Male

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1095 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
2/11 ssss12567
Re: 11 Year Old Kills 8 Year Over "no"

His parents should be charged too. Leaving a shotgun down where anyone can easily access it.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pyramid_Head For This Useful Post:
Azimuth, ColbiasVolk, darkredspyder, dragonhalf13570, MisterX, morbid75, Oswald2001, Pink., shiverpudlian, TyrRoo, winvens
Old 10-07-2015, 05:38 PM
darkredspyder
Offline:
My Rank: SERGEANT
Poster Rank:746
Some Gender

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 3/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssssss693

Poor parenting at its finest. The boy's prior behavior is a good indicator of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtonkfan View Post
Why on earth did the child have access to a gun? Sickening.

Guns should be banned imo.
Banning guns won't fix bad parents. The parents should be punished in some way for making the gun so easy for the little shit to access. Banning them from ever owning another gun is probably a good idea. But to say ban guns for everyone because this kid's dumbass parents failed to properly store their gun is just excusing them and their kid. You might as well just say you don't think he should be held responsible because guns are bad. I'm willing to bet that if this little shit didn't have access to a gun, he would have found a knife, a baseball bat, or another weapon instead and still attacked this girl. All because he didn't get his way.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to darkredspyder For This Useful Post:
adhartz, Alchemistry, art32, ColbiasVolk, destroom101, dirty ike, dragonhalf13570, facing_reality, jtonkfan, MisterX, Oswald2001, Pink., shiverpudlian, vagabond, winvens, Xfactor
Old 10-08-2015, 04:49 AM
wujuan
Offline:
i am that which is
Poster Rank:311
girlie girl

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
1/20 11/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss2494

her parents have abandoned the puppies.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
Poster Rank:8
female

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 9043 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

In this case definitely, charges should be filed. .

I have guns and two 11 year olds, and for no possible reason...EVER... would they be allowed unsupervised access. They know about guns. But we also have let them see exactly what guns are meant to do....and what guns do. They know that once fired, you can not take that bullet or shell back. They know that dead people do not get up and walk away with funny cartoon limps, either.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Pink. For This Useful Post:
art32, Azimuth, darkredspyder, dirty ike, dragonhalf13570, facing_reality, jtonkfan, MisterX, morbid75, Oswald2001, winvens
Old 10-08-2015, 10:22 AM
jtonkfan
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1676
Female

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss196

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkredspyder View Post
Poor parenting at its finest. The boy's prior behavior is a good indicator of that.

Banning guns won't fix bad parents. The parents should be punished in some way for making the gun so easy for the little shit to access. Banning them from ever owning another gun is probably a good idea. But to say ban guns for everyone because this kid's dumbass parents failed to properly store their gun is just excusing them and their kid. You might as well just say you don't think he should be held responsible because guns are bad. I'm willing to bet that if this little shit didn't have access to a gun, he would have found a knife, a baseball bat, or another weapon instead and still attacked this girl. All because he didn't get his way.
I understand where you're coming from. I completely agree that if he didn't have a gun, it would've been another type of weapon. Obviously a very troubled little boy.

Though, coming from the UK - guns are illegal. I can't help but think there would be less gun related crimes if it was made more difficult to gain access to a gun.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jtonkfan For This Useful Post:
darkredspyder, winvens
Old 10-08-2015, 10:36 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
I understand where you're coming from. I completely agree that if he didn't have a gun, it would've been another type of weapon. Obviously a very troubled little boy.

Though, coming from the UK - guns are illegal. I can't help but think there would be less gun related crimes if it was made more difficult to gain access to a gun.
It works when gun restrictions have always been the norm. What I mean by that is that for instance, in the UK, gun ownership was not ever written into some implied God-given right law, and people there are not obsessed with gun ownership.

Now, in the US, guns are an established commodity. They are very plentiful. Not so in the UK.

another issue is the application of the laws of ownership. There are...lets just say...loopholes....

Law abiding citizens can get guns, but then if there is a problem,. all that they have to do is to become non law abiding and buy off the street. for instance, I know without doubt that I could start making calls right now and with the right money, have a gun in my hands within a day...or less.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pink. For This Useful Post:
darkredspyder, jtonkfan
Old 10-08-2015, 10:47 AM
jtonkfan
Offline:
My Rank: LANCE CORPORAL
Poster Rank:1676
Female

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
0/20 5/20
Today Posts
1/11 ssssss196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink. View Post
It works when gun restrictions have always been the norm. What I mean by that is that for instance, in the UK, gun ownership was not ever written into some implied God-given right law, and people there are not obsessed with gun ownership.

Now, in the US, guns are an established commodity. They are very plentiful. Not so in the UK.

another issue is the application of the laws of ownership. There are...lets just say...loopholes....

Law abiding citizens can get guns, but then if there is a problem,. all that they have to do is to become non law abiding and buy off the street. for instance, I know without doubt that I could start making calls right now and with the right money, have a gun in my hands within a day...or less.
I don't know much about the gun laws, or even how to go about legally obtaining a gun but when I was visiting America, I was shocked when I came across the gun counter at Walmart

The Following User Says Thank You to jtonkfan For This Useful Post:
Top Gear
Old 10-08-2015, 10:56 AM
morbid75
Offline:
★Athena★
Poster Rank:139
Contributions: 17

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3915 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
6/20 6/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssss7043

Quote:
Why on earth did the child have access to a gun? Sickening.

Guns should be banned imo.
If you have a kid with known issues you should keep your guns locked up or just not have any. I watched this video once about a kid with issues and they had every knife locked up and anything sharp but the kid used pencils, brooms and whatever was around. That poor girl was probably afraid that psycho kid was going to hurt the puppy. They should just put that kid down like a rabid animal. There will be no rehabilitation because he is a psycho and will do it again.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to morbid75 For This Useful Post:
darkredspyder, destroom101, jtonkfan, Pink., shiverpudlian, TyrRoo, winvens
Old 10-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Pink.
Offline:
TROLLBEGONE!!!!!
female

Activity Longevity
3/20 16/20
Today Posts
0/11 ssss63927

Quote:
I don't know much about the gun laws, or even how to go about legally obtaining a gun but when I was visiting America, I was shocked when I came across the gun counter at Walmart
I must apologize for having you exposed to Wal Mart....!!!! It's like Hillbilly...crossed with Ghetto....and usually overweight and mentally lacking

...Sad, the denizens of that wilderness!!!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pink. For This Useful Post:
darkredspyder, jtonkfan, Keydog, morbid75, TyrRoo
Old 10-09-2015, 01:25 PM
art32
Offline:
My Rank: PRIVATE
Poster Rank:4889

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Activity Longevity
2/20 15/20
Today Posts
0/11 sssssss33

Quote:

But yet, there high knife stabbing related crimes in the uk since guns are difficult to acces,tell me,did you carry a knife on you?since you come from the UK.

The Following User Says Thank You to art32 For This Useful Post:
dirty ike