Mentioned: 85 Post(s)
Quoted: 1894 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss93392
13-Year-Old Girl Invents Lollipops That Cure Hiccups

Quote:
Hiccups, we all get them from time to time, and the most annoying thing about them is they are so darn hard to get rid of. But 13-year-old Mallory Kievman seems to have finally found a cure to this irritating problem – a hiccup-stopping lollipop called the Hiccupop.

Mallory’s quest to find a real cure for hiccups started during the summer of 2010. She had tried to cure her uncontrollable hiccups by swallowing saltwater, making herself gag, eating a spoonful of sugar, drinking a glass of water upside-down or sipping pickle juice. None of those seemed to work on their own, but the ambitious young girl was determined to find a real cure for the annoying problem man has been facing since the beginning of time. Fast forward two years and almost 100 folk remedies tried, Mallory Kievman has reached her goal and is starting a company to commercialize and promote her magic product – Hiccupops.
Believe it or not, the stubborn inventor created the special hiccup-stopper right in her family’s kitchen, in Manchester, Connecticut. After a lengthy process of trial and error, Mallory decided to incorporate her three favorite cures – lollipops, apple cider vinegar and sugar - into one killer combo she named Hiccupops. “It triggers a set of nerves in your throat and mouth that are responsible for the hiccup reflex arc. It basically over-stimulates those nerves and cancels out the message to hiccup,” the 13-year-old says.
But Mallory didn’t just rest on her laurels after inventing Hiccupops, she went on to present her product to the world, and during a convention for kids, she met Danny Briere, a serial entrepreneur and founder of Startup Connecticut. She new that people would immediately fall in love with Hiccupops or just think she was nuts. Lucky for her, and everyone who hates hiccups, Briere loved her idea and decided to help this young girl launch her own company. “It’s very rare, when you’re evaluating businesses, that you can envision a company or product being around 100 years from now. Hiccupops is one of those things. It solves a very simple, basic need”, Briere said about Mallory’s invention, and it’s hard to disagree with him on this one.

Now, Mallory Kievman will have her own team of consultants, as the University of Connecticut’s Innovation Accelerator is preparing to dispatch a group of graduate business students to help the 13-year-old inventor launch Hiccupops, this summer. Mallory hopes her hiccup-stopping lollipop will become a staple of school nurses’ offices and drugstores, and that it will even bring serious benefit to people suffering from cancer, as it is known that chemotherapy causes hiccups. Now that she’s managed to find a formula that hardens well and is stable for shelf storage, Mallory is focusing on tweaking the taste of her Hiccupops.

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
Hiccupops-550x275.png  

Mallory-Kievman-550x368.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Faline For This Useful Post:
AnneLea, Arsedestroyer, KandaPanda, Nite, Pyramid_Head
Old 05-14-2012, 04:36 AM
Nite
Offline:
Retarded Genius
Poster Rank:3

Mentioned: 384 Post(s)
Quoted: 16139 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
11/20 14/20
Today Posts
5/11 ssss88622
Re: 13-Year-Old Girl Invents Lollipops That Cure Hiccups

holy shit
that girl is sitting on a goldmine

all power to her

Old 05-14-2012, 05:41 AM
MCBR
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:76

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 2350 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12857

bored

Your Source For Death Pictures and Death Video
1.jpg  

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MCBR For This Useful Post:
5umguy24, candylord, Faline, Kadavar, KandaPanda, phluff, Pyramid_Head, Shelbeano ^-^
Old 05-14-2012, 08:10 AM
fattubbashit
Offline:
Fuckyoutillyouloveme.
Poster Rank:60
Cant you smell it?

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 4715 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
5/20 15/20
Today Posts
11/11 ssss15413

Good luck to her. Hope some douche doesn't fleece the girl.

Old 05-14-2012, 11:20 AM
AnneLea
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1732
female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss186

She could incorporate nutmeg, too. It was the one thing that worked to slow mine down every day. Now that the rout cause of my 3 year long hiccups has been solved, I don't get but the occasional burst anymore.

I'd also tried the things listed, and many more, but one nurse told me to try the nutmeg, because, apparently, just the right amount acts like a sedative, a little more and it's a hallucinogen, and just past that it's a poison.

I experimented up from a pinch to a table spoon and found the right amount for the severity of the moment, and I was able to function for several hours at a time without hiccuping.

The Following User Says Thank You to AnneLea For This Useful Post:
Pyramid_Head
Old 05-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Pyramid_Head
Offline:
My Rank: MAJOR
Poster Rank:80
Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss12567

That girl is gonna be rich at 14.....wow! She is fucking smart, good for her.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:55 PM
Stevee
Offline:
So Fucking Banned
Poster Rank:21

Activity Longevity
0/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss33585

What is to stop some corporate fuck stealing her idea?, I am sure she will have patented it but she told us the recipe, so anyone can just do the same thing under a different name.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Spiffyfable
Offline:
★ PSYCHOPOMP ★
Poster Rank:86
Man

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 765 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss11946

If it works.... go for it!

Old 05-19-2012, 03:56 AM
SeaGrave
Offline:
My Rank: STAFF SERGEANT
Poster Rank:597
Female

Activity Longevity
0/20 10/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss953

Old 05-19-2012, 03:58 PM
TheCapn
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:856
Male

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 14/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss545

Just..stupid. Hiccuping is a spasm of the diaphragm. So if you hold your breath for about 10 seconds , then take lots of long deep breaths you will stop your hiccup. Besides if you are getting hiccups as a side affect from surgery or chemotherapy. Thats not down to a reflex arc in your mouth, that's psychological and neurological.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheCapn For This Useful Post:
whoreofbabalon