Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524
15 Year Old Baby Mama Leaves Baby on Train Platform While Her Mama Beats Fare

<object id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9042005&parentId=9041206&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site=" ></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed id="otvPlayer" width="400" height="268" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allownetworking="all" allowfullscreen="true" src="http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/static/flash/embeddedPlayer/swf/otvEmLoader.swf?version=fw1000&station=wpvi&sectio n=&mediaId=9042005&parentId=9041206&cdnRoot=http://cdn.abclocal.go.com&webRoot=http://abclocal.go.com&configPath=/util/&site="></embed></object>

Action News

PHILADELPHIA, PA - March 26, 2013 (WPVI) -- A mother and daughter are accused of trying to cheat the SEPTA system and, in the process, accidentally leaving a baby girl alone on the Market-Frankford El platform.

Police say the family ordinarily walks with the baby to the El. The 15-year-old mother takes the El to school and the grandmother then takes the baby with her.

However, on Monday, the 15-year-old was off from school so the two were going to visit an aunt together. But, there was some miscommunication about who was going to take the baby.

In addition, police say, the two were trying to figure out how to get on the train by using just one day pass, which is good for just one person.

In surveillance video, the 15-year-old can be seen going through the turnstile at the 60th Street Station, then handing the day pass back to the grandmother, who allegedly intended to use it at the 56th Street Station to avoid suspicion.

After exchanging the pass, the mother and grandmother can be seen on video turning simultaneously after the baby was placed at the gate and walking away, leaving the baby girl behind.

It wasn't until the two met up on the train that they realized the baby was gone.

A SEPTA cashier discovered the little girl and immediately took her into care.

Officers arrived and the baby was evaluated to make sure she was safe and well. DHS was called, but after authorities contacted the mother and grandmother, who were reportedly frantic about the situation, the act was determined to be unintentional.

The women also left their purses and food with the child, which police say made it even more obvious that it was all a big accident.

Officials added that because of their reaction to having left the baby behind, the decision was made not to charge the mother or grandmother with the alleged fare evasion.

The baby is being attended to by the mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181
Re: 15 Year Old Baby Mama Leaves Baby on Train Platform While Her Mama Beats Fare

Stupid people just so they could try to get over on the system.

The Following User Says Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Darkest Angel
Offline:
Born in the USA
Poster Rank:74
100% female
Contributions: 1

Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Quoted: 1785 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12873
Re: 15 Year Old Baby Mama Leaves Baby on Train Platform While Her Mama Beats Fare

Each one probably thought the other had grabbed baby girl. Trying to be slick they lost sight of what was most important.

The Following User Says Thank You to Darkest Angel For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkest angel View Post
Each one probably thought the other had grabbed baby girl. Trying to be slick they lost sight of what was most important.

I hope they learned their lesson! The baby always comes first in my care!

Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM
Sharon
Offline:
✝ Moderator ✝
Poster Rank:10
Sparkle and Smut
Contributions: 204

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss51364

People here always get charged for fare evasion and so should they. Idiots

The Following User Says Thank You to Sharon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM
petedeamon
Offline:
My Rank: MASTER SERGEANT
Poster Rank:377
yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss1919

Fine examples for the kid to emulate.

The Following User Says Thank You to petedeamon For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-28-2013, 12:15 PM
GregK
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:313
male

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 9/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2473

Ehh i can see the confusion but i check my pocket for my phone every time i leave areas... shouldnt you do the same when you have a child?

The Following User Says Thank You to GregK For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 PM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss21524

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregK View Post
Ehh i can see the confusion but i check my pocket for my phone every time i leave areas... shouldnt you do the same when you have a child?

One would think

The Following User Says Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
GregK