female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186
Re: 13-Year-Old Girl Invents Lollipops That Cure Hiccups

Mine turned out to be as TheCapn put it, a mix of phycological and neurological. However, when common remedies (yes I even tried the holding breath thing) don't work, you have to look outside the box and find something your own body will respond to.

Some things really do work. What she came up with worked for her and will possibly work for many others. Give her some credit for ingenuity. No one is stupid for finding something to help themselves!

Old 05-20-2012, 11:20 PM
jacob beghner
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1715
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188

Smart little bitch. That's awesome though, I applaud her. It's not often younger folk spend time at all on anything that is worth a Damn.

Old 05-20-2012, 11:38 PM
jacob beghner
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1715
male

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss188

@the captn: but the cause of the diaphragm spasms would be from a build up of nitrogen bubbles that irritate it. Dissolving the nitrogen back into the blood stream or whatever would be the cure. Hiccups would be the bodily way of doing that. So activity would speed up the proccess ending them sooner. Or much like nutmeg would calm the body. Or with the psychosis or whatever they would then just have to focus on something to override the response. I dunno. Just talking out my ass here.

The Following User Says Thank You to jacob beghner For This Useful Post:
AnneLea
Old 05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Drusilla
Offline:
★ Server Supporter ★
Poster Rank:967
Yes

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss454

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneLea View Post
She could incorporate nutmeg, too. It was the one thing that worked to slow mine down every day. Now that the rout cause of my 3 year long hiccups has been solved, I don't get but the occasional burst anymore.

I'd also tried the things listed, and many more, but one nurse told me to try the nutmeg, because, apparently, just the right amount acts like a sedative, a little more and it's a hallucinogen, and just past that it's a poison.

I experimented up from a pinch to a table spoon and found the right amount for the severity of the moment, and I was able to function for several hours at a time without hiccuping.
You are my new hero, to get through such a horrible experience with your sanity intact.I've heard about those guys that have non-stop hiccuping on the news and it always strikes me as one of my worst nightmares.I HATE hiccups,even for a few hours-but for 3 years! What a hell it must have been.What caused yours? Anyway,I'm really glad you found the cause and get a bit of relief now.Sounds like total misery.