the door, followed by metallic sounds. The captain tries to bend the door with the crowbar.
10:37am: A second alarm is set off, audible and visual: 'TERRAIN, PULL UP.' Still no reaction from Lubitz. The captain yells: 'Open this f*****g door!'
10:38am: Despite the deafening noises, Lubitz's breathing can cleary be heard through an oxygen mask he put on. He is breathing normally. The plane is at 13,000 feet (4000 ms).
10:40am: A violent sound can be heard outside. At the same time, inside, screaming. The Airbus hits the mountain with its right wing. No other sound, save for the alarms and the screaming passengers.
10:41am: The airplane hits the Estrop mountain range at 5,000 feet (1500m) at 800 km/h.

Old 04-05-2015, 06:49 AM
AlphaX
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3177

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 8/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss70

Being German myself and living not too far from Dusseldorf (targeted airport) I am devastated by this and I still struggle to understand why one would kill 149 other people just because he wants to die. I am sure its related to his message that one day he will be remembered etc and he just must have been very ill. One of the expert doctors also said, this act cannot be caused by depression and a wish for suicide itself, but rather by a larger scale of severe mental illness.

Btw the latest news this morning is that Lufthansa doctors new about his depression but failed to report it to the officials. Insiders came up stating that there aren't sufficient Lufthansa doctors and they are over worked, some have left and few of the remaining ones only work part time while some are retiring soon. Potentially one key piece that made this whole tragedy possible.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlphaX For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, Clubhouse, gatagato, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Michael_Jackson
Old 04-05-2015, 07:54 AM
Michael_Jackson
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:2677
Male

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss93

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjonhere View Post
This guy apparently said to people i will do something that everyone will remember and it will then change the way things are done for ever. Just maybe this guy was trying to highlight something that's been going on for years and thats pilots having sick days off or the ringing in sick before a flight procedure. Its stated in various news reports that lubitz had torn up sick notes including one on the day of the crash well just maybe there is something to this. I have a feeling that pilots are threatened with being fined if they report sick etc on budget airlines or airlines in general and are ordered to work the old saying you better be either bedridden or near dying to have time off. Just maybe in a insane way he was highlighting something that needs to be investigated and that is just how many pilots are flying around ill or with stress related issues and the procedure of what happens when a pilot phones in sick.
At this point I believe any theories can work as prosecutors are still figuring out this whole mess. I truly believe many outside "personal" variables played into this tragedy. The MAIN variable for me is the fact that once he was known to have series of depression dating back in 2009, the killer knew he was fucked (don't want to mention his ugly name). Airlines has a strict rule for depression which gets you banned from ever being a captain. The killer knew that because he was caught in 2009 he was screwed and could never be a captain which he mentioned many times that was his goal in life. Perhaps he was hoping things would change in 2015 and once he failed his check again he ripped up the doctors note and carried on with his duties. I guess dark thoughts started clogging his mind and he thought it would be a good idea to bring down a plane of 150 people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaX View Post
Being German myself and living not too far from Dusseldorf (targeted airport) I am devastated by this and I still struggle to understand why one would kill 149 other people just because he wants to die. I am sure its related to his message that one day he will be remembered etc and he just must have been very ill. One of the expert doctors also said, this act cannot be caused by depression and a wish for suicide itself, but rather by a larger scale of severe mental illness.

Btw the latest news this morning is that Lufthansa doctors new about his depression but failed to report it to the officials. Insiders came up stating that there aren't sufficient Lufthansa doctors and they are over worked, some have left and few of the remaining ones only work part time while some are retiring soon. Potentially one key piece that made this whole tragedy possible.
You are right about depression. Depression is not the sole cause for suicides. People make the mistake to think that when you are "depressed" you automatically go into a mass murder-mind type mentality which is far from the truth. He had more of a severe mental illness which I believe was already mentioned to be severe personality disorder, but I could be wrong (too lazy to go back and search). Interesting about the doctors, although they already had records of his depression back in 2009 so he shouldn't have even stepped foot into an airplane from the start. Someone fucked up big at Lufthansa. By default there is a "cap" on peoples lives if an airplane goes down due to mechanical error which each person on board is insured up to $180,000 US. HOWEVER, due to the fact that Germanwings Airbus (which is a VERY, VERY reliable airplane compared to the boeing) going down because of some mental retard who was not man enough to take his own life alone will be very messy. Families can now sue passed the $180,000 mark. It's still sad as money doesn't replace a human being. Fucking coward. Too bad religion is bullshit and hell doesn't exist otherwise I'd be sitting here very content...

Azimuth, intre, Kelseecat65, Maree
Old 04-05-2015, 09:02 AM
BryanXavier
Offline:
Fiscally Irresponsible
Poster Rank:72
Male
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4794 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
13/20 14/20
Today Posts
3/11 ssss12966

Quote:

I was listening to NPR and a reporter in Germany said that patient confidentiality is so important to Germans there that they have been extremely reluctant to report on the co-pilot's medical history, some even refusing to post his last name.

This true? Will they change requirements due to this?

Michael_Jackson
Old 04-06-2015, 06:51 AM
gatagato
★ Moderator ★
Poster Rank:180
Male
Contributions: 367

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 852 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
3/11 sssss5486

Quote:

Great post and kudos for being so unbiased and clear headed in these circumstances. The problem of inadequate safety checks focused on mental illnesses amongst pilots was raised years ago, and don't think that the problem exists only in Germany: that day happened with a German pilot, but it will happen again and again: somewhere else. Since German aviation authority was never made aware of pilot's illness, there was NOTHING they could do in order to avoid the disaster:
what we know for sure is that the man had serious issues, that Lufthansa "knew" it and did nothing to ground the man, but the problem that medical checks of crew members by the safety regulators and airlines are NOT rigorous enough exists everywhere, including Europe and US.
150 lives wasted because of a fucking retarded dude is really something hard to digest

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gatagato For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, BBKF, Kelseecat65, Michael_Jackson, winvens
Old 04-06-2015, 03:33 PM
Coreym07
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:2382
Dick In A Box

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 7/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss115

Some photos of crash site.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-64-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-66-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-65-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-73-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-76-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-80-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-82-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-83-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-84-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-85-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

germanwings-airbus-a320-flight-9525-crash-in-french-alps-86-France-mar-24-15.jpg  

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Coreym07 For This Useful Post:
AnalThunder, Azimuth, Bloodhound76, Clubhouse, gatagato, Hunted, intre, JulianTD, kellyhound, Kelseecat65, Michael_Jackson, Pigeon, selene, winvens