Contributions: 118

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 2758 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527
14 Year Old Beat & Suffocated 7 Month Old Sister

<****** src='http://widget.newsinc.com/single.html?WID=1&VID=24356483&freewheel=69016&sit esection=nydailynews&w=635&h=357' height='357' width='635' scrolling='no' frameborder='0' marginwidth='0' marginheight='0'></******>

Thursday, February 14, 2013.

By Shelley Ng / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Washington, DC - area boy, 14, left to watch siblings beats 7-month-old sister and suffocates her to death: cops

Johnathan Aguiluc, of White Oak, Maryland, has confessed to police, saying he wanted to stop Larissa Yanes from crying, and is being tried as an adult on a 1st-degree murder charge.

Gloria Yanes, 39, left her son to babysit his sisters while she went to work Thursday night. She discovered her 7-month-old daughter unresponsive when she she returned and attempted to feed her the following morning. A Washington, D.C.-area teenager is being charged as an adult with first-degree murder for beating and suffocating his baby sister to death, police said Monday.

Johnathan Aguiluc, 14, of White Oak, Maryland, appeared in court Monday, where a judge denied him bond.

Police say Gloria Yanes, 39, left her 11640 Lockwood Drive apartment about 10:30 p.m. Thursday to go to work, leaving Aguiluc to babysit his two sisters, 7-month-old Larissa Yanes and a 3-year-old whose name was not released.

Aguiluc confessed to police that he beat his infant sister and then covered her nose and mouth when she would not stop crying.

"He admitted to causing those injuries and also placing his hands over her mouth and nose as she was crying," said Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks to local ABC affiliate WJLA-TV.

When she had apparently quieted, Aguiluc placed her in a car seat. That is where Yanes found Larissa when she returned home at 5:30 a.m. Friday. About half an hour later, Yanes attempted to wake Larissa to feed her, only to discover the baby was unresponsive.

Montgomery County Police Captain Paul Starks said the suspect admitted to placing his hands over Larissa’s nose and mouth as she was crying. He also said that although it is legal to have a 14-year-old watch younger siblings in Maryland, some details of this case cannot be released now.

Yanes called emergency services, and Larissa was taken to Holy Cross Hosptial, where she was pronounced dead at 6:54 a.m. Authorities say the cause of death was asphyxia.

Some wounds on Larissa's body were determined to be postmortem insect bites.

"This particular apartment was infested with bugs," said Montgomery County State's Attorney John McCarthy in court. "The bugs attacked this child after she died."

Now, Child Services is investigating the living conditions of Yanes' home and whether Aguiluc was a victim of abuse, according to WJLA-TV. If he was an abuse victim, the charges against him could be amended, and he would be tried as a juvenile.

"In Maryland, it is permissible to have a 14-year-old watch a younger sibling under normal circumstances, but there are some details I can't release as this investigation goes on," said Starks.

Meanwhile, Yanes' neighbors were reeling from the shocking news.

"She never even had a chance at life," says Brian McCoy. "(It's) really a shame, and now it's really two lives taken away. The 14-year-old just lost his life, too."

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
apartment.jpg  

policeman.jpg  

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
Faline, gatagato, nanigodsmum
Old 02-14-2013, 10:06 PM
Megamel29
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:283
Female
Contributions: 6

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2913
Re: 14 Year Old Beat & Suffocated 7 Month Old Sister

Why didn't the mother take the baby to the hospital when she came home from work and found her unresponsive? I don't know if that would have saved the baby, but it seems odd that she wasn't concerned.

The Following User Says Thank You to Megamel29 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-14-2013, 10:13 PM
My Rank: FIRST SERGEANT
Poster Rank:276

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss3029

Beat his ass with in an inch of his life and then give him 25 to sit and think about it. Glad he's being charged as an adult. Never understood how anyone under 16 could be charged as an adult though.

The Following User Says Thank You to AmericanIllusions For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-15-2013, 02:16 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamel29 View Post
Why didn't the mother take the baby to the hospital when she came home from work and found her unresponsive? I don't know if that would have saved the baby, but it seems odd that she wasn't concerned.

I think the mother ASSumed the baby was sleeping until it was feeding time.

I would have had if it been my child, but, I would not have left an infant and a toddler with a 14 year old boy, even a brother.

Most mothers do check on their babies, and children in general, when they come home any time I was babysitting. My niece always kisses the younger one.

If he had fed, changed, and held her, she probably would have gone to sleep.

Perhaps it was his first time and the mother didn't give him any instructions. Very sad

I don't get why idiots beat babies and don't understand why they cry!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diamondsmiles For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, Megamel29
Old 02-15-2013, 02:18 AM
diamondsmiles
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:37
Female

Activity Longevity
5/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss21527

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanIllusions View Post
Beat his ass with in an inch of his life and then give him 25 to sit and think about it. Glad he's being charged as an adult. Never understood how anyone under 16 could be charged as an adult though.

I am hearing that more often when murder is involved.

Old 02-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Faline
Offline:
♥ Moderator ♥
Poster Rank:2
Gore Goddess
Contributions: 226

Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392

The Following User Says Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles
Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 PM
kellyhound
Offline:
✝Moderator from Hell✝
Poster Rank:9
Contributions: 413

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1760 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
15/20 20/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss61220

wtf is wrong with that evil seed ?

Old 02-15-2013, 03:57 PM
summer34
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE FIRST CLASS
Poster Rank:3013
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 12/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss76

irresponsible mother, to leave a 14yr old boy with a baby, how stupid, surely the signs were there for here to see
tragic

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer34 For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, diamondsmiles
Old 02-15-2013, 05:15 PM
Flaka
Offline:
Tuya
Poster Rank:19

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2170 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
4/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss37570

Legal or not, you don't leave a child with a child. I feel bad for the baby who will never get to have a life and for the child who killed his sister. That's to much responsibility and pressure for a kid of his age to feed, watchand comfort a baby over night.. I don't know all the details but i just get a feeling that he did not want to kill his sister, just wanted her to stop crying... Kid needs a psych... Two lives wasted. Sad

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flaka For This Useful Post:
bdjackass318, diamondsmiles, Megamel29
Old 02-15-2013, 05:33 PM
bdjackass318
Offline:
My Rank: FIRST LIEUTENANT
Poster Rank:154
Contributions: 5

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1460 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss6181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaka View Post
Legal or not, you don't leave a child with a child. I feel bad for the baby who will never get to have a life and for the child who killed his sister. That's to much responsibility and pressure for a kid of his age to feed, watchand comfort a baby over night.. I don't know all the details but i just get a feeling that he did not want to kill his sister, just wanted her to stop crying... Kid needs a psych... Two lives wasted. Sad
Couldn't said it better!

The Following User Says Thank You to bdjackass318 For This Useful Post:
diamondsmiles